News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

Bocabear

I feel certain they will theme this like they did at Disney Studios Paris... Mansard roof, lots of windows and architectural details... It will look charming and a part of the Parisian feel of the pavilion (and World Gateway).
disney-studio-paris-ratatouille-france-65052407.jpg

tirian

I'm not sure that calling ip-filled parks akin to the Magic Kingdom is really fair to the Magic Kingdom's original vision. There has been (and still is) a lot of original stuff, historical stuff, and progressive stuff in that park. No, what Disney is transforming all their parks into is Universal Studios.

Hardly. But we'll agree to disagree.

Guys, I think it’s a bit of both, and it’s bad either way.

SuperStretccch

I still think this IP is better than the GOTG IP coming to Future World.

Agreed. As much as I love original stories and ideas, my stance is that IP is not a terrible thing as long as it fits well into the theme and environment of its land. Ratatouille in France is definitely one of the better IP fits, and as a bonus, it's actually adding capacity to World Showcase and not replacing something else in the process, which is important for a park that desperately needs it.

rle4lunch

And the IP argument rolls on.... just an fyi, whenever I see a post about IP saturation I instinctively eyeroll and scroll away fast. IP is just a buzz phrase that has been sensationalized and overused in order to describe someones original idea that was turned into an profitable idea and then made the jump to a mass marketable idea. We can lament all we want about the make believe horrors (egads, that big cube is ruining my sightline of the thunderclouds rolling into the park!) that we are facing because Disney is using their marketable ideas as marketable attractions, but at the end of the day, we'll still visit, and most likely, we'll still have fun. Sure, they'll be some subpar attractions come out of it all, but guess what, you don't have to visit it again, and maybe, just maybe, if enough people don't revisit the attraction, it will get overhauled into something better or replaced altogether.

The whole notion that we're aghast with angst and feel like Disney doesn't care about us, the consumer, anymore, is just plain dumb.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
No name website says that a build your own crepe location will open in the france expansion as early as the end of this year before ratatouille is completed

I dunno... I feel like the only business such a place would get would be from people trying to get a better view of the new ride construction. I mean, just doesn't seem like something people would go so far off the beaten path to get to.

WDW Monorail

I dunno... I feel like the only business such a place would get would be from people trying to get a better view of the new ride construction. I mean, just doesn't seem like something people would go so far off the beaten path to get to.

Exactly. Same reason why the bakery way up the hill in the back of the pavilion is so unpopular.

castlecake2.0

So, correct me if I'm wrong. "Rumor has it that it will take over an existing space, not actually a new build behind the current France pavilion".

I can’t remeber what the backstage area looks like back there but the only way I can picture this is if they put it on the back of the current bakery?

Disney Lover Addie

Instead of building attractions like GOTG in Future World, they should start making more IPs attractions that make sense in that area. Like a Coco Ride in the Mexico Pavilion, and a Mary Poppins one in the England pavilion.

And of course the amazing thing that is the Ratatouille Ride!

brb1006

Instead of building attractions like GOTG in Future World, they should start making more IPs attractions that make sense in that area. Like a Coco Ride in the Mexico Pavilion, and a Mary Poppins one in the England pavilion.

Actually the Coco ride rumor at the Mexico Pavilion and Mary Poppins ride rumor has been discussed for a while now.

https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/pixars-coco-coming-to-the-mexico-pavilion.915680/

https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/proposed-mary-poppins-attraction-in-uk-pavilion.925031/

Disney Lover Addie

TiggerDad

Actually the Ratatouille rise isn't that amazing. Cute, screeny, but not worth riding over and over.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom