• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

HauntedPirate

Sheltered-at-home Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Even when Disney takes all the tape off the ground, I’d imagine guests will keep spreading out at least a little more than they used to. That alone will have ripple effects across all the queues in the parks.

From what I’ve been told by people who have been there this year, people not social distancing in queues and just in general around the parks has become more of an issue.

MisterPenguin

Fully Pfizered!
Premium Member
I know this is said every time their is an investor call but are we expecting any movement on this tomorrow?
No. Disney's crystal balls don't actually work. They can't announce timelines for things that are going to happen when the crisis is over because they don't know for sure when the crisis will be over.

The purpose of the meeting is corporate business, not to be a general address to their customers.

Surferboy567

No. Disney's crystal balls don't actually work. They can't announce timelines for things that are going to happen when the crisis is over because they don't know for sure when the crisis will be over.

The purpose of the meeting is corporate business, not to be a general address to their customers.
I assumed this, in listening to these meetings I have actually become more and more interested in the corporate side of the meetings and am surprised when anything news worthy comes up.

djkidkaz

Disney is always going to play the waiting game with stuff like this to cover their butts. They will let universal relax mask standards and physical distancing for about a month or two and then they will follow. This way if anyone says anything they can point to the fact that they actually waited longer than other theme parks.

JohnD

One good thing that happened the past year is more “personal space”. Who doesn’t like personal space! Unfortunately in the theme park world personal space doesn’t normally exist and sadly won’t much longer. Some may find it hard to go back to not having personal space, myself being one of them lol, but that’s life.

Whenever we return to no masks, I can go with keeping the wait here signs for maintaining queue distancing. Before the pandemic, I didn't like people invading my personal space anyway. An exception, for example, would be the portrait gallery in HM where it would return to its original purpose of gathering guests in a room where "you can't get out!" before the wall opens.

jinx8402

Masks need physical distant and vice versa to be effective.
I don't disagree that both in combination are the best approach. But, if you had the option of being 1 ft from someone with a mask or 3ft from someone with no mask, what would you choose? To me masks would prevent spread far more effectively than just distancing (especially since there will be momentary lapse of judgement).

Editing to add: my initial comment was in regards to the post by magic feather that masks may be gone before distancing. If distancing/masking is only for the pandemic response then I would feel better with masking over distancing IF one was gone before the other.

Last edited:

MansionButler84

I don't disagree that both in combination are the best approach. But, if you had the option of being 1 ft from someone with a mask or 3ft from someone with no mask, what would you choose? To me masks would prevent spread far more effectively than just distancing (especially since there will be momentary lapse of judgement).

Editing to add: my initial comment was in regards to the post by magic feather that masks may be gone before distancing. If distancing/masking is only for the pandemic response then I would feel better with masking over distancing IF one was gone before the other.
Yes, but masking is a harder sell if they are not required outside Disney. Telling someone to “stand here” is always reasonable in a theme park. Eventually people will just throw their masks out.

FeelsSoGoodToBeBad

If anyone thinks people have gotten better about respecting personal space, you may want to avoid the video floating about from a Bath and Body Works last weekend. I thought line-jumping at WDW was a hot button topic. 😉
I went to B&BW during one of their semi-annual sales a few years ago (maybe 3 years, now?). HOLY. CRAP.

Those stores are super-small to start with and they had a line roped off in the middle of the mall that stretched in front of several stores. The checkout line was from the back of the store (where the registers are) almost back out the entrance.

NEVER. AGAIN.

Giss Neric

If anyone thinks people have gotten better about respecting personal space, you may want to avoid the video floating about from a Bath and Body Works last weekend. I thought line-jumping at WDW was a hot button topic. 😉
Was the cause of the scuffle about line-jumping? I thought the cause was one of those anti-maskers.

Giss Neric

I went to B&BW during one of their semi-annual sales a few years ago (maybe 3 years, now?). HOLY. CRAP.

Those stores are super-small to start with and they had a line roped off in the middle of the mall that stretched in front of several stores. The checkout line was from the back of the store (where the registers are) almost back out the entrance.

NEVER. AGAIN.
Semi-annual sales are really popular events cause people don't wanna pay full price so they wait and go all out on those days. I personally do online shopping but since last year their website crashes a lot due to the volume of orders. Unless, of course you're not that into their candles and fragrances (I'm obsessed with it), might as well just go on a regular day and avoid sales.

FeelsSoGoodToBeBad

Semi-annual sales are really popular events cause people don't wanna pay full price so they wait and go all out on those days. I personally do online shopping but since last year their website crashes a lot due to the volume of orders. Unless, of course you're not that into their candles and fragrances (I'm obsessed with it), might as well just go on a regular day and avoid sales.
I have a friend that spoils me every Christmas with a box of Twilight Woods body wash and moisturizing cream. I LOVE that scent but no way am I dealing with those crowds to get it. LOL

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom