News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

djkidkaz

Disney is always going to play the waiting game with stuff like this to cover their butts. They will let universal relax mask standards and physical distancing for about a month or two and then they will follow. This way if anyone says anything they can point to the fact that they actually waited longer than other theme parks.

JohnD

One good thing that happened the past year is more “personal space”. Who doesn’t like personal space! Unfortunately in the theme park world personal space doesn’t normally exist and sadly won’t much longer. Some may find it hard to go back to not having personal space, myself being one of them lol, but that’s life.

Whenever we return to no masks, I can go with keeping the wait here signs for maintaining queue distancing. Before the pandemic, I didn't like people invading my personal space anyway. An exception, for example, would be the portrait gallery in HM where it would return to its original purpose of gathering guests in a room where "you can't get out!" before the wall opens.

jinx8402

Masks need physical distant and vice versa to be effective.
I don't disagree that both in combination are the best approach. But, if you had the option of being 1 ft from someone with a mask or 3ft from someone with no mask, what would you choose? To me masks would prevent spread far more effectively than just distancing (especially since there will be momentary lapse of judgement).

Editing to add: my initial comment was in regards to the post by magic feather that masks may be gone before distancing. If distancing/masking is only for the pandemic response then I would feel better with masking over distancing IF one was gone before the other.

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

I don't disagree that both in combination are the best approach. But, if you had the option of being 1 ft from someone with a mask or 3ft from someone with no mask, what would you choose? To me masks would prevent spread far more effectively than just distancing (especially since there will be momentary lapse of judgement).

Editing to add: my initial comment was in regards to the post by magic feather that masks may be gone before distancing. If distancing/masking is only for the pandemic response then I would feel better with masking over distancing IF one was gone before the other.
Yes, but masking is a harder sell if they are not required outside Disney. Telling someone to “stand here” is always reasonable in a theme park. Eventually people will just throw their masks out.

TeriofTerror

If anyone thinks people have gotten better about respecting personal space, you may want to avoid the video floating about from a Bath and Body Works last weekend. I thought line-jumping at WDW was a hot button topic. 😉

FeelsSoGoodToBeBad

If anyone thinks people have gotten better about respecting personal space, you may want to avoid the video floating about from a Bath and Body Works last weekend. I thought line-jumping at WDW was a hot button topic. 😉
I went to B&BW during one of their semi-annual sales a few years ago (maybe 3 years, now?). HOLY. CRAP.

Those stores are super-small to start with and they had a line roped off in the middle of the mall that stretched in front of several stores. The checkout line was from the back of the store (where the registers are) almost back out the entrance.

NEVER. AGAIN.

Giss Neric

Was the cause of the scuffle about line-jumping? I thought the cause was one of those anti-maskers.

Giss Neric

I went to B&BW during one of their semi-annual sales a few years ago (maybe 3 years, now?). HOLY. CRAP.

Those stores are super-small to start with and they had a line roped off in the middle of the mall that stretched in front of several stores. The checkout line was from the back of the store (where the registers are) almost back out the entrance.

NEVER. AGAIN.
Semi-annual sales are really popular events cause people don't wanna pay full price so they wait and go all out on those days. I personally do online shopping but since last year their website crashes a lot due to the volume of orders. Unless, of course you're not that into their candles and fragrances (I'm obsessed with it), might as well just go on a regular day and avoid sales.

FeelsSoGoodToBeBad

Semi-annual sales are really popular events cause people don't wanna pay full price so they wait and go all out on those days. I personally do online shopping but since last year their website crashes a lot due to the volume of orders. Unless, of course you're not that into their candles and fragrances (I'm obsessed with it), might as well just go on a regular day and avoid sales.
I have a friend that spoils me every Christmas with a box of Twilight Woods body wash and moisturizing cream. I LOVE that scent but no way am I dealing with those crowds to get it. LOL

Bocabear

Still waiting to open...

If Universal can open a very-noticeable, major roller coaster in June, surely Disney can open a D-ticket no one really cares about hidden in the back of their lowest-demand park by then.
I think the "Lowest Demand Park" is actually pretty untrue... EPCOT is massive, everything is large, walkways space etc... It takes a massive amount of people for EPCOT to feel the least bit crowded...
While I agree they do not have a new attraction right now so they are not driving the attendance records, as soon as they bring the two new attractions online they will be massively crowded again...
DHS fees so crowded because it is a much smaller park... And of course, at this particular moment they have the newest attractions...
I would say that people still love EPCOT...

ToTBellHop

I think the "Lowest Demand Park" is actually pretty untrue... EPCOT is massive, everything is large, walkways space etc... It takes a massive amount of people for EPCOT to feel the least bit crowded...
While I agree they do not have a new attraction right now so they are not driving the attendance records, as soon as they bring the two new attractions online they will be massively crowded again...
DHS fees so crowded because it is a much smaller park... And of course, at this particular moment they have the newest attractions...
I would say that people still love EPCOT...
Epcot is literally the lowest demand. It is the easiest park to find a park pass for. And its capacity at present is significantly reduced.

They didn’t decide to spend $1 billion on this park because it was doing well.

cgersic

Pre covid people in lines would be right up your back.
And even when WDW first reopened my wife got into a verbal conferation when she reqested some teens space out as they were literllay bumping into us. There was a language barrier and it was getting heated and I was worried about an altercation with my children there.
Just becuse we requested they stand on the marker on the ground.

We were at Animal Kingdom last night, and the people were bumping into us behind us in the line for FOP.

I would love the distance after masks are gone.
But i do look foward to the masks going away, they are brutal in the Florida Summer.
I travel solo, so when this happens to me, I let that party go by. I'm a total fan of the physical distancing!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom