News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

Sir_Cliff

Reminds me of the Thunderbird Lodge at the Grand Canyon... it's not the El Tovar, but it's not a Motel 6 either.
It's inspired by Frank Lloyd Wright's architecture, which is really nicely communicated through the slanting roof of the lobby, light fixtures through the main building, etc. The hotel is not quite as bombastic in its theming as the Wilderness Lodge, but as someone who likes Frank Lloyd Wright's architecture enough to travel out to Scottsdale, Arizona to see Taliesin West, the hotel theming works like a charm for me!

Missing20K

Whoa! That's unacceptable.

View attachment 383964

C'mon, this should be an easy 'build a little Moroccan tower there to hide it' fix.
giphy.gif

Sky

It’s funny you bring that up because you can start to see which windows on the new facades will be lit and which will be fake. Those with holes in the sheathing should be lit and those fully closed will probably be fake (Its easy to cut into the insulation though).

Rob562

Whoa! That's unacceptable.

View attachment 383964

C'mon, this should be an easy 'build a little Moroccan tower there to hide it' fix.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt until the project is complete, at least for small sightline issues like this. (Larger ones like from across the lagoon are another matter entirely) I like to point to the Fantasyland Expansion as a semi-recent example. During previews from just outside the bathrooms by Gaston's Tavern you could see the top couple of feet of a very unthemed Little Mermaid queue building over the wall. Within a few weeks it had been painted and moulding had been added to blend in with the surrounding buildings.

If there's a plan for taking care of this view, I'd expect it to be way toward the end of the construction timeline...

Edit to add: Two things give me hope... One, the little area immediately behind that wall is currently dirt. (I tried to find older aerial images to see if it's always been dirt, but I wasn't able to find anything)

(From Google Maps)

And also as seen on the plans showing the scope of the project, this little corner is included as being within the bounds of the project.
Might not mean anything, they may just be following the edge of all of those buildings, but it gives me hope...

-Rob

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt until the project is complete, at least for small sightline issues like this. (Larger ones like from across the lagoon are another matter entirely) I like to point to the Fantasyland Expansion as a semi-recent example. During previews from just outside the bathrooms by Gaston's Tavern you could see the top couple of feet of a very unthemed Little Mermaid queue building over the wall. Within a few weeks it had been painted and moulding had been added to blend in with the surrounding buildings.

If there's a plan for taking care of this view, I'd expect it to be way toward the end of the construction timeline...

Edit to add: Two things give me hope... One, the little area immediately behind that wall is currently dirt. (I tried to find older aerial images to see if it's always been dirt, but I wasn't able to find anything)
View attachment 385973
(From Google Maps)

And also as seen on the plans showing the scope of the project, this little corner is included as being within the bounds of the project.
Might not mean anything, they may just be following the edge of all of those buildings, but it gives me hope...

-Rob
Like the Sausalito box, this show building’s exterior envelope is made of insulated metal panels intended to hold up little else besides themselves. The areas you point to are just part of construction and the water management for the area. Anything added would be after the fact, not part of the planned design.

Princess Leia

Fly to Paris to guarantee it. You’ll have a ball too!
Fingers crossed, I'm finally taking a trip to France next year. 2-3 days in DLP (I was looking at airbnbs when a friend and I were thinking about a trip this fall, and they were a lot cheaper than I was expecting), then 10 days exploring the rest of the country. Is there anything new coming to DLP within the next year that I should be looking out for? New rides or refurbs?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Fingers crossed, I'm finally taking a trip to France next year. 2-3 days in DLP (I was looking at airbnbs when a friend and I were thinking about a trip this fall, and they were a lot cheaper than I was expecting), then 10 days exploring the rest of the country. Is there anything new coming to DLP within the next year that I should be looking out for? New rides or refurbs?
They’ve begun the Marvel land at WDSP but I doubt anything will be ready next year unless the RnRC overhaul can be done in a year. Towers getting random profiles. Autopia is being rebuilt and reopens later this year.

Princess Leia

They’ve begun the Marvel land at WDSP but I doubt anything will be ready next year unless the RnRC overhaul can be done in a year. Towers getting random profiles. Autopia is being rebuilt and reopens later this year.
Marvel Paris is just the weak Spider-Man ride and the Iron Man coaster, right? Sorry for the negativity, but the Spider-Man ride at Universal just sounds leagues better than what Disney is coming up with.

I'm mostly excited about seeing Thunder Mesa, their Pirates attraction, and Ratatouille; I'm also looking forward to your trip videos.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Marvel Paris is just the weak Spider-Man ride and the Iron Man coaster, right? Sorry for the negativity, but the Spider-Man ride at Universal just sounds leagues better than what Disney is coming up with.

I'm mostly excited about seeing Thunder Mesa, their Pirates attraction, and Ratatouille; I'm also looking forward to your trip videos.
Yes, that’s Marvel.

If you’ve never been you’ll need at least 3 days :)

Mike S

Sounds? You’ve never been on it?!?!?! :eek:

It opened 20 years ago and is still one of their very best rides.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom