News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

SirLink

Why does everyone act like Universal is some model of perfection and the leader? They are a distant second and even with the somewhat disappointing D23, Disney has absolutely widened the gap and will be an even clearer leader in 2021 when all this is done.

Imagine what Disney has done from an attendance perspective, particularly at WDW, with literally almost no projects since the Iger era began. Attendance numbers are massive and don't start talking about growth rates, because those are easy with a smaller denominator.

Universal has built some decent attractions and made up some ground, but Disney is now serious about investing at WDW and will show their dominance even clearer in the coming years. Disney content, characters, and overall feel is just so much better.

Disney > Universal, and it really isn't close.

Factual reasons speed of construction projects ... and better customer service.

The rest is all your opinion especially your last sentence.

Chef Mickey

Factual reasons speed of construction projects ... and better customer service.

The rest is all your opinion especially your last sentence.
The attendance destruction from Disney is not an opinion.

"Better" customer service is largely an opinion. Most of it is anecdotal and circumstantial. I personally think Disney customer service is some of the best in the world, particularly given the amount of service the number of people in which they provide that service.

Speed of construction? Meh, I'd argue Universal has to be faster because they are so far behind. Speed to market isn't the goal. Just ask Samsung.

SirLink

The attendance destruction from Disney is not an opinion.

"Better" customer service is largely an opinion. Most of it is anecdotal and circumstantial. I personally think Disney customer service is some of the best in the world, particularly given the amount of service the number of people in which they provide that service.

Speed of construction? Meh, I'd argue Universal has to be faster because they are so far behind. Speed to market isn't the goal. Just ask Samsung.

Customer service is measured - that is why you get industry awards around it.

Speed of construction is important. Speed to market is the goal ... Capex spreading is the real key? One likes it done fast where possible and one like to spread capex no matter what.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Another patented, deliberately vague but surprisingly accurate iPad doodle. Copyright me.

IMG_7759.JPG

Minthorne

France is getting some super major love. It not only will take up one and a half pads with a ride and movie and multiple food and merch shops and M&Gs, but the International Gateway now, and soon, the gondola station, will be French-themed. This expands France's reach across the water even. France will be second in size only to the American Pavilion.

I wonder if this is a synergistic show of love for the parks in real-Paris?

It is a long handshake!

njDizFan

Another patented, deliberately vague but surprisingly accurate iPad doodle. Copyright me.

View attachment 216033
Thanks Martin. I though that show building would be on a slight angle from the current pavilion to allow for the roundness of the showcase and to square up the resulting space.

But wasn't there hints of some kind of stage show or something where the current trees are on the showcase side of the building?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Thanks Martin. I though that show building would be on a slight angle from the current pavilion to allow for the roundness of the showcase and to square up the resulting space.

But wasn't there hints of some kind of stage show or something where the current trees are on the showcase side of the building?
There is the potential for something on the promenade area but nothing has been decided upon from what I know.

JohnD

2020? Wow 3 years weren't they actively looking for new build projects they could build quickly? Cause this isn't quick.

We're not talking one Disney project. It's not like this is FOA in an abstract year. For the next several years, we have:
  • Rat
  • GOTG replacing Energy
  • New M:S restaurant
  • Tron
  • Mickey Ride replacing GMR
  • SW Land
  • TS Land
  • Gondolas
  • Riveria Resort
  • High rise in COR
I'm sure I left out something or several.

JohnD

Just read about this not replacing Impressions de France. I can actually get on board with this!

I agree to a point. I think the overall movie should be preserved. But there should be re-shoots wherever there are people or skylines have drastically changed. That wedding is woefully stuck in the 80s. And @marni1971 mentioned that the Paris skyline is different. Swap those scenes in. Keep the wonderful score and overall movie the same except for those updates.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom