News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I feel like it would behoove them to try to get this one completed as quickly as they can. Epcot needs something new now to bring guests into the park. Sounds like they are struggling to do that at the moment. Why not allocate all resources/labor to this project. Guardians and Tron weren't going to be completed this year anyway.
A) construction is just part of the jigsaw. Training is a bigger one

B) There is some debate if they want crowds descending on a debuting attraction.

Surferboy567

A) construction is just part of the jigsaw. Training is a bigger one

B) There is some debate if they want crowds descending on a debuting attraction.

I can see B.) being a problem. That is however, the only reason they wouldn’t want to get this done ASAP.

Is training really that hard?

TiggerDad

Actual training isn’t but having the right people to train is. A lot of Showcase is being staffed on an ad hoc basis at the moment. Almost a transient cast.

There might be a third reason but it’s too early to tell at the moment.
IMG_0242.GIF

Magic Feather

I've heard some rumors that Disney may try to offset the horrible news of the Earnings call on 8/4 by providing an opening date for Ratatouille. Is there any chance of this?
Pre-COVID, the attraction corporate was most interested in was Cosmic Rewind (the first major, original E-Ticket debuting from the Marvel portfolio that also acted as the headlining attraction for the revamp of Epcot).

It now appears to be temporarily usurped by Rat, simply due to the symbolism that it will be the first new thing to open post virus.

Unfortunately, they were already worried about queue space for this attraction. Social Distancing requirements did not help.

RSoxNo1

Pre-COVID, the attraction corporate was most interested in was Cosmic Rewind (the first major, original E-Ticket debuting from the Marvel portfolio that also acted as the headlining attraction for the revamp of Epcot).

It now appears to be temporarily usurped by Rat, simply due to the symbolism that it will be the first new thing to open post virus.

Unfortunately, they were already worried about queue space for this attraction. Social Distancing requirements did not help.
It feels to me that the new area of France won't be big enough to satisfy the demand for this? I suppose the good thing is that it's a fairly efficient attraction under normal operations.

UNCgolf

It feels to me that the new area of France won't be big enough to satisfy the demand for this? I suppose the good thing is that it's a fairly efficient attraction under normal operations.

I wonder how long the demand will remain high. I'm sure it will for a couple of years just due to being a new ride, but I'm not sure it'll last too long past that. I don't believe Ratatouille is overwhelmingly popular, nor do I think the ride is special -- it looks entertaining enough, but not like something that will blow people away. While it's certainly a better ride than Frozen Ever After, I don't think it will have the long-lasting popularity of FEA because it doesn't have the massive IP following.

Of course, EPCOT is so starved for attractions that could all go out the window, especially if Guardians ends up as the only other new ride for the next 5+ years.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I wonder how long the demand will remain high. I'm sure it will for a couple of years just due to being a new ride, but I'm not sure it'll last too long past that. I don't believe Ratatouille is overwhelmingly popular, nor do I think the ride is special -- it looks entertaining enough, but not like something that will blow people away. While it's certainly a better ride than Frozen Ever After, I don't think it will have the long-lasting popularity of FEA because it doesn't have the massive IP following.

Of course, EPCOT is so starved for attractions that could all go out the window, especially if Guardians ends up as the only other new ride for the next 5+ years.

Re-rideability is higher than with FEA due to the nature of the ride. After riding the original in DLP in 2018, I said this will likely be popular at Epcot for a while, but that was based on the pre-COVID world. Now... uncertain, the future is.

nickys

Premium Member

But attendance may not return to normal for at least two years, so this ride could be “new” for a lot of people for the next three or four years.
Obviously Guardians will overtake it but this will be the new family attraction in Epcot for a long time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom