News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

dreday3

With today's official announcement regarding 'Genie', I see my chance to experience this Attraction won't be happening when I visit for the 50th Anniversary in about six weeks.
I was willing to do standby if the wait wasn't two hours....but now I see that a standby line will not even be a option.

Yeah....

😑

-

I don't know...from everyone's guessing it seems like the consensus is that the new Genie system won't start until late October/early November - you may still have a shot!

I'm hoping standby is an option if there's no Genie by the time we go - I'm afraid I'm going to lose the boarding pass game because that's just the kind of luck I have! :D

I'd be fine just rope-dropping it the old-fashioned way if we can.

dreday3

Walls down in the France Pavilion as Cast Member previews begin at EPCOT'S Remy's Ratatouille Adventure​

I'm excited for this entire addition.

Based on my love of dark rides, I'm thinking I will enjoy Rat. I think it will be gorgeous around there at night.
And heck, I like crepes too!

DonaldDoleWhip

I guess I'm one of the 'lucky' ones who's already experienced Ratatouille in Paris (didn't like it that much), but it shouldn't be this hard to get on the ride in October.

Following similar experiences in both Rise and MMRR, it's easily the most underwhelming of the three. It doesn't warrant this exclusivity, and there's no justification for park hopping guests to be blocked out unless they pay an upcharge.

lazyboy97o

I guess I'm one of the 'lucky' ones who's already experienced Ratatouille in Paris (didn't like it that much), but it shouldn't be this hard to get on the ride in October.

Following similar experiences in both Rise and MMRR, it's easily the most underwhelming of the three. It doesn't warrant this exclusivity, and there's no justification for park hopping guests to be blocked out unless they pay an upcharge.
My every present cynical side has me thinking the virtual queue is merely there to create the look that this isn’t a copy of a poor imitation of a 20 year old ride up the road and help sell Lightning Lane Select Experience passes.

doctornick

I don’t think virtual queue will last long on this attraction. MMRR hasn’t needed it and it’s in a much more prominent spot. Especially with Epcot opening later, not too many people will want to head there first.
Yeah, I think it will last like the virtual queue to “get into” Galaxy’s edge. The capacity for the ride is so high and I’m skeptical that demand is going to be overwhelming and after a short while the virtual queue will take hours to fill - or not fill - and it will seem pointless to use.

Quite frankly I think FAE will end up being the Lightning Lane selection along with TT before long

Missing20K

The ride is a solid C/C+ and would be a greater filler attraction. I thought the exterior spaces were very well-executed.

I wonder how long it will last once people start seeing Rat for what it is and not what DIS wants people to believe it is. I’d personally never pay a cent over the park admission fee, but that’s just me.

jeanericuser001

For all those mad about the prices now, I can remember back in the 80s when you could get a seasonal pass for $100. I even still have that pass in my collection and honestly this price increase across the board is no surprise. They introduced the fast pass system to boost attendance and get people hooked on a system. Now they are gonna start reeling people in and people will continuously swallow the hook thus disney will continue to reel in the dough one fish at a time. They will do it until it literally strangles the system for everyone else. If you need proof check out wet n wild before it closed down. They had people waiting 30 to 50 minutes at the bottom just to go up while express pass went up immediately and often repeatedly thus further increasing wait times. As for VQ, its not completely random sadly. It all depends on the quality of your data connection. You got hundreds if not thousands of people all connecting to the same place to get a spot your odds are higher if you can connect faster than most. Those who can pay for that better quality connection are more likely to get a spot than someone who can barely get 2 bars in the park.

Figments Friend

You ll probably still be able to experience it using VQ
I'm not able to get into any 'virtual queues' as I don't have a digital toy to do so with.
No smart phone, and the WDW app does not work on my tablet.
So I am, as they say, 'SOL'.

I have been to DHS a few times now, and have yet to experience 'Rise of The Resistance' because of this.
Guests like me who don't have /own a device, or choose not to carry one to the Park are shut out if a Attraction is 'virtual queue' only.

-

Magic Feather

Per a friend that attended today, the only differences between US and Paris are in the queue (as expected). Indoor queue was slightly longer and featured an extra scene
An Artist’s loft with an animated painting featuring boarding instructions.

English/French split is exact same as Paris (as we expected I believe).

castlecake2.0

I'm not able to get into any 'virtual queues' as I don't have a digital toy to do so with.
No smart phone, and the WDW app does not work on my tablet.
So I am, as they say, 'SOL'.

I have been to DHS a few times now, and have yet to experience 'Rise of The Resistance' because of this.
Guests like me who don't have /own a device, or choose not to carry one to the Park are shut out if a Attraction is 'virtual queue' only.

-
You’re not shut out, the Guest Experience team is available to assist Guests that do not have a smart phone join virtual queues.

Last edited:

Bocabear

How would that work for Rise? If the queue is full at 7 sec after 7am, how would the Smartphone-less get in the queue?
they can't...at all.
And I find now I am spending more and more time on my phone while in the parks instead of enjoying the parks... Have to make reservations for everything but the bathroom (currently)... They are getting to the point where the aggressive planning is harming the fun part of being there and on vacation...

TikibirdLand

they can't...at all.
And I find now I am spending more and more time on my phone while in the parks instead of enjoying the parks... Have to make reservations for everything but the bathroom (currently)... They are getting to the point where the aggressive planning is harming the fun part of being there and on vacation...
I wonder if you could get to the park at 12:45pm and ask a cast member to get you a position on Rise? Reminds me of a lyric: I think it's time we stop Children, what's that sound? Everybody look what's going down...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom