• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

puckett26

We're not anywhere near that bursting bubble. Disney has been tightening budgets and raising prices aggressively for WDW with the purposeful intent of reducing the number of guests that show up during peak times. Just look at how day-ticket prices fluctuate by what days you plan to attend.

WDW, especially MK, has an overcrowding problem. They don't want more guests. They want the same or even less guests that pay even more per person. (What business doesn't want that?)

Excellent post. We agree on many points but I think I used the wrong term. I should have stated my individual WDW value bubble is close to bursting. I am not seeing the value as I have in the past and agree with your points above. I am a repeat/frequent visitor who is now questioning if/when I will return. I am assuming I represent a growing group of return customers who are currently struggling to justify the value.

Iger himself on a quarterly call said that guest satisfaction goes down on very crowded days. That hurts the brand. That hurts long term attachment and repeat business. That hurts people's willingness to spend even more when they're at the park.
This should be heavily considered when calculating the equilibrium up-front price that does not sacrifice in-park spending to manage capacity better. I am far less willing to spend more at the parks if I feel like the up-front costs are egregious (hotel and tickets). I am looking at reducing my $ spent per day and considering options I never looked at in the past such as staying offsite and limiting how much we spend per day for food, souvenirs, etc. So from WDW's perspective I would be a break-even or loss customer as I spend more in one area and less in others.

Until they can build up more capacity, especially at the three under-utilized parks and make them more attractive to pull people from MK, WDW will continue to raise prices. And they'll do so, because they can. They've been doing it for years and the numbers continue to grow. They'll keeping raising prices until they find that breaking point.
Couldn't agree more and it certainly hurts my perceived value. Waiting too long forced some bad decision making (at EPCOT in particular) and now they are spending billions during a pandemic and investment recapture will certainly be impacted (justifying price increases). My personal breaking point for price (as a total package) may have been reached as we are now looking at staying on site at Universal (or offsite and not associated with WDW) and spending a few days at WDW. I have always stayed on site for at least a week and spent the majority of my time inside Disney Parks. WDW is compromising $ spent per day for average, repeat guests such as myself. Maybe I am underestimating the brand and represent a smaller group.

Disney can't run the parks at a price point that everyone can afford, otherwise, there would be 200 million people visiting every year, and MK would be as crowded every day of the year as they are during Christmas week... and they can't handle that. Short of a permanent reservation system, the only control on stopping overcrowding is raising prices. And it looks like we're still nowhere near that breaking point.
Agree but as mentioned above there has to be an equilibrium pricing model that also factors in $ spent in total per day and not just "up front" revenues from hotel and park tickets. As you mentioned above though, you need capacity to be more evenly distributed through all of the parks to increase $ spent per day at each (which amazes me that MK has so few TS dining options). Perhaps I am falling victim to WDW's pricing/capacity model and my pride is damaged 😢

Side note - thank you very much for the rumor tracking threads. I appreciate the effort and it does a great job of accumulating all of the rumors.

HauntedPirate

Sheltered-at-home Park nostalgist
Premium Member
We're not anywhere near that bursting bubble. Disney has been tightening budgets and raising prices aggressively for WDW with the purposeful intent of reducing the number of guests that show up during peak times. Just look at how day-ticket prices fluctuate by what days you plan to attend.

WDW, especially MK, has an overcrowding problem. They don't want more guests. They want the same or even less guests that pay even more per person. (What business doesn't want that?)

Iger himself on a quarterly call said that guest satisfaction goes down on very crowded days. That hurts the brand. That hurts long term attachment and repeat business. That hurts people's willingness to spend even more when they're at the park.

Until they can build up more capacity, especially at the three under-utilized parks and make them more attractive to pull people from MK, WDW will continue to raise prices. And they'll do so, because they can. They've been doing it for years and the numbers continue to grow. They'll keeping raising prices until they find that breaking point.

Disney can't run the parks at a price point that everyone can afford, otherwise, there would be 200 million people visiting every year, and MK would be as crowded every day of the year as they are during Christmas week... and they can't handle that. Short of a permanent reservation system, the only control on stopping overcrowding is raising prices. And it looks like we're still nowhere near that breaking point.

Let’s not kid ourselves - Disney wants as many people in the parks paying as much as they can possible get out of them every single day. Iger’s comment was PR fluff, nothing more. As long as people keep showing up and paying, they’ll keep doing what they’ve been doing.

If Disney focuses more on per day spending, that could mean big increases in the cost of APs, especially the ones with fewer blackout dates.

You mean even bigger increases than the near-doubling of Platinum AP prices since 2015, when Chapek was installed as head of the parks? Honestly, that would be cutting off their nose to spite their face. 2020 should have proven to them that they need locals and AP holders, despite those who apparently loathe them.

lazyboy97o

Let’s not kid ourselves - Disney wants as many people in the parks paying as much as they can possible get out of them every single day. Iger’s comment was PR fluff, nothing more. As long as people keep showing up and paying, they’ll keep doing what they’ve been doing.
It's not that Iger was giving fluff, but was speaking to some very specific metrics that very few would consider a great experience. Disney is still obsessed with the 7.3 attractions metric. They want people minimally satisfied, not over satisfied.

MisterPenguin

Rumormonger
Premium Member
You're privy to how much customers who give high satisfaction scores spend and return v. those who don't give high satisfaction scores and can separate out how many of each group was present on a 'crowded' day?

HauntedPirate

Premium Member
You're privy to how much customers who give high satisfaction scores spend and return v. those who don't give high satisfaction scores and can separate out how many of each group was present on a 'crowded' day?

Wait, you aren’t? I didn’t know. I’ll talk to the Bob’s about that next week, see if I can get you into The Club. 😉

I think their focus on the first time/once-in-a-lifetime-vacation guests says where their priorities lie. And it really isn’t on making sure those who are there on the really busy/expensive days are giving high guest sat numbers. But that’s just jaded me talking.

MisterPenguin

Rumormonger
Premium Member
Wait, you aren’t? I didn’t know. I’ll talk to the Bob’s about that next week, see if I can get you into The Club. 😉

I think their focus on the first time/once-in-a-lifetime-vacation guests says where their priorities lie. And it really isn’t on making sure those who are there on the really busy/expensive days are giving high guest sat numbers. But that’s just jaded me talking.

Well, Iger didn't say what he said as a prepared PR spiel. He was asked about 'yield', IOW, how much more can be squeezed out of paying customers to the park. And that's when he noted that getting more bodies into the park has diminishing returns because of guest dissatisfaction with that crowded experience. And so, he talked about squeezing yield out of higher-end upcharge events that don't generally impact most other guests. So, that probably sounds more like Bob to you. ;)

Last edited:

HauntedPirate

Premium Member
Well, Iger didn't say what he said as a prepared PR spiel. He was asked about 'yield', IOW, how much more can be squeezed out of paying customers to the park. And that's when he noted that getting more bodies into the park has diminishing returns because of guest dissatisfaction with that crowded experience. And so, he talked about squeezing yield out of higher-end upcharge events that don't generally impact most other guests. So, that probably sound more like Bob to you. ;)

That does sound more like Bob. 😁

WEDway Inc & Company LLC

Vistazo-a-Remy´s-Ratatouille-Adventure-scaled.jpg

Just noting, Luis Fonsi and his family got to experience Remy's Ratatouille Adventure yesterday (12/21.)

gerarar

Visible (outdoor) construction seems to just about wrap up in the France expansion.

Some new things to note:
outdoor rope queue added to the Crepe restaurant. They lead to the windows where guests can place orders and presumably pickup their food!
9F186974-802A-4EFA-83CA-FC7CEA4B2695.jpeg

8B3AD7F3-4F40-4FD4-99AB-46E8DA99D32B.jpeg

BA016C73-A665-4D11-A76B-7A68195E45AC.jpeg

Minor detail, but love the rust leaking onto the pathways and stones from the various light posts and faucets. Gives the area that authentic and rustic look!

657C588D-E8DD-4F61-9CF8-181325D06316.jpeg

DD8DEC5B-E154-4BE1-8CED-0C9B7C5D7B7B.jpeg

4CCE5CB8-E4BB-4E4A-8AA1-1EFA60C1AB82.jpeg

The only thing missing it seems is various flower pots and containers along the pathway. But those may be filled once the area is close to opening.

Pictures come from site that shall not be named..

brihow

The Creperie building is...generic to say the least. As lackluster as the concept art was, I feel the finished product looks even worse.

View attachment 520952

View attachment 520953
I totally agree. The shutters are screaming for some brighter color and the awnings would be so much more charming in stripes. Hopefully there are as many beautiful flowers as there are in the concept art, that would help a lot.

marni1971

WDW History nut
Premium Member
Visible (outdoor) construction seems to just about wrap up in the France expansion.

Some new things to note:
outdoor rope queue added to the Crepe restaurant. They lead to the windows where guests can place orders and presumably pickup their food!
View attachment 520944
View attachment 520945
View attachment 520946
Minor detail, but love the rust leaking onto the pathways and stones from the various light posts and faucets. Gives the area that authentic and rustic look!

View attachment 520947
View attachment 520948
View attachment 520949
The only thing missing it seems is various flower pots and containers along the pathway. But those may be filled once the area is close to opening.

Pictures come from site that shall not be named..
That all oddly looks like Google Earth 3D imagery. Even though it’s not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom