News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

Disney Analyst

So would I. The early photos looked terrible, so I'm hoping now that things are close to finished they've found a way to make it less noticeable.

Found this one from Blog Mickey, which is what I meant when I said I've only seen it peeking.

france-ratatouille-show-building-1.jpg

horaceluke

Yes, I'm kind of surprised at the negativity on here about the ride. Almost all rides require at least some suspension of disbelief.

For me, Rat is a fun ride that is also suitable for pretty much all ages. It is also a rare IP addition to Epcot that actually fits reasonably well. If not for the painted flats and giant green box visible across the lagoon, this would be probably the only thing coming to Epcot that was all positive to me.

Fully agree with this opinion. Cannot be too negative about a new dark ride that fits perfectly in the area. I have been on the ride in Paris and whilst it is not ground breaking it is fun, uses a ride system that isn’t used otherwise in Epcot and has a decent capacity. What more can we ask. To all those saying it will be a let down after Rise does that now mean that no ride is now allowed to be built if it is not better than ride using a trackless ride system? By that logic we can only have one omnimover ride or only one of small world or PotC or one of BTM or SM. Taking this arguement to this logical conclusion is it really worth having any other rides in the parks now Rise is built seeing as they aren’t as good?

Sir_Cliff

Suspension of disbelief is supposed to be an unconscious reaction, not a conscious action. Everything is great if you just pretend it is better.
Must admit that I keep pondering this response to my comment that all rides require some suspension of disbelief.

How many Disney attractions don't require you to ignore certain things to immerse yourself in the experience?

lazyboy97o

Must admit that I keep pondering this response to my comment that all rides require some suspension of disbelief.

How many Disney attractions don't require you to ignore certain things to immerse yourself in the experience?
Again, it is about action versus reaction. Immersion is another description for that same reaction. If suspension of disbelief is just actively ignoring things then there is no point to all of the effort that went into the best themed experiences. Why bother building intricate facades and detailed show sets if people are expected to just pretend they’re better? Why develop something like the Omnimover to direct people’s view if they should just ignore all of the infrastructure that would otherwise be visible?

justintheharris

Again, it is about action versus reaction. Immersion is another description for that same reaction. If suspension of disbelief is just actively ignoring things then there is no point to all of the effort that went into the best themed experiences. Why bother building intricate facades and detailed show sets if people are expected to just pretend they’re better? Why develop something like the Omnimover to direct people’s view if they should just ignore all of the infrastructure that would otherwise be visible?
Do you hate the Haunted Mansion because it's a tiny little building which you don't even enter through the front door and there's no way the whole ride takes place in a building that looks as though if you stood next to it, you're half its height?

Probably not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom