Reopen Disneyland Rally - Saturday, March 13th at 8 AM

TP2000

I know you’ve never heard of it. Many black people can usually spot other people who have some blackness. We come in many shades. It’s perfectly normal.

Huh. No, I've never heard that Black people can spot the hidden Blackness in others. Do you consider the Kardashians to be Black?

Or, I guess, honest question, how can you tell that the Kardashians are not Black yet Meghan Markle is?

It's really a fascinating concept, to be honest.

Californian Elitist

Huh. No, I've never heard that Black people can spot the hidden Blackness in others. Do you consider the Kardashians to be Black?

Or, I guess, honest question, how can you tell that the Kardashians are not Black yet Meghan Markle is?

It's really a fascinating concept, to be honest.
This will be my last response to the topic of blackness and Markle in this thread, as it has gotten a bit awkward now with these questions.

The Kardashians are not black. They're Armenian and white. Most of their children are half black and it's obvious to me that they are.

Taking one Kardashian (prior to the slew of surgeries), Kim, her almond-shaped eyes and her hooked nose make it very clear that she's not black. Markle is light-skinned, but she has yellow and red undertones with a slight tan, typical of someone with blackness. Her hair is also a dead giveaway. It's clear to me that it's not naturally straight, as her edges sometimes maintain their curl/kinky texture and straightened black hair has a distinct look that I can't describe, which I see in her hair. She also has high cheekbones, typical of one with African ancestry, and while she does not have very full lips, they're not thin either. They're in between.

Also, her mother is fully black, which makes her more than 25% black. She is biracial and identifies as such.

TP2000

Montecito, eh? That's the big bag.

View attachment 538420

I actually have a second cousin that lives in Montecito. Not in the hills near Oprah or Prince Harry, further down in the lowlands where property goes for a fraction of those sprawling estates. But it is a lovely and rather exclusive community by the sea, from the lowlands to the hills.

One thing is for darn sure, anyone who can comfortably live anywhere within Montecito city limits is not worthy of our concern and sympathy, especially during a crisis time like this. There are ten million other Californians, just in this one state, who are far more deserving of our concern and sympathy than anyone in Montecito.

I haven't spoken with my second cousin since last year when a relative passed away. I should call her up and ask her what she thinks of Prince Harry and Meghan moving into town! Maybe she's run into them at the 76 station? 🤣

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
When someone calls me out specifically, I'm not backing down. I hadn't even noticed the comment about my alleged "ignorance" until tonight, about a day after it was said. I wasn't really checking this thread because this rally thing sounds stupid.

Do you have something to say about Saturday morning's rally at 8AM?

I'm not going. I doubt any of us are. But if there's something more to discuss about that rally, be my guest. :)

I am not going, but probably see if any News Station is covering it on TV.

I am going to the White House (Anaheim) at 5 PM Saturday for a belated BD dinner for my wonderful wife. It is OC Restaurant week, and their Prix Fixe Menu is only $50.

TP2000

This will be my last response to the topic of blackness and Markle in this thread, as it has gotten a bit awkward now with these questions.

The Kardashians are not black. They're Armenian and white. Most of their children are half black and it's obvious to me that they are.

Taking one Kardashian (prior to the slew of surgeries), Kim, her almond-shaped eyes and her hooked nose make it very clear that she's not black. Markle is light-skinned, but she has yellow and red undertones with a slight tan, typical of someone with blackness. Her hair is also a dead giveaway. It's clear to me that it's not naturally straight, as her edges sometimes maintain their curl/kinky texture and straightened black hair has a distinct look that I can't describe, which I see in her hair. She also has high cheekbones, typical of one with African ancestry, and while she does not have very full lips, they're not thin either. They're in between.

Also, her mother is fully black, which makes her more than 25% black. She is biracial and identifies as such.

I must be honest and tell you that's absolutely fascinating. I appreciate your response. :)

I had never given it that much thought, only considered it in vague passing. And I can't be the only one who has done it that way.

And for the record, I know the Kardashians are not Black, and I understand where on the globe Armenia is.

It's just the Kardashians have been a very popular and easily recognizable fashion reference the past decade, and Meghan Markle looks a lot like a Kardashian girl.

But again, I never gave it as much detailed thought as you did. Her appearance only briefly scanned across my brain for a few seconds before I got distracted by something else; a piece of toast, a hummingbird at the feeder, a good song on the radio, etc.

Last edited:

fctiger

When someone calls me out specifically, I'm not backing down. I hadn't even noticed the comment about my alleged "ignorance" until tonight, about a day after it was said. I wasn't really checking this thread because this rally thing sounds stupid.

Do you have something to say about Saturday morning's rally at 8AM?

I'm not going. I doubt any of us are. But if there's something more to discuss about that rally, be my guest. :)

I said it in my first post here today. I think its ridiculous it's still going on. But people will find any excuse to get out of the house these days, so.....

TP2000

I said it in my first post here today. I think its ridiculous it's still going on. But people will find any excuse to get out of the house these days, so.....

I think it's kind of sweet that some fans want to do this. But it's also sort of sad.

They don't quite get it. They aren't well organized. The optics are weird. The message is muddled.

And finally.... the godawful hour of 8AM on a Saturday?!? That's what proves to me these kids don't quite get it. 🤣

For the past year, this forum has almost fully supported keeping Disneyland closed, Color Coded Terror Alert Tiers, The French Laundry and mandating how many kids can go to the playground. Now that Disneyland is actually going to be opening, supposedly, these people are losing their minds.
Oh no, I was mainly talking about how the thread was now about Meghan Markle and Harry lol. I agree the state could start opening up sooner rather than later.

DavidDL

Heard on the radio this morning that Chapek wants to open Disneyland by late April. Do you think anyone will still bother with this rally knowing that the parks have effectively been given the green light to open in some capacity and workers to return from furlough? Seems like it'd be a waste of everyone's time at this point. I guess there could be a person or two standing on the corner demanding it open tomorrow.

I dunno. We've waited this long. What's another month and a half, eh?

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
It is still happening, just renamed...

>>To make it CLEAR to everyone who plans on attending our upcoming #ReturnToMagic Celebration rally is that:

1. We encourage everyone to bring homemade signage though we please ask you that your signage be made on the message of #TheReturnToMagic #SafeThemeParkReopening #ReopenDisneyland #ReadyToRideSafely Support of All Disneyland Cast members etc. anything disney related.

2. *NO Political signage of any kind at the Rally*

3. We Please Ask that you all Follow The Health and Safety Guidelines listed in the event page.

Thank you from The bottom of my heart for your support and we look forward to seeing all of you on Saturday March 13th at 8am and please continue to invite and share the event with Family,Friends, Disney Pass holders etc.

Disclaimer: The rally adheres to the recent changes within state and health guidelines that warrants us to address and encourage the reopening of Disneyland and California Adventure.

In addition, The rally has no political affiliations and discourages the counter efforts against our current state leader, Gov. Gavin Newsom.
We are here to uplift and unite what is currently underway in a safe place away from home — the happiest place on earth.<<

milordsloth

It is still happening, just renamed...

>>To make it CLEAR to everyone who plans on attending our upcoming #ReturnToMagic Celebration rally is that:

1. We encourage everyone to bring homemade signage though we please ask you that your signage be made on the message of #TheReturnToMagic #SafeThemeParkReopening #ReopenDisneyland #ReadyToRideSafely Support of All Disneyland Cast members etc. anything disney related.

2. *NO Political signage of any kind at the Rally*

3. We Please Ask that you all Follow The Health and Safety Guidelines listed in the event page.

Thank you from The bottom of my heart for your support and we look forward to seeing all of you on Saturday March 13th at 8am and please continue to invite and share the event with Family,Friends, Disney Pass holders etc.

Disclaimer: The rally adheres to the recent changes within state and health guidelines that warrants us to address and encourage the reopening of Disneyland and California Adventure.

In addition, The rally has no political affiliations and discourages the counter efforts against our current state leader, Gov. Gavin Newsom.
We are here to uplift and unite what is currently underway in a safe place away from home — the happiest place on earth.<<

"3 going - 13 interested"... That can't be everyone interested in the celebration rally, could it?

denyuntilcaught

TP2000, you're hilarious and I support you, but as a Black person, this comment throws me off. I often get told that people cannot tell that I am Black, but that...doesn't make me any less Black. Just makes that person that much more ignorant. And yes, it's often said that Black individuals (myself included) can spot the "hidden Blackness" in others. It's almost instinctual.

TP2000

TP2000, you're hilarious and I support you, but as a Black person, this comment throws me off. I often get told that people cannot tell that I am Black, but that...doesn't make me any less Black. Just makes that person that much more ignorant. And yes, it's often said that Black individuals (myself included) can spot the "hidden Blackness" in others. It's almost instinctual.

That's fascinating! It really is. I've never heard of that concept before. I only use the Kardashians as a point of reference not because I think they look Black (they certainly don't, and I know where Armenia is), but because Meghan Markle looks rather Kardashian-esque to me.

But again, until I was accused of being "ignorant" in this thread, I'd only given Ms. Markle's appearance about 60 seconds worth of passing thought in the last few years, all of that time spread out in short 2 second bursts.

If I was forced to be on a game show where I had to guess Ms. Markle's ancestry, I would guess a dozen different countries/regions north of the Euphrates River before I got to the correct answer of "Sub-Saharan African". I'd go home in shame with a case of Rice-A-Roni as my losing parting gift. :confused:

I think we've learned two things in this thread about a rally no one is actually going to...

1. Meghan Markle is revered and not to be questioned by peasants like me.
2. The 8AM Rally is still happening this Saturday for 7 people. Make your own signs!

Last edited:

Practical Pig

But again, until I was accused of being "ignorant" in this thread ...
The word "ignorance" can be loaded with insult depending on the intent. But essentially all it means is "without knowledge". And that is a defense/deflection you've been using extensively in your recent responses. It seems to me that on this subject, you have confirmed the case.

Last edited:

TP2000

The word "ignorance" can be loaded with insult depending on the intent. But essentially all it means is "without knowledge". And that is a defense/deflection you've been using extensively in your recent responses. It seems to me that on this subject, you have confirmed the case.

Interesting. And it all stems from silly old me thinking Meghan Markle looked more Kim Kardashian than Mary Wilson. Who knew?!? :D

What we all know now though, is that Meghan Markle is untouchable. She is not to be questioned. You will obey.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom