News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

TJJohn12

You must’ve been at the Vegas one. Any seine person knows there is no rivière à Paris.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Well over a billion.........................but we are including extensive infrastructure upgrades in there. I'm sure you'll agree the wifi coverage is OUTSTANDING and NEVER-SPOTTY--especially in the $700/night hotel rooms and while waiting for the moving-target arrival of your bus. Kids have to pee but there's NO TIME for that because the bus will be here in 2 minutes at 10:24! Oh wait 10:25. Sorry 10:27. 10:35. Actually 10:33. 10:38.

Morgan Freeman: But the bus would not show up at 10:38. The bus would not show up at all. A different bus would show up at 10:43. And Timmy would pee his pants.
Schroedinger's Bus. If you let the kid go pee, the bus would have arrived. Since you didn't, it didn't.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
All this talk of the organization of the new themed area leading up to and around the Ratatouille attraction got me thinking about when in history the original France pavilion is set and when the Ratatouille area is set.

I mean, I'm aware that even modern Paris is filled with period architecture, but is the main pavilion Second Empire vs the expansion representing another period because the attraction is set in the timeframe of the movie, which is speculatively somewhere between the 1960s and the early 00s?

This could explain the discordant architecture of the crêperie.

I will defer to our resident architectural and Epcot historical experts.
Please don't start that again!

lazyboy97o

Alright you got me there. I should’ve stuck with my original point of it is MORE immersive when you do not see the lake rather than the lake ruins the immersion entirely.
Immersion is more than just not seeing some things. You keep going on about not seeing World Showcase Lagoon as though the bathroom, Skyliner and Crescent Lake is some great addition that really adds to being a distinct place. The biggest building in the space is the back wall of the theater, something you will only be able to look at.

Movielover

Let the kid use the bathroom and then use the app to time the next bus while you wait in an air conditioned room.

But if a bus leaves POP's station at 9:32 am going 12 MPH while another bus leaves MK at 9:34 am traveling at 15 MPH, while factoring in the average of 1.6 gallons of water required to be in every toilet in the U.S. divided by a * b with a being the total amount of battery life left in the phone using the app and b being the drop in bladder capacity. Solve for x.

Movielover

There is kind of a river running beside the pavilion.

That is not a river. That is the cleverly designed representation of the English Channel separating France from England. If you claim that's a river than it's breaking it's originally designed purpose which is destroying the immersion of the land. YOU'RE DESTROYING THE IMMERSION AND AT THE SAME TIME MY NOSTALGIA, HOW DARE YOU!!!!!!

giphy.gif

;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom