News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
What?? It should be in ENGLISH! This is the United States of AMERICA! Coming from the son of a Cuban immigrant. What a ridiculous decision. It is made for an American audience who speak in English. So silly. Culture this culture that blah blah blah just make the damn thing in English! Haha
I'll tell Mariachi Cobre they're fired.

Giss Neric

I am not sure if it was a wise decision to keep it bilingual. Kind of seems lazy. Sure, it’s great to be more “authentic” but the US is not the same audience as Paris. Personally, I don’t think it’s that big of a deal...but it really seems lazy.
The ride is self explanatory anyways. The Beauty and the Beast ride at Tokyo was 100% in Japanese and I still understood it and won't need a translator when I ride it personally. I do, however, agree with the US being a totally difference audience. I would imagine someone would go to guest services and complain that the ride is not all English and her kids can't understand it,

Mickeynerd17

The ride is self explanatory anyways. The Beauty and the Beast ride at Tokyo was 100% in Japanese and I still understood it and won't need a translator when I ride it personally. I do, however, agree with the US being a totally difference audience. I would imagine someone would go to guest services and complain that the ride is not all English and her kids can't understand it,
I can see the Karens going to guest services asking for a refund because one ride is not 100% in english for their precious kid 🤣🤣

jaxonp

exactly. Good story telling is just that... good. You don’t need English to understand what is being conveyed if it’s done well. I have literally been on every Disney attraction in the world, sans the new beast attraction at TDL and English or not, the rides are always great. Heck I love the Cantonese version of Jungle Cruise at HKDL and adore ToT at TDS. Language is just one form of communication! Figment invites you to open your minds people.

Surferboy567

exactly. Good story telling is just that... good. You don’t need English to understand what is being conveyed if it’s done well. I have literally been on every Disney attraction in the world, sans the new beast attraction at TDL and English or not, the rides are always great. Heck I love the Cantonese version of Jungle Cruise at HKDL and adore ToT at TDS. Language is just one form of communication! Figment invites you to open your minds people.
I personally don’t have a problem with it, and like many have said it’s nice to be exposed to new cultures. I just wonder how regular guests will react.

Side Note: Patton Oswald voices Remy for the attraction? It kinda sounds like him could be a very good double though.

Anyways I am excited to ride this attraction for the first time.

gerarar

Premium Member

this tiktok was filmed backstage Ratatouille by disney....
Just saying, when you click on the tiktok link you attached, it shows your TikTok account and real name. In order to remove that, edit the hyperlink and remove everything after and including “&share_link_id”.
Or just replace it with this link which I already removed it:

Also, Disney knows!! I’m pretty sure this is the first official video filmed within the ride so far.
0F9AC235-824D-4F24-99F0-847DD2C60FF7.jpeg

WEDway Inc & Company LLC

Just saying, when you click on the tiktok link you attached, it shows your TikTok account and real name. In order to remove that, edit the hyperlink and remove everything after and including “&share_link_id”.

Also, Disney knows!! I’m pretty sure this is the first official video filmed within the ride so far.
View attachment 514473
Thanks for letting me know, lol. I only have tiktok for the watch, and I think this is the first time Disney has ever actually shared something significant on TikTok

NelsonRD

View attachment 514473

That has to be the dumbest thing I ever saw. Is this what Tic Tok is? I am glad I don't even know.

gerarar

Premium Member
Thanks for letting me know, lol. I only have tiktok for the watch, and I think this is the first time Disney has ever actually shared something significant on TikTok
For sure! I was very excited when I found out that Disney Parks created a TikTok account a couple weeks ago. They have done other neat stuff like showing the overnight transition of the parks from Halloween to Christmas. Hopefully they keep it up and give us an inside look at Tron or maybe Gaurdians! ;)

gerarar

Premium Member
That has to be the dumbest thing I ever saw. Is this what Tic Tok is? I am glad I don't even know.
Well partially. Currently there’s a trend/hype going around of a Ratatouille musical that was created by users on TikTok. Fans have been clamoring for Disney to “acknowledge” it and with this post, they finally did. It’s good PR and recognition that a ride is coming for those who didn’t know, and judging from the comments — plenty did not know such ride is coming to Epcot soon.

Disney does post some other cool stuff on their TikTok account as I mentioned in my previous reply above.
For example this, they did an exclusive on installing the marque:

Or this, which showcases the MK and HS decorations installations overnight:

NelsonRD

Well partially. Currently there’s a trend/hype going around of a Ratatouille musical that was created by users on TikTok. Fans have been clamoring for Disney to “acknowledge” it and with this post, they finally did. It’s good PR and recognition that a ride is coming for those who didn’t know, and judging from the comments — plenty did not know such ride is coming to Epcot soon.

Disney does post some other cool stuff on their TikTok account as I mentioned in my previous reply above.
For example this, they did an exclusive on installing the marque:

Or this, which showcases the MK and HS decorations installations overnight:

I disagree with this being good PR. Although it may be 'hip' and 'cool' I would argue that the TikTok audience largely, is not the group who is in the position to drop thousands of dollars on a Disney Vacation. It is the same reason why you do not see BMW commercials during Teen Mom episodes. I would prefer a classier campaign.

gerarar

Premium Member
I disagree with this being good PR. Although it may be 'hip' and 'cool' I would argue that the TikTok audience largely, is not the group who is in the position to drop thousands of dollars on a Disney Vacation. It is the same reason why you do not see BMW commercials during Teen Mom episodes. I would prefer a classier campaign.
The TikTok audience is majority kids and young teens. Although they can't drop thousands for a vacation, they can ask their parents that they want to vacay to WDW. It's basically a commercial in itself. I do agree with what you say though. I just see it going both ways.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom