Reopen Disneyland Rally - Saturday, March 13th at 8 AM

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
>>Join us Saturday March 13th at 8am outside of Disneyland Resort on Harbor Blvd, (Pedestrian Entrance)

As we gather safely together In solidarity of all Disney Cast Members and all Theme Park workers calling for The Re-opening Of Disneyland & All Theme Parks , which by these efforts, will boost those small businesses as well, through AB-420: https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/.../billTextClient...

Required Health & Safety guidelines to be followed:

1. Masks On at all times.
2. Keep 6feet apart from each other.
3. Sanitizing Of your hands frequently.

We Thank you so much and Hope to See you all there with us. #SafeThemeParkReopening #ReopenDisneyland #DisneyStrong #CMStrong <<

Note, I did do some minor editing of the posted text.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

>>Join us Saturday March 13th at 8am outside of Disneyland Resort on Harbor Blvd, (Pedestrian Entrance)

As we gather safely together In solidarity of all Disney Cast Members and all Theme Park workers calling for The Re-opening Of Disneyland & All Theme Parks , which by these efforts, will boost those small businesses as well, through AB-420: https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/.../billTextClient...

Required Health & Safety guidelines to be followed:

1. Masks On at all times.
2. Keep 6feet apart from each other.
3. Sanitizing Of your hands frequently.

We Thank you so much and Hope to See you all there with us. #SafeThemeParkReopening #ReopenDisneyland #DisneyStrong #CMStrong <<

Note, I did do some minor editing of the posted text.
Not this again. Waste of time. It will open when it opens..

el_super

So wait, unlike last time (which didn't work), this time they will have the backdrop of people actually trying to walk around them to get into Disneyland? That poor girl is going to have to change her sign, since the gates are open now.

What a pointless waste of time.

DavidNoble

I know a lot of people are anxious to go back to the parks and a lot of people lost their jobs, but is it really worth rallying and protesting to go ride Space Mountain? Do what you want but I'm on the "it opens when it opens" side. It's closed for a reason.

I mean, Space Mountain is a pretty amazing ride.

flutas

It won't.

But why does it have to be so damn early? 8AM on a Saturday morning???

Couldn't they try for something at Noon? You can sleep in, but gives you plenty of time to still make a Target run afterwards.

I feel like noon would be better in terms of exposure as well.

Potential for more traffic on the roads, and that lovely 12 slot for a news show to cover it.

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
I feel like noon would be better in terms of exposure as well.

Potential for more traffic on the roads, and that lovely 12 slot for a news show to cover it.
Saturday at 8 AM is the best time of day for live newscasts. Multiple stations (Three, 5, 7 & 9) do Morning news that time of day. By noon, stations are covering sports or required Educational programming

Last edited:

flutas

Saturday at 8 AM is the best time of day for live newscasts. Multiple stations do Morning news that time of day. By noon, stations are covering sports or required Educational programming

True, true. I was thinking live news on weekdays.

But a better question would probably be, is that even a thing anymore?

Nirya

The Recall Gaviners were the majority of the Original Peaceful Protest and they got the guy on the ballot for Recall. I'd call it a success, frankly.

So it turns out, it's actually not super difficult to get enough signatures from random people to get something on a ballot if you have enough money. It is a whole different matter to actually be successful in your efforts to get someone recalled. If they can't even get Orange County onboard, then all they've really proved is that they have found a new way to burn a lot of money with nothing to show for it.

Old Mouseketeer

So it turns out, it's actually not super difficult to get enough signatures from random people to get something on a ballot if you have enough money. It is a whole different matter to actually be successful in your efforts to get someone recalled. If they can't even get Orange County onboard, then all they've really proved is that they have found a new way to burn a lot of money with nothing to show for it.

Plus there is a flaw in the CA Constitution--the wording is bad in the recall section. If the Governor is recalled, he or she should be succeeded by the Lt. Gov. (who is the elected successor). The provision to elect a replacement should be reserved for statewide elected offices that don't have an elected successor.

Old Mouseketeer

Saturday at 8 AM is the best time of day for live newscasts. Multiple stations (Three, 5, 7 & 9) do Morning news that time of day. By noon, stations are covering sports or required Educational programming

There should be a call for drive-by participation. This was a feature of the union protests last year. I think they should encourage people to post signs on their cars to drive past the Harbor pedestrian entrance. The organizers can certainly request "no honking" so as not to interfere with media coverage.

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
Plus there is a flaw in the CA Constitution--the wording is bad in the recall section. If the Governor is recalled, he or she should be succeeded by the Lt. Gov. (who is the elected successor). The provision to elect a replacement should be reserved for statewide elected offices that don't have an elected successor.

Totally wrong.

If the recall qualifies, then the Lt. Governor is required to set the election between 60 and 80 days from the notification.

But the ballot comes in two parts.

The first question is, Do you want to recall Governor Newsom? A Yes vote is to remove him from office.

The second question is, If the recall is successful, who should replace him?

It is expected that around 100 people will place their name on the ballot.

The person with the most votes, no majority needed, will become the new Governor.

This is how the State got Governor Arnold!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom