News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

jt04

Thanks for clarifying the positioning of things.

You know what this means? That new Rat concept art is essentially showing the view from the Skyliner (a little too high, but still no ugly back of France pavilion to be seen)!

Yes, it makes more sense now. Excellent solution.

Club34

What Disney project hasn't taken 3 years to build? It's pretty much standard now. Anything they want open for the 50th pretty much has to break ground this year or early 2018.

this is the line people should remember for the next few years. i predicted this D23 would have the big stuff to expect for the 50th. there could be some smaller stuff that does not require full on construction, such as refurbs or re-theming, but this is probably about it. now, i've seen sites that are still mentioning that the expo presentation said that this is just the start for epcot getting love. epcot's 40th is 2022, so they have another year or 2 to drop those announcements. so perhaps next year we could get a new country or 2 announced. i'm thinking some sort of illuminations refresh as well. perhaps another ride or 2 in the existing countries. AND i will make a gentlemen's bet of $1 that the 3 caballeros will be rethemed to coco [especially if it does well out of the gate].

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The eiffel tower looks to be the same height of the building. won't that ruin the perspective effect.

From the backside courtyard, the perspective of the close, tall building will make the Eiffel Tower, which is supposed to be in the distance, seem very tall.

From the lagoon, trees will block your view of the Rat building.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
this is the line people should remember for the next few years. i predicted this D23 would have the big stuff to expect for the 50th. there could be some smaller stuff that does not require full on construction, such as refurbs or re-theming, but this is probably about it. now, i've seen sites that are still mentioning that the expo presentation said that this is just the start for epcot getting love. epcot's 40th is 2022, so they have another year or 2 to drop those announcements. so perhaps next year we could get a new country or 2 announced. i'm thinking some sort of illuminations refresh as well. perhaps another ride or 2 in the existing countries. AND i will make a gentlemen's bet of $1 that the 3 caballeros will be rethemed to coco [especially if it does well out of the gate].
Insiders here are saying the EPCOT plan is multi-year and that there is more potentially coming than what was announced but if there are new rides/pavilions in those plans I doubt they will be open for WDWs 50th.

clemmo

Insiders here are saying the EPCOT plan is multi-year and that there is more potentially coming than what was announced but if there are new rides/pavilions in those plans I doubt they will be open for WDWs 50th.
From the sounds of it epcot will go on beyond the 50th towards 2022-2023. But it is rumored that Brazil, U.K. Atttaction, and coco come by the 50th. For the 50th I'd also expect more MK announcements esp TL. So in short looking at the rumors that went unannounced their should be more announcements coming for the 50.th.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
From the sounds of it epcot will go on beyond the 50th towards 2022-2023. But it is rumored that Brazil, U.K. Atttaction, and coco come by the 50th. For the 50th I'd also expect more MK announcements esp TL. So in short looking at the rumors that went unannounced their should be more announcements coming for the 50.th.
Coco should take less than 3 years. Not sure about the scope of the U.K. Attraction. If Brazil happens in time for the 50th they need to break ground in the next 6 months even if there isn't a ride included with the pavilion.

clemmo

Coco should take less than 3 years. Not sure about the scope of the U.K. Attraction. If Brazil happens in time for the 50th they need to break ground in the next 6 months even if there isn't a ride included with the pavilion.
I agree that it would have to start asap but @marni1971 has said 2021. Maybe a non D23 announcement? Or they start construction and don't announce it until later.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I agree that it would have to start asap but @marni1971 has said 2021. Maybe a non D23 announcement? Or they start construction and don't announce it until later.
It sounded like it was possibly going to be in the D23 announcements but was maybe pulled for some unknown reason. I don't doubt Martin or the other insiders who know a whole lot more than I do. I just know the speed these projects tend to move at and a whole pavilion seems like a 3+ year construction project.

doctornick

Awesome, Epcot is in dire need of attractions. Each WS Pavillion needs a ride in my opinion.

I am of the opinion that each pavilion needs a major attraction -- i.e. something beyond food/merch/streetmosphere. So, I'm cool with Canada, China and America as is (and France, actually, but the ride is a good addition). If UK gets a ride, check that off. That leaves Germany, Italy, Japan and Morocco (and maybe Brazil?) needing stuff. The train garden* for Germany is kinda iffy, but I'd take it if the others all got stuff. I'd even be fine with at least a high quality walk through -- Italy was proposed to get a Roman Ruins one at one point -- as long as it is something that's a legit "attraction".

But it's ridiculous that basically half the pavilions don't have even a ride or a show at this point, after all these years.

*=Germany might be losing the train garden as is, if Brazil takes over that space as is rumored.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom