Reopen Disneyland Rally - Saturday, March 13th at 8 AM

Californian Elitist

Well, I don't know about that.

What we had on national TV last week was Oprah who is worth 3 Billion (with a B) Dollars interviewing two privileged and spoiled people worth considerably less, but from their palatial estate in Montecito that they just bought for $14 Million.

Covid has destroyed the economy, Disneyland is still closed, and I'm supposed to feel sorry for the Prince of England and his camera-hog actress wife? I can think of many, many people on this planet more deserving of my pity than those two wealthy fools. :rolleyes:

Prince Harry won't take a DNA test because he knows that Prince Charles is not his father and thus there's no royal blood in him (Cue the youngsters Googling scandalous newspaper reports circa 2000, then look at the real father in his Polo gear, then look back at Harry. Oops!). Meghan Markle is a middling, out of work B List actress that was in some show I'd never heard of. But she married well, to her credit. Now she complains about it. From the patio of her $14 Million Montecito estate. Got it. :cool:

Until very recently I honestly had no idea that Meghan Markle was Black. A Hispanic lady at a dinner party this past weekend was just as shocked as I was when she said "I thought she was Puerto Rican! I can always spot fellow Puerto Ricans!". That lady brought down the house with that line. 😅

I actually thought Miss Markle was vaguely Italian or something. Maybe Turkish? Black never entered my mind from the few photos I'd seen, but I believe her if she says she's Black. Anyone can indentify as anything now, so more power to her!

But when single mothers are still out of work and struggling in this closed Covid economy? I'm supposed to feel sorry for Prince Harry and his actress bride? No thanks. I know human misery when I see it, and that's not human misery.
8654998F-CDD7-4C51-934C-EF42EE830AA2.jpeg

TP2000

Thank you. Just speaking my mind and offering my thoughts on the matter.

I do not believe that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are worthy of our time or sympathy. There are far more deserving members of American society that deserve that sympathy, especially now. Like 15,000 out of work Cast Members. Or small business owners who can't get Sacramento to issue Guidance on how they can reopen their businesses.

These two on the sun-dappled terrace of their $14 Million Montecito estate are not worthy of my sympathy and concern.

210304153653-01-harry-meghan-oprah-interview-exlarge-169.jpg

Californian Elitist

I do not believe that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are worthy of our time or sympathy. There are far more deserving members of American society that deserve that sympathy. Like 15,000 out of work Cast Members. Or small business owners who can't get Sacramento to issue Guidance on how they can reopen their businesses.

These two on the sun-dappled terrace of their $14 Million Montecito estate are not worthy of my sympathy and concern.

You continue to show your ignorance as well. Also, I’m not surprised one bit that you can’t tell between biracial black people and Hispanic people. Lol.

But anyways, go on.

TP2000

You continue to show your ignorance as well. Also, I’m not surprised one bit that you can’t tell between biracial black people and Hispanic people. Lol.

But anyways, go on.

Seriously, does she look Black to you? She doesn't look Black to me. Vaguely southern European. Maybe Lebanese or Armenian? She looks a lot like a Kardashian to me, and they are the most famous Armenians on the planet. But like the lady at the dinner party, I would think Puerto Rican wouldn't be out of the question.

But Black? I just don't see it, at least from photos. Maybe it's more apparent in real life? Since you seem to know about her, where does the Black in her ancestry come from? Was one of her parents Black? A grandparent?

This looks like a dorky redheaded guy and a pretty cousin of the Kardashians to me. What am I missing?
prince_harry_meghan_markle_happy.jpg

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
Seriously, does she look Black to you? She doesn't look Black to me. Vaguely southern European. Maybe Lebanese or Armenian? She looks a lot like a Kardashian to me, and they are the most famous Armenians on the planet. But like the lady at the dinner party, I would think Puerto Rican wouldn't be out of the question.

But Black? I just don't see it, at least from photos. Maybe it's more apparent in real life? Since you seem to know about her, where does the Black in her ancestry come from? Was one of her parents Black? A grandparent?

She is less than 25% Black, which would make her child less than 12.5% Black.

TP2000

She is less than 25% Black, which would make her child less than 12.5% Black.

Huh. That explains why many folks don't know she's Black.

Seriously, this was the topic at a dinner party this past weekend more than their vapid, self-serving interview. Many of us had no idea she was Black, or identified as Black, and were confused.

She is pretty, I'll give her that. Her hairdo is lovely swept up off her face like that. Harry really scored with her, because he's kind of dorky looking as most British royals are. The British royals are not a naturally pretty family. No wonder he won't take a DNA test! :cool:

Last edited:
I came back to this site to see y'alls thoughts on the reopening and instead, you guys are talking about Meghan Markle...seems to be related to Disneyland reopening somehow. Have a good time with the "rally" I guess and I hope you all have a good night.

George Lucas on a Bench

I came back to this site to see y'alls thoughts on the reopening and instead, you guys are talking about Meghan Markle...seems to be related to Disneyland reopening somehow. Have a good time with the "rally" I guess and I hope you all have a good night.

For the past year, this forum has almost fully supported keeping Disneyland closed, Color Coded Terror Alert Tiers, The French Laundry and mandating how many kids can go to the playground. Now that Disneyland is actually going to be opening, supposedly, these people are losing their minds.

fctiger

I do not believe that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are worthy of our time or sympathy. There are far more deserving members of American society that deserve that sympathy, especially now. Like 15,000 out of work Cast Members. Or small business owners who can't get Sacramento to issue Guidance on how they can reopen their businesses.

And yet you're talking about them lol. Just move on then, Jeeeeeesus!

Californian Elitist

This looks like a dorky redheaded guy and a pretty cousin of the Kardashians to me. What am I missing?
Again, it doesn’t surprise me that you can’t tell, TP. I had the same reaction when you relayed to me that you had zero interest in visiting any of the 50+ African countries. Not surprising at all.😂 Not surprised your dinner party friend can’t tell either.

Puerto Rican, Lebanese, Armenian, Italian... What else?😂

And yes, her blackness is obvious to me, but I’ve got a trained eye. That’s what you’re missing, BTW. Her mother is black.

Anyways...

TP2000

And yet you're talking about them lol. Just move on then, Jeeeeeesus!

Well, when another poster claims you are ignorant, it's worth debating don't you think?

Gosh knows none of us are actually going to this Saturday morning rally at 8AM! 🤣

lazyboy97o

Again, it doesn’t surprise me that you can’t tell, TP. I had the same reaction when you relayed to me that you had zero interest in visiting any of the 50+ African countries. Not surprising at all.😂 Not surprised your dinner party friend can’t tell either.

Puerto Rican, Lebanese, Armenian, Italian... What else?😂

And yes, her blackness is obvious to me, but I’ve got a trained eye. That’s what you’re missing, BTW. Her mother is black.

Anyways...
How can there be so many dinner party conversations with ladies when they all agree that women should be in the kitchen? 🤔

TP2000

Interesting. A trained eye for race; that's something I've never heard of before.

I'm mostly Swedish but couldn't spot a Swede out of a crowd if you paid me. :D

But if Meghan Markle had a mother who was Black, or part Black, then so be it. I still see more Kardashian or pretty Italian in her, but that's just me.

prince-harry-meghan-markle-sweet-t.jpg

TP2000

Fine, I'm leaving it alone. It's just sad EVERY thread I come to seems to be derailed and yes you seem to be doing a LOT of it. Not you alone, but yes a lot it is you.

When someone calls me out specifically, I'm not backing down. I hadn't even noticed the comment about my alleged "ignorance" until tonight, about a day after it was said. I wasn't really checking this thread because this rally thing sounds stupid.

Do you have something to say about Saturday morning's rally at 8AM?

I'm not going. I doubt any of us are. But if there's something more to discuss about that rally, be my guest. :)

Californian Elitist

Interesting. A trained eye for race; that's something I've never heard of before.

I'm mostly Swedish but couldn't spot a Swede out of crowd if you paid me. :D

But if Meghan Markle had a mother who was Black, or part Black, then so be it. I still see more Kardashian or pretty Italian in her, but that's just me.

prince-harry-meghan-markle-sweet-t.jpg
I know you’ve never heard of it. Many black people can usually spot other people who have some blackness. We come in many shades. It’s perfectly normal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom