News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

lazyboy97o

Justifiable questions! The problem is that they're placing back-stage fabrications that were designed to be seen only from across the water(if at all) onto the guest's stage. In the concept art, it looks like the entire IdF show building was going to get a new facade with more detail and architectural sense. To save money, they added paint, texture, and flower boxes in an attempt to hide this instead. So there's no real logical answer to these design choices because they were never meant to be seen up close. I think shorter shutters that stopped right above the new flower boxes could've helped them make more sense.
While some of the facades were pre-existing, that explains some of the weird decisions like the ridiculous size of the cornice on the yellow building, it’s not a good excuse. A change in use necessitates a change in design. These types of nonsensical elements also exist on the entirely new builds. There’s all the weirdness of the crêperie and even the main attraction building. Look at the photos of the attraction entrance, to the left are more odd openings. They have balconies but are really short, shorter than the French doors to the right and similar in size to the openings above which do look more like windows. Then the railings are really tall. Why would someone build a balcony outside a window with really tall railings?

Animaniac93-98

While some of the facades were pre-existing, that explains some of the weird decisions like the ridiculous size of the cornice on the yellow building, it’s not a good excuse. A change in use necessitates a change in design. These types of nonsensical elements also exist on the entirely new builds. There’s all the weirdness of the crêperie and even the main attraction building. Look at the photos of the attraction entrance, to the left are more odd openings. They have balconies but are really short, shorter than the French doors to the right and similar in size to the openings above which do look more like windows. Then the railings are really tall. Why would someone build a balcony outside a window with really tall railings?

Doesn't matter, Le Remy Pointe - Lifestyle Centre will still be pretty and French enough for the tourists who don't want to visit Europe. ;)

tirian

Thanks. Yeah, I truly wasn't trying to be nitpicky, more just trying to sort out why it just feels "off" to me. I think you're right- there is some translation from this being a backstage area to onstage that may be to blame. I'm sure it'll look fine in person from the expected vantage points.
It’s fine to be nitpicky. You pay top dollar for WDI to be nitpicky. ;)

The window boxes and silk flowers will hide the blank spots. However, the overall proportions will still look wrong, the balconies and buildings will still look flat, and many of the details will still have the wrong scale—just like the New Fantasyland addition and Via Napoli restaurant.

Movielover

Certainement, mon ami!
tumblr_omjf2oIYLb1tkb2p0o1_500.gif

nickys

Premium Member
So is there an opening date?

This appears to still be the current position:

There are two factions kind of fighting on Rat’s opening. Burbank wants 2021 (probably Spring), while TDO (and especially Epcot leadership) wants it in time for the holiday season.

The local thought being that Epcot could use a draw to pull people to it from the other parks (3 day vacationers seem to leave off Epcot More than any other park), and give it a bit of extra capacity.

Corporate sees holding Rat and promoting the crud out of it next year will drive attendance to the resort as a whole the most when held until 2021 when more restrictions are (hopefully) lifted.

Club Cooloholic

Early next year is favoured. As it stands it can’t open until around mid December and consensus is save it until late winter / early spring. So no, there is no date. Just a probable window.
Why December as the earliest date? I thought it was pretty much done and they are starting to clear a lot of the walls? I also don't understand why they couldn't open it now and still promote the heck out of it in 2021... while also giving it months of time to work out kinks

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom