News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

cheezbat

Rode Crush this summer; the surprise of the trip. We absolutely loved it. I will say, if you have the choice, sit facing front. Son and I were facing backward the first time through and the "show" part was kind of missed on us. It was there, but not as much as wife and daughter facing the other way.
Really? I found some of the stuff you see only going backwards to be pretty cool. I find the ride to be one you NEED to experience both directions. So much fun!

And I agree...I think Crush is probably just as good if not better than Rat. If only WDW would find a way to sneak this ride in DAK or something...so much fun!

Figment2005

I really hope they are doing more than just Go Away Green... that really stands out right now contrasted against the colors of Morocoo
If they plant a tree line between the building and Morocco then the color won't have near as big of an impact. Difficult to judge what something will look like with foliage when the foliage is missing.

lazyboy97o

@marni1971, any chance we're gonna see some Moroccan theming on the relevant sides of the building.
Those are prefinished metal panels. They’re hardly ideal for attaching anything to and will feature sizable exterior egress staircases, including one with rooftop access. Any “theming” would have to be sizable, rated exit stair enclosures built as after-the-fact expansions.

The Empress Lilly

Eye sores no matter where you look in World Showcase. So looking forward to seeing what comes next!
The new Swolphin tower?

Although perhaps not as visible from within WS, it follows the same current formula of both WS and FW of just plonking down big ugly cubes next to carefully designed environments. And looks set to greatly lessen the Swolphin area, that intrusive and misplaced but gorgeous architectural ensemble.

Never before has WDW had people in power with such poor understanding or respect for design, sightlines, immersion or beauty.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Stopped to take a photo of the gondola at Epcot and was amazed to see how this area has been cleared. You can really see the Ratatouille ride building as you approach the International Gateway. People have been wondering why so much has been cleared away in terms of trees. Some think it is related to the gondola system. I am wondering if it is so that you can see into the expanded pavilion.
Late with an answer, but the foliage has been cut down on both sides of the floral display for the Gondolas, yes. But only on one side. The other side was cut to symmetrically match. Both sides will be replanted with something that won’t grow as tall and impede the ride envelope and will also match each other.

RSoxNo1

Last I heard was the intention to attempt to minimise the buildings visibility, not to draw attention to it.
Those are prefinished metal panels. They’re hardly ideal for attaching anything to and will feature sizable exterior egress staircases, including one with rooftop access. Any “theming” would have to be sizable, rated exit stair enclosures built as after-the-fact expansions.
Not sure what you mean lazyboy. Do you mean the green siding on Ratatouille is a prefinished metal panel that's difficult to attach anything?

How tall is this building? Can it be hidden with trees without ruining the scale of Morocco?

lazyboy97o

Not sure what you mean lazyboy. Do you mean the green siding on Ratatouille is a prefinished metal panel that's difficult to attach anything?

How tall is this building? Can it be hidden with trees without ruining the scale of Morocco?
Yes, the green walls are insulated metal panels. They’re two pieces of metal sandwiching insulation and are intended as a complete exterior wall assembly. You don’t add anything like stucco or siding to the exterior, the metal panel is the finished exterior. There is not much to the panel to attach to so it can’t really support the weight of adding a lot of theming, not to mention other issues like waterproofing.

If you look at the building in Paris you can see some sizable exterior stairs on these walls. The door openings for these same stairs can be seen in the construction photos. Adding “theming” would mean not just attaching to the green walls, but adding a building to enclose the stairs and theme those as well.

I want to say the walls are in the 18 meter (60 feet) range.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom