News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

_caleb

No lol. I don't get it.. or maybe don't care enough I don't know. But it honestly looks fine to me. Seems people just being mad to be mad, but everyone is entitled to feel however they want!
It’s not that we’re mad. Just disappointed. It’s like the lecture parents give to teenagers: “I just know you can do better, and I want you to be the best you can be!”

lazyboy97o

I’m pretty sure doors like that were common in historical mercantile buildings.
The problem isn’t that it is a door on an upper level. Those did and do exist. It is there because it is an actual door that is still used. The problem is that it doesn’t align to or match anything else. It doesn’t make sense to build a separate floor for the door that is lower than the rest of the floor. That’s a lot of work to make something less useful. It also interrupts the horizontal spacing of the windows in a style where regularity is a feature.

MrHappy

The problem isn’t that it is a door on an upper level. Those did and do exist. It is there because it is an actual door that is still used. The problem is that it doesn’t align to or match anything else. It doesn’t make sense to build a separate floor for the door that is lower than the rest of the floor. That’s a lot of work to make something less useful. It also interrupts the horizontal spacing of the windows in a style where regularity is a feature.
There’s this house from a Prime/Masterpiece show in Corfu in Greece.

Attachments

• 84240DB0-079D-49D5-8D79-5AA9A45B1D23.jpeg
    84240DB0-079D-49D5-8D79-5AA9A45B1D23.jpeg
    38.2 KB · Views: 225

Next Big Thing

So I haven't been all that active on here since the pandemic began, but i've heard rumors that this ride won't open until next year and then rumors that it'll be finishing up later this year. Do we know which one we are leaning toward?

lazyboy97o

There’s this house from a Prime/Masterpiece show in Corfu in Greece.
For some reason the larger image is not loading for me, so I can only see the thumbnail. It looks like an image of the Daffodil Yellow Villa. Those are windows, not doors, and they are arranged in a pattern. The facade is symmetrical and regular. The center column of windows is offset, but their regularity suggests that they are windows on the landings of a central stair.

Look around enough and you’ll find plenty of architectural oddities. Sometimes they are someone just doing something different, but unless they’re a notable landmark they are not going to be considered representative of a style or place. Many times they are a function of history, things being changed and reused. What now is either considered decorative or an oddity often had some purpose for being. The Yellow Daffodil Villa provides another example of how the existing door could have been integrated into something more sympathetic to the regularity typical of Parisian facades. The faux windows are the same height as the door. Another faux window above and changing the door panels to look like closed shutters could have given that same look of windows at stair landings. Still a bit unusual but its a strategy that could have incorporated the door into a traditional pattern instead of trying to just skip over that whole section of wall.

MrHappy

For some reason the larger image is not loading for me, so I can only see the thumbnail. It looks like an image of the Daffodil Yellow Villa. Those are windows, not doors, and they are arranged in a pattern. The facade is symmetrical and regular. The center column of windows is offset, but their regularity suggests that they are windows on the landings of a central stair.

Look around enough and you’ll find plenty of architectural oddities. Sometimes they are someone just doing something different, but unless they’re a notable landmark they are not going to be considered representative of a style or place. Many times they are a function of history, things being changed and reused. What now is either considered decorative or an oddity often had some purpose for being. The Yellow Daffodil Villa provides another example of how the existing door could have been integrated into something more sympathetic to the regularity typical of Parisian facades. The faux windows are the same height as the door. Another faux window above and changing the door panels to look like closed shutters could have given that same look of windows at stair landings. Still a bit unusual but its a strategy that could have incorporated the door into a traditional pattern instead of trying to just skip over that whole section of wall.
Wow, thanks for the reply. I know you are very knowledgeable in this area. You explained a fairly simple way to enhance this floating window and give it reason and purpose. But, does this window require reason and purpose? My assumption was it was a loading door for an Parisian garment store. But that’s just my imagination running with it. I guess it will go down as one of those Disney design quirks.

Surferboy567

So...3 major e tickets one after the other?

You could make the argument that Rat isn’t an E but Epcot is in such dire need of...something. I could also make a compelling argument the other way.

If I had to take a guess, Tron likely opens in October, Guardians opens probably in that July-September window, and Rat probably opens in that April-June window.

...I know it’s way too early to talk about this but with everything going on I really wonder what happens at D23...they are really going to have to make a big splash but not sure if they can due to cost. If D23 even happens that is.

EDIT: All these predictions are in 2021 terms.

Last edited:

brihow

So...3 major e tickets one after the other?

You could make the argument that Rat isn’t an E but Epcot is in such dire need of...something. I could also make a compelling argument the other way.

If I had to take a guess, Tron likely opens in October, Guardians opens probably in that July-September window, and Rat probably opens in that April-June window.

...I know it’s way too early to talk about this but with everything going on I really wonder what happens at D23...they are really going to have to make a big splash but not sure if they can due to cost. If D23 even happens that is.
Wait you think Tron is opening October 2020???

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom