News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

lazyboy97o

I was referring to how it feels when we actually start making that walk back to the new area. Obviously we can form some preliminary opinions based on the plans and artwork, but it’ll likely change for better or worse when we’re there in person.
It can be rather well understood now. The artwork is largely irrelevant because my critique is about the urban design, something that is focused more on plan and massing, and not the specific architecture.

Kman101

Perhaps you’re right. If 270 million was thrown at it already...

I mean, while you think it was built on the cheap, and I TOTALLY get what you're saying, it literally wasn't though ... lol. Not a defense just the truth. They spent *money* and it's still a flawed-minimal use of the technology-attraction.

And now Hagrid's has kinda shown that Slinky and Mine Train could have been at least 10x better than they are now (not even talking about the speed of Hagrids; I'm good with the speed of Slinky and Mine Train, they serve different purposes, I'm aware, but I'm talking about the animatroics and having the coaster surrounded by trees and greenery and water, not to mention the queue and build up to the ride). I hope they knock it out of the park with the Guardians coaster, as much as I dislike it's park location ... a lot to live up to from down the street. Not that I feed into the "fan war" between the two parks but it's hard not to see the vast difference in coaster experiences.

Disone

I don't think Hagrids was meant to compete with or be a counter to Slinky Dog Dash and Seven Dwarfs Mine coaster. What I mean by this is Hagrids is more of an e-ticket Edition 2 Islands of Adventure. Both Slinky Dog Dash and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train are not, though I would concede that Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is supposed to be the Marquee attraction of New Fantasyland. That all said, I think a more apt comparison might be Hagrid's to Tron. Of which I do think Hagrid's is going to win that battle. I'm interested to see how that plays out.

Castle Cake Apologist

I don't think Hagrids was meant to compete with or be a counter to Slinky Dog Dash and Seven Dwarfs Mine coaster. What I mean by this is Hagrids is more of an e-ticket Edition 2 Islands of Adventure. Both Slinky Dog Dash and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train are not, though I would concede that Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is supposed to be the Marquee attraction of New Fantasyland. That all said, I think a more apt comparison might be Hagrid's to Tron. Of which I do think Hagrid's is going to win that battle. I'm interested to see how that plays out.

Wrong thread?

jpeden

In the Parks
No
It certainly wasn’t when it was built. Even Eisner admitted it. After opening.

Wasn’t there a contractual obligation to build a second park and this was done after the financial issues with TWDC in the 90’s and that’s why it was done on the cheap?

Or am I making that up? I seem to remember reading that somewhere.

SpaceMountain77

good addition for what the park will be
a-salute-to-0b0613.jpg

nickys

Premium Member
Trying to get through all this Hagrid talk - BUT CAN ANYONE TELL ME when we this attraction is likely to open in Epcot ?

April-June 2020, most likely April.

This is the best place to get info on timelines etc. I’ve linked to the Epcot section.

dreday3

I mean, while you think it was built on the cheap, and I TOTALLY get what you're saying, it literally wasn't though ... lol. Not a defense just the truth. They spent *money* and it's still a flawed-minimal use of the technology-attraction.

And now Hagrid's has kinda shown that Slinky and Mine Train could have been at least 10x better than they are now (not even talking about the speed of Hagrids; I'm good with the speed of Slinky and Mine Train, they serve different purposes, I'm aware, but I'm talking about the animatroics and having the coaster surrounded by trees and greenery and water, not to mention the queue and build up to the ride). I hope they knock it out of the park with the Guardians coaster, as much as I dislike it's park location ... a lot to live up to from down the street. Not that I feed into the "fan war" between the two parks but it's hard not to see the vast difference in coaster experiences.

I haven't been on Hagrid's yet, so just from watching the video - I think Hagrid's wins on coaster length, twists/turns, speed, etc.,...but animatronics? In my opinion, no way does it beat Mine Train's animatronics. I reserve the right to change my mind once seeing it in person, but at this point those animatronics on Hagrid's are actually kind of a let down from what I was expecting.

Again, video probably isn't helping my opinion.

Mickeyboof

Would there be much improvement if, as some have suggested, the RVs scooch around a bit during the simulator sections?

The vehicles do move. Ever so slightly. It’s like a slight bump.

The vehicles need more degree of motion to actually simulate anything happening in the projections.

Terminator, Spider-Man and Fast and the Furious (not a good ride at all, but it does move!) rides all move in a dramatic manor that matches the projections.

The rat ride does not- as much. For example, when you “fall,” the vehicle slightly tips forward, but it feels like an accident and you can barley feel the vehicle settle back down for the “landing.”

The movement and falling and scurrying in the videos are big and bold- fast turns and darting around the place. The vehicle barley moves to match this.

Soooo... yes! More movement and less visible seams between the screen and, well, nothingness would be absolutely beneficial.

Movielover

Terminator, Spider-Man

I assume you meant Transformers, since Terminator's seats had exactly 1 movement, the big drop at the end. While I do prefer those ride vehicles as they do allow for a more intense ride experience they lend to a more limited rider base. Rat has no minimum height requirement and as such allows for more children to ride. Now Disney does have arguably their own version of Spiderman's RV's, the Indiana Jones/Countdown to Extinction's RV, which I wish they would do more with, however the trade off would be more rides that young children would not be able to experience. I see people complain that Universal just reused Spiderman's system for Transformers. I argue that they should use it more as it leads to a fun ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom