News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

No Name

The quality of the sets, the length, etc. make it seem like at most, it’s a D-ticket.

It's all subjective. What you may consider to be one letter, someone else may consider to be another. Yes, maybe Disney labels it a certain letter internally, but that's no less subjective. Nobody is right or wrong. And since people use the term differently, they're not even arguing on the same plane.

Thankfully I haven't seen a ticket argument for a while, so maybe people are realizing this?

Last edited:

Bacon

As it stands yes. Were you expecting more?
yeah kinda, mainly cause the area around it looks nothing like France currently is a huge make over of the courtyard area happening? also, why does the entrance look likes it's where the current bakery is if this makeover is the case?

lazyboy97o

As far as IP, for those too young to remember, EPCOT was devoid of characters in the beginning, and people did not like it.
That is not true. EPCOT Center was plenty popular at opening. The story that EPCOT Center was a boondoggle that needed the Studio is a myth perpetuated by Roy E. Disney and Michael Eisner to justify the takeover of the company and the shift in focus away from the highly profitable parks.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
yeah kinda, mainly cause the area around it looks nothing like France currently is a huge make over of the courtyard area happening? also, why does the entrance look likes it's where the current bakery is if this makeover is the case?
Ummmm....

And the attraction building entrance is behind the current bakery kitchen. Entrance to the new ride area is north west of the current pavilion.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
That is not true. EPCOT Center was plenty popular at opening. The story that EPCOT Center was a boondoggle that needed the Studio is a myth perpetuated by Roy E. Disney and Michael Eisner to justify the takeover of the company and the shift in focus away from the highly profitable parks.
Well, EPCOT Center was missing the familiar characters until early 1984. But it certainly was popular. Year on year it saw a rise in attendance from 1982. It's first 3 months were so popular they had to extend the parking lot in early 1983.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

You need to back up in the thread and re-read the parts where we show where the ride is going. The courtyard you see in the artist's rendering is a brand new one added to the backside of France.

Mike S

Haha!

I was quite partial to Aruba back in the day.
What about Jamaica, Bermuda, Bahama, Key Largo, or Montego?
It's all subjective. What you may consider to be one letter, someone else may consider to be another. Yes, maybe Disney labels it a certain letter internally, but that's no less subjective. Nobody is right or wrong. And since people use the term differently, they're not even arguing on the same plane.

Thankfully I haven't seen a ticket argument for a while, so maybe people are realizing this?
If Disney labels it something I think I'd go with that since they're the one likely to know all the criteria. As such, we already know GotG will be an E Ticket.

PizzaPlanet

Maelstrom was considered one in 1988.
I'm not gonna pretend I was alive in 1988, but I have a hard time believing that. It's not like Maelstrom was the gold standard for dark rides until more impressive things came along. Pirates and IASW are what I'd consider E-ticket boat rides, and they were built in the 60s! It was too short to be an E then, just like FEA and 7DMT are today.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom