News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

castlecake2.0

The ride building is right next to the access road backstage, so unfortunately there’s really not much they can do to obscure it on the far right side.

it really is a tight squeeze you’re right. I was wondering if their was room here for a few in that little island of grass they have. I know they can’t hide everything from view from the skyliner but even a few trees would help.
D0715994-54BB-4B6C-A991-94D4B600DC25.png

gerarar

Premium Member
Some more pictures/stills. Imagine if the backdrop were actual buildings/facades with illuminated windows. Would look even more awesome at night! Instead, they just get a reflection from all the other lights.
Although, there is a flood light on the far right attached to the flat facade, seems a bit odd.
9C3EE913-27D2-4D73-A840-0FE1D5E451E5.jpeg

0821A992-A3BC-462F-A780-FFBAF4367873.jpeg

Pictures come from site that shall not be named..

Incomudro

Some more pictures/stills. Imagine if the backdrop were actual buildings/facades with illuminated windows. Would look even more awesome at night! Instead, they just get a reflection from all the other lights.
Although, there is a flood light on the far right attached to the flat facade, seems a bit odd.
View attachment 519094
View attachment 519095

Very nice!
I love the street lined with street lamps seen in one of the other photos.
This is now the most fully fleshed out country in World Showcase.
You must feel like your actually in a real city when your down in there.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
View attachment 519094
View attachment 519095

Wish Gusteau in the Gusteau's sign was illuminated. More like this:
1608161856037.png

castlecake2.0

View attachment 519094
View attachment 519095

I’m curious to see what it will look like when you’re actually down in the street looking up and how much of the flat facade you’ll actually see? It may not be that noticeable. My biggest issue right now is as you come over the french bridge you can see the side of the facade behind chefs de france, which could probably be hidden with a few “chimneys”.

ChewbaccaYourMum

I’m curious to see what it will look like when you’re actually down in the street looking up and how much of the flat facade you’ll actually see? It may not be that noticeable. My biggest issue right now is as you come over the french bridge you can see the side of the facade behind chefs de france, which could probably be hidden with a few “chimneys”.
I'm not 100% sure, but I feel like we won't see the flats from ground level that well. It feels like it's something to just be there so we don't see the green show building at all, obviously, but at least it's some kind of painted background there for a fake sense of depth.

The area I think we will be able to see the flats for sure is when you first round the corner and come in to the new mini land. They're probably far away enough that they won't be jarring and might look good actually?

I don't know it's just what I think. I feel like Disney has a reason for using the flats and it's because they know this and have tested ground level walks around the mini land?

castlecake2.0

I'm not 100% sure, but I feel like we won't see the flats from ground level that well. It feels like it's something to just be there so we don't see the green show building at all, obviously, but at least it's some kind of painted background there for a fake sense of depth.

The area I think we will be able to see the flats for sure is when you first round the corner and come in to the new mini land. They're probably far away enough that they won't be jarring and might look good actually?

I don't know it's just what I think. I feel like Disney has a reason for using the flats and it's because they know this and have tested ground level walks around the mini land?
Yah I agree, hopefully we can see it in person soon!

puckett26

Any updates on opening date? I know IP integration is not popular but I am ok with it as long as it doesn't take away from the cultural experience, i.e. make it feel like Magic Kingdom light. Ratatouille is one of my daughter's favorite movies and we are trying to plan our 2021 visit around opening of this attraction (in addition to relaxed Covid restrictions/quarantining).

ChewbaccaYourMum

Any updates on opening date? I know IP integration is not popular but I am ok with it as long as it doesn't take away from the cultural experience, i.e. make it feel like Magic Kingdom light. Ratatouille is one of my daughter's favorite movies and we are trying to plan our 2021 visit around opening of this attraction (in addition to relaxed Covid restrictions/quarantining).
I think some time between March-July ? I don't remember what the insiders were saying, but I feel like it was something like this...?

I'm sorry if I'm way off.

*EDIT* I was way off on the estimated opening time. Marni has responded below ):

Last edited:

puckett26

I think some time between March-July ? I don't remember what the insiders were saying, but I feel like it was something like this...?

I'm sorry if I'm way off.
Thank you - I did recall late spring/summer prediction but was hoping an insider had a target date to share. Unfortunately the insiders don't share as much as they have in the past. And I don't blame them.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Best chance for 2021 is the second half. But don’t quote me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom