News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

TiggerDad

And post construction pictures of it every so often... just in case one doesn't know what a cleared lot or a building frame looks like at various stages. Sorry, I just don't get all the construction update pics(for any attraction)
I happen to appreciate the construction pictures on the various threads because I don't live near Disney and don't get there very often, so I can't see for myself. I also find them more interesting than endless debates about off-topic issues.

Kman101

I happen to appreciate the construction pictures on the various threads because I don't live near Disney and don't get there very often, so I can't see for myself. I also find them more interesting than endless debates about off-topic issues.

Isn't that the point of these threads? To see construction updates and talk about them all? How often can we beat the same drums of "it doesn't fit" "we can see the building THE HORROR", wash/rinse/repeat.

I love seeing the construction photos. Sure, sometimes in a blog post I get a bit tired scanning through what looks like pictures of the same exact thing for pages on end, but I like seeing the updates.

raymusiccity

Isn't that the point of these threads? To see construction updates and talk about them all? How often can we beat the same drums of "it doesn't fit" "we can see the building THE HORROR", wash/rinse/repeat.

I love seeing the construction photos. Sure, sometimes in a blog post I get a bit tired scanning through what looks like pictures of the same exact thing for pages on end, but I like seeing the updates.

Speaking of sightlines, I sure hope Frozen is visible from Guardians! :rolleyes:

Kman101

I think what's also interesting is that some sightlines are ok but others are just a big horror and a no-no. I mean is it really THAT bad seeing different things? I'd love things to be really well hidden but I don't find most things to be the 'end of the world' so to speak. I know it goes to people expecting the absolute best, but we also sometimes rush to judgement before something is finished ...

EDIT: The only sightline grip I have is the Soarin' building. And even then I don't always notice it. But someone's usually got a massively zoomed in picture readily available ;)

Last edited:

Timothy_Q

I think what's also interesting is that some sightlines are ok but others are just a big horror and a no-no. I mean is it really THAT bad seeing different things? I'd love things to be really well hidden but I don't find most things to be the 'end of the world' so to speak. I know it goes to people expecting the absolute best, but we also sometimes rush to judgement before something is finished ...
The main difference is visual intrusions from fully themed elements from other lands (Space Mountain, ToT, etc) and visual intrusions from unthemed buildings (Soarin, GotG?, etc)

ToTBellHop

And post construction pictures of it every so often... just in case one doesn't know what a cleared lot or a building frame looks like at various stages. Sorry, I just don't get all the construction update pics(for any attraction)
Then perhaps you have no need for a site like this. There are plenty of sugar-coated sites out there that only show projects that are finished and the TOP TEN THINGS YOU MUST EAT AT HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS (how did they find 10 edible things?) and HOW TO DO DISNEY ON A DIME!

Rteetz

From Bioreconstruct

A001DF63-8728-4649-929F-76AD0A6FEC36.jpeg

Bocabear

I am surprised when they built this they did not use the concrete pre-formed panel system they used in France... Down here in Hurricane Land, they are using that sytem on schools and lots of other buildings to make them hurricane proof ( as much as it can be)...

The Empress Lilly

I just wish they hadn't made it so awkwardly tall. And I feel like they robbed the building to the left of the central facade of any character it had by changing the style of the building (especially the windows) and painting it that awful two-tone color scheme.
From memory, before everything to the right (right of the waterfall) and below the stone castle was built of stone. Everything to the left of the waterfall was of wood.

So you had two different styles. Two different cities. More unity than now.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I am surprised when they built this they did not use the concrete pre-formed panel system they used in France... Down here in Hurricane Land, they are using that sytem on schools and lots of other buildings to make them hurricane proof ( as much as it can be)...
If I recall concrete structures are the norm (and the law) in France / Paris / Marne le Valle. Virtually all main buildings in DLP are concrete sub structures. Hotels, rides, everything, unless they had to be steel. I don’t know if this would be more expensive for the steel loving US.

Bocabear

If I recall concrete structures are the norm (and the law) in France / Paris / Marne le Valle. Virtually all main buildings in DLP are concrete sub structures. Hotels, rides, everything, unless they had to be steel. I don’t know if this would be more expensive for the steel loving US.
I feel sure the slab construction is more expensive, though structurally a lot stronger... Like I said, down here in South Florida it is becoming more and more popular because it is so strong and hurricane proof... It also goes up very quickly.

Movielover

I feel sure the slab construction is more expensive, though structurally a lot stronger... Like I said, down here in South Florida it is becoming more and more popular because it is so strong and hurricane proof... It also goes up very quickly.

It's why the Paris tower was more expensive and took longer to construct than it's DCA clone, The Paris tower is mostly concrete.

lazyboy97o

The same wind load requirements must be met regardless of the structural material used. The steel structure is just as strong.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom