News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

UNCgolf

It and the overflow queue structure are inspired by the old Les Halles market. Definitely a lot smaller than their inspiration.

Right, which is my point. That type of iron work canopy can be found in Paris (and London, and other European cities), but never on such a small scale, at least in my experience. They usually exist at marketplaces, train stations, etc. covering a large area. There would have been little reason to build one at that size, which is why it looks so strange (at least to me).

I'm sure someone will be able to pull examples of smaller ones on a similar scale somewhere, though.

Last edited:

Clamman73

Huh
5DB6DA34-1CD6-4C82-BBB7-29A15D75C44C.jpeg

raymusiccity

Right, which is my point. That type of iron work canopy can be found in Paris (and London, and other European cities), but never on such a small scale, at least in my experience. They usually exist at marketplaces, train stations, etc. covering a large area. There would have been little reason to build one at that size, which is why it looks so strange (at least to me).

I'm sure someone will be able to pull examples of smaller ones on a similar scale somewhere, though.
Exactly. "They usually exist at marketplaces, train stations, etc. covering a large area." This one exists covering a smaller area. 😅

UNCgolf

Exactly. "They usually exist at marketplaces, train stations, etc. covering a large area." This one exists covering a smaller area. 😅

Which is my whole point?

It's not the kind of the thing that scales down very well. It looks silly. Some things can be scaled down successfully; others can't.

Giss Neric

if it makes them happy and it doesn’t hurt anyone, where is the issue?
It's not a negative thing but during opening of Gideon's or Everglazed some waited and not be there right on opening day live streaming. This is just a walkway leading up to restrooms. Were they expecting softs, I don't think so.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Well, we’re now on year 7 of 7DMT and the hype hasn’t seemed to die... Hopefully it dies a little once Tron opens.
7DMT is located in a prime location inside Magic Kingdom's most popular land. Plus, it's a roller coaster. PLUS, it's a FAMILY roller coaster. Coasters will always attract lots of people no matter how old it gets (Unless its wooden).

Ratatouille is quite a trek to get to, unless you're entering the park in the back via skyline/walking. I'd be willing to bet that Rat will be about as popular as Frozen Ever After is today, in about a decade.

SplashJacket

What the heck! Are they really trying to compete opening this with Velocicoaster? That coaster still has a work to do but this ride and expansion area is ready.
Universal is still building Velocicoaster so it can open alongside increased park capacities.

The ultimate goal of new attractions is to increase attendance, and when you are limiting attendance, there is no real reason to open expensive attractions designed to draw people in.

Rat sitting ready is no different from Super Nintendo World in Osaka sitting ready. This isn't a situation of being Disney dumb.

You could argue that Disney's decision to delay Tron and Guardians by a significant margin is a mistake, but Universal has also delayed Epic Universe by ~2+ years despite Covid almost definitely being in the rear view mirror by the original opening year of 2023.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom