News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

BrianLo

What effect of MMRR opening in Spring have on this attraction’s opening date?

Probably none, I don't think Ratatouille is making Spring whereas one would hope MMRR is "early" spring.

Marketing are probably pretty happy internally with the roll out. Basically two E-tickets spread out in different quarters annually from 2019-2021. Plus all the other smaller stuff layered along the way.

It dilutes the 'wait for new thing to open' mentality. Just go and something new probably has opened. I mean that's the way one would hope WDW would always operate.

Movielover

MMRR opening in the same time frame as Rat will make the France attraction look pretty bland....

giphy.gif

You... uh... want to go into a little more detail there buddy?

Rodan75

Haha The fact that Rat will pale in comparison, is what I meant.

I think that is a decent concern, and one I have to believe the Imagineer and Marketing thoughts had to think of. Rat was always coming after MMRR and it has always seemed like an inferior concept on a similar ride base as MMRR.

I know we've heard no upgrades to Rat, but I wonder if the Epcot version will at least fix the weird edges issue, where it is apparent you are looking at a screen. I think that would go a long way to avoiding a Fast & Furious level reaction from fans.

Next Big Thing

I sort of expect Ratatouille to get pushed back to Summer/Fall at this point to put some space between itself and MMRR.

Plus, it gives people a reason to come back and for Disney to raise the prices twice if they do it that way. Hell, everything else is being delayed, why not this.

gorillaball

I think Rat will be fine as long as it isn’t marketed as a huge addition. It’s not the greatest thing since sliced bread, but I imagine it will be received better than Mermaid, Mine Train, or Navi River Journey.

Mine Train has been open 5 years and still has hour long waits from rope drop to park close and you don’t think it was well received? Bring on those poorly received rides!

JBIRDTO

Photo update as of Thursday, April 25, 2019.

View attachment 367436

And a close up:

View attachment 367438
It looks like the background skyline of distant buildings is going to be a painted flat similar to the mountains at universal Kong Ride. I am not sure I like this approach nor confident how realistic it will look especially when it begins to fade in the sun. Time will tell. The buildings and facades in the foreground look to be coming along nicely and in keeping with the original France pavilion facades.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom