Reopen Disneyland Rally - Saturday, March 13th at 8 AM

Communicora

Premium Member
This is not the thread for this topic and to be honest, this would be a typical response from you regarding a situation like this, but... No. You’ve missed the mark.
I started it by making a lighthearted joke related to the recall and I think we can all agree that the foibles of some extraordinarily privileged individuals aren't that serious.

Anyway, back to the rally. What are they asking for now that guidance has already been updated?

Californian Elitist

I started it by making a lighthearted joke related to the recall and I think we can all agree that the foibles of some extraordinarily privileged individuals aren't that serious.

Anyway, back to the rally. What are they asking for now that guidance has already been updated?
This rally is pointless and not that serious.

Did you watch the interview? Markle’s experiences and claims should not be dismissed as “pointless” and “not that serious,” and if you’re suggesting that wealthy people don’t deserve sympathy in regards to mental health and racism, then that’s tragic, but unsurprising.

aliceismad

No. Whenever anyone discusses things like feeling suicidal and racism toward children, it's worth listening to. I care zero about the British royal family, but I do think what she discussed in that interview was important and brave. Rich people are not lesser humans. Believing that rich people have money and therefore all their problems must be trivial is just another wall we put up between one another that makes us all worse in the long run.

Communicora

Premium Member
This rally is pointless and not that serious.

Did you watch the interview? Markle’s experiences and claims should not be dismissed as “pointless” and “not that serious,” and if you’re suggesting that wealthy people don’t deserve sympathy in regards to mental health and racism, then that’s tragic, but unsurprising.
You misunderstand me. I don't think a billionaire interviewing millionaires about their problems and accusations served up for entertainment on TV is that serious compared to all of the struggles and strife in the world especially right now.

Of course I hope she gets proper mental healthcare and that her child feels safe and loved -- I wish that for everyone.

DanielBB8

Wow, to contrast what is pointless and not serious by comparing the rally and Markle as the exact opposite.

The rally should be regarded as serious. Many jobs are on the line. Yet, it's not serious because it doesn't do the job. That's a shame and the blame goes up and down the line from Disney's inadequate response and Governor Gruesome's love for power. The new reopening schedule has nothing to do with new Covid information. It's all a political sh*t show. They should have reopened much earlier like in Florida.

Markle has grievances, yet her actions has serious implications to the Royal family. While it's hard for me and many people to take her seriously, she knew what she was getting into by marrying into the Royal family. However, separating and taking Prince Harry with her is the ultimate in bad decision making. The interview is a side show. She should just give up her title and live the civilian life; however, she want the trappings of Royalty without the duty to live with the protocols. The Queen should eventually take back all titles. They are useless outside of the UK despite using them for marketing her charities and selling her branded products. A talentless grifter.

Californian Elitist

You misunderstand me. I don't think a billionaire interviewing millionaires about their problems and accusations served up for entertainment on TV is that serious compared to all of the struggles and strife in the world especially right now.

Of course I hope she gets proper mental healthcare and that her child feels safe and loved -- I wish that for everyone.
What made the interview significant were the important topics that were brought up. If it was an interview about Markle's next gig as an actress, I would agree with you. If we should be more concerned about "serious" struggles and strife currently happening, then arguably none of us should be on these forums spending time talking about theme parks and should invest our time in greater matters.

Mental health is a serious struggle/strife/concern, in my opinion. I'll just leave it here though. I might create a thread on the topic of the interview for people to discuss further. There's no need to continue leading this thread astray and I apologize for doing so.

el_super

The rally should be regarded as serious. Many jobs are on the line.

It was a joke last time, and it will be a joke this time. If all those people out of work actually thought their jobs were being taken unjustly, wouldn't they be out there protesting as well?

Oh except they actually realized it wasn't safe and stayed home because they rightly believed in science.

DanielBB8

It was a joke last time, and it will be a joke this time. If all those people out of work actually thought their jobs were being taken unjustly, wouldn't they be out there protesting as well?

Oh except they actually realized it wasn't safe and stayed home because they rightly believed in science.
Or the workers didn't believe Disney management had their backs, which would be the truth.

denyuntilcaught

Wow, to contrast what is pointless and not serious by comparing the rally and Markle as the exact opposite.

The rally should be regarded as serious. Many jobs are on the line. Yet, it's not serious because it doesn't do the job. That's a shame and the blame goes up and down the line from Disney's inadequate response and Governor Gruesome's love for power. The new reopening schedule has nothing to do with new Covid information. It's all a political sh*t show. They should have reopened much earlier like in Florida.
The rally is a joke and you explained exactly why that's the case. It doesn't do the job. It's grandstanding. It completely reeks of the out-of-touch nature with reality that has unfortunately come to define Orange County. It's even more of a joke now that Chapek has giving us a not-so-distant timeline on reopening.

As others have noted, Markle was completely in the right to speak out the way she did. This isn't the struggle olympics.

Californian Elitist

The rally is a joke and you explained exactly why that's the case. It doesn't do the job. It's grandstanding. It completely reeks of the out-of-touch nature with reality that has unfortunately come to define Orange County. It's even more of a joke now that Chapek has giving us a not-so-distant timeline on reopening.

As others have noted, Markle was completely in the right to speak out the way she did. This isn't the struggle olympics.
That’s my thing. Why even still rally if a plan to reopen has been announced?

Californian Elitist

The point isn’t to just be on TV no matter how foolish one looks?
Oh, but of course. I forgot lol.
LOL is this still happening???? Someone should tell them they already won this round!

HOw did Megan Markle become a discussion here??? Never mind, I'm too afraid to even click on the other page now. I'll leave it alone.
Someone brought her up as a joke, TP responded with some ignorance, and I countered it.

TP2000

Oh, but of course. I forgot lol.

Someone brought her up as a joke, TP responded with some ignorance, and I countered it.

Well, I don't know about that.

What we had on national TV last week was Oprah who is worth 3 Billion (with a B) Dollars interviewing two privileged and spoiled people worth considerably less, but from their palatial estate in Montecito that they just bought for $14 Million.

Covid has destroyed our state, Disneyland is still closed, and I'm supposed to feel sorry for the Prince of England and his camera-hog actress wife? I can think of many, many people on this planet more deserving of my sympathy than those two wealthy fools. :rolleyes:

Prince Harry won't take a DNA test because he knows that Prince Charles is not his father and thus there's no royal blood in him (Cue the youngsters Googling scandalous newspaper reports circa 2000 and the name James Hewitt, then look at the real father in his Polo gear, then look back at Harry. Oops!). Meghan Markle is a middling, out of work B List actress that was in some show I'd never heard of. But she married well, to her credit. Now she complains about it. From the patio of her $14 Million Montecito estate. Got it. :cool:

Until very recently I honestly had no idea that Meghan Markle was Black. A Hispanic lady at a dinner party this past weekend was just as shocked as I was when she said "I thought she was Puerto Rican! I can always spot fellow Puerto Ricans!". That lady brought down the house with that line. 😅

I actually thought Miss Markle was vaguely southern Italian or something. Maybe Greek or Turkish? Black never entered my mind from the few photos I'd seen, but I believe her if she says she's Black. Anyone can indentify as anything now, so more power to her!

But when single mothers are still out of work and struggling and six months behind on their rent in this closed Covid economy? I'm supposed to feel sorry for Prince Harry and his actress bride? I know human misery when I see it, and that's not human misery.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom