Reopening Disneyland

Status
Not open for further replies.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

When I rode the jungle cruise at WDW in July the skipper had to remind a group in the back of the boat a few times to make sure to cover their nose and mouth with their masks. Takes away from the immersion a tiny bit lol
Did they have any other announcements on any other rides that were similar?

mickEblu

When I rode the jungle cruise at WDW in July the skipper had to remind a group in the back of the boat a few times to make sure to cover their nose and mouth with their masks. Takes away from the immersion a tiny bit lol

Haha. I think one may be able to get away with it on roller coasters. Not sure about the slow moving dark rides or rides like JC where you actually have a CM present.

Last edited:

mharrington

I have just seen on CBS' "Face the Nation" how A) there is concern for reopening things too quickly; B) how some states have not only eased, but in some cases, eliminated entirely pandemic mandates; C) how Spring Break has become really busy this year, with over a million people flying, the highest ever since the pandemic began; and D) only a small percentage of people have been fully vaccinated at this point. President Biden admitted that things can change in a heartbeat.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I have just seen on CBS' "Face the Nation" how A) there is concern for reopening things too quickly; B) how some states have not only eased, but in some cases, eliminated entirely pandemic mandates; C) how Spring Break has become really busy this year, with over a million people flying, the highest ever since the pandemic began; and D) only a small percentage of people have been fully vaccinated at this point. President Biden admitted that things can change in a heartbeat.
Which is the reason why all Americans becoming eligible to get the vaccine starting May 1st is important. The more people we can get vaccinated in this country quickly the better. Even getting a single dose of the two dose Moderna or Pfizer vaccines provides protection.

CDC reports that as of today 27% of Americans over 18 have gotten at least the first shot, allowing protection.

In California the CDC reports as of today 26.2% over 18 have gotten at least the first shot, again allowing protection.

Also in California our case trend is still in the downward trajectory. We've hit some of the lowest daily case numbers since the pandemic began. So for now we're doing ok, the vaccination program is doing its job by keeping case numbers low. Disneyland is still on track to reopen the end of April. And so we should be hearing from Disney very soon about official reopening dates.

Until then I wouldn't worry about this stuff, we're heading in a good direction right now.

truecoat

Which is the reason why all Americans becoming eligible to get the vaccine starting May 1st is important. The more people we can get vaccinated in this country quickly the better. Even getting a single dose of the two dose Moderna or Pfizer vaccines provides protection.

CDC reports that as of today 27% of Americans over 18 have gotten at least the first shot, allowing protection.

In California the CDC reports as of today 26.2% over 18 have gotten at least the first shot, again allowing protection.

Also in California our case trend is still in the downward trajectory. We've hit some of the lowest daily case numbers since the pandemic began. So for now we're doing ok, the vaccination program is doing its job by keeping case numbers low. Disneyland is still on track to reopen the end of April. And so we should be hearing from Disney very soon about official reopening dates.

Until then I wouldn't worry about this stuff, we're heading in a good direction right now.

A downward trajectory is not a time to relax all restrictions while we are still over 1000 deaths a day and new cases aren't below 50,000. March 8th, we had a single day of 124,000 new cases.

We are heading in the right direction but could easily spike in areas of high vaccine refusal, i.e. the south.

ToTBellHop

A downward trajectory is not a time to relax all restrictions while we are still over 1000 deaths a day and new cases aren't below 50,000. March 8th, we had a single day of 124,000 new cases.

We are heading in the right direction but could easily spike in areas of high vaccine refusal, i.e. the south.
We didn’t have 124k cases 3/8. We had a data dump from Missouri.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom