News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
For the record, I didn't think the food was bad at DLP at all, just expensive for what you got.

I dare say some who hate Rat haven’t even been to France. But they have had French toast if that counts.

You mean actually going to DLP and riding Rat there is a better way measure the ride and ride experience than simply browsing forums and watching a few videos online and forming an opinion based off of that? I agree. ;)

DLP hotels do seem to be priced cheaper, as long as you don't try to book 3 months before the half marathon there... :banghead::D And tickets are definitely cheaper. We even considered buying an AP but ultimately decided not to. Sequoia seems nicer than Newport Bay, which I would classify as a Deluxe-price for a Moderate room in WDW/US terms. But you can't beat the location of the hotels on the lake.

Sir_Cliff

Currently the offers are pretty amazing. I’m looking at less than $200 a night in your money per person for a moderate room, 4 day hoppers, flights, transfers and half board meal plan.
Thanks for the tip! I am in the vague stages of planning a few days there later this year, so might have to see what's on offer and nail down my friend who's coming over from Australia on dates.

For what it's worth, I quite like the hotels there, too, with Sequoia as my personal favourite. Also never found the sit down meals to be bad, other than at the Blue Lagoon (admittedly years ago now).

ToTBellHop

Thanks for the tip! I am in the vague stages of planning a few days there later this year, so might have to see what's on offer and nail down my friend who's coming over from Australia on dates.

For what it's worth, I quite like the hotels there, too, with Sequoia as my personal favourite. Also never found the sit down meals to be bad, other than at the Blue Lagoon (admittedly years ago now).
From what I am hearing, I’m happy we booked Sequoia! We just like that it looks like Wilderness Lodge. Disneyland Hotel and Newport cost more and I have no idea what New York will cost once it’s been Marveled.

cjkeating

From what I am hearing, I’m happy we booked Sequoia! We just like that it looks like Wilderness Lodge. Disneyland Hotel and Newport cost more and I have no idea what New York will cost once it’s been Marveled.

I imagine it will come at a slight premium to Newport like how Cheyenne has a slight premium over Santa Fe despite being in the same category. Before the closure it was priced inline with Newport which was brought up to Deluxe level/HNY pricing after its refurb.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I imagine it will come at a slight premium to Newport like how Cheyenne has a slight premium over Santa Fe despite being in the same category. Before the closure it was priced inline with Newport which was brought up to Deluxe level/HNY pricing after its refurb.
We liked Newport but find the premium too much now. Two times at it and Sequoia and the latter is still a very nice resort and a favourite. New York was a bit too sterile for me.

Sir_Cliff

Last time I stayed at Newport and it was nice, particular as it was all bright and shiny from its recent rehab. Personally, though, I much prefer the woodsy feel of the Sequoia and the Frank Lloyd Wright-inspired architecture is some of my favourite from any Disney hotel. I think I would even choose Sequoia again over a first time stay at the new Marvel-themed Hotel New York. The old New York was nicer on the inside than the exterior would suggest, but still had a bit too much of a 1990s postmodern corporate architecture vibe for me. Disneyland Hotel is a nice place to grab a quiet drink after a day in the parks, but unless you get a good deal the prices to stay there just seem to high to be worth it to me.

MaximumEd

Continuing the DLP discussion, I priced five days late next spring for me and the family. Wow. We could go for considerably cheaper than WDW with the deals they have going......if not for that pesky airfare. Round trip from ATL for the three of us would be almost triple the cost of the vacation. Oh well. One day.

ToTBellHop

Continuing the DLP discussion, I priced five days late next spring for me and the family. Wow. We could go for considerably cheaper than WDW with the deals they have going......if not for that pesky airfare. Round trip from ATL for the three of us would be almost triple the cost of the vacation. Oh well. One day.
It helps if you're able to book flights FAR in advance. Like just under a year-out.

Animaniac93-98

NY reminded me of an older Las Vegas hotel.

Are the Santa Fe and Cheyenne still scary?

I stayed at Cheyenne after the room renovation. It's nicer than you think, but often Sequoia is only a little bit more so it's still the better option when you consider the location and amenities (indoor pool, gym etc).

Missing20K

Off-topic: I find it unfortunate that seemingly good, decent people are questioning their want for children because of how much traveling with them can cost. Children are incredible for those that want them, and I would hate for anyone who wants children decide against it because of the associated costs.

On-topic: Rat is a solid D for my taste, I noticed the screen and floor seams but they didn't detract much from the experience, as you are whisked in and out of scenes pretty quickly.

And judging by those deals for DLP, perhaps my two daughter's first Disney experience will be a foreign one!

britain

Eh... lower your expectations. It's claims to be the "national park lodge" of DLPR, yes, but it's really piece of minimalistic architecture with a woodsy color palette and a few rustic touches here and there.

It was clean and a decent place to stay, but do NOT expect a grand lobby evoking 1902 Yellowstone. It's a hotel from 1992 with pine cone carpet.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Eh... lower your expectations. It's claims to be the "national park lodge" of DLPR, yes, but it's really piece of minimalistic architecture with a woodsy color palette and a few rustic touches here and there.

It was clean and a decent place to stay, but do NOT expect a grand lobby evoking 1902 Yellowstone. It's a hotel from 1992 with pine cone carpet.
It’s a very nice lobby. I don’t believe anywhere said it’s grand. Or did you expect an atrium?
F74DF424-50EF-4355-842D-A7D5B86103B6.jpeg

We’ve our third stay coming at this resort next year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom