News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

lazyboy97o

I know that. I was asking for any specifics.
It’s the entire bureaucracy that exists around the development process. Many stakeholders and decision makers who don’t want to commit to a decision. Even on something like Ratatouille’s Remy Adventure in Paris based on Disney-Pixar’s Remy Ratatouille, where the show is supposed to be a clone, every design detail is second guessed and fuddled with.

Rteetz

From Bioreconstruct

Padraig

Just back from my first visit to DLP yesterday and thought I'd chime in on Ratatouille. I'd tempered my expectations based on the early reviews, but was still cautiously optimistic given the nature of theme-park fans to sometimes over-react. But wow, that was a seriously underwhelming experience. It just felt so... empty, like being in a bumper car with a weak 3D movie projected in front of it. They really, really need to use some of those vehicles for props or something because it just feels like a proof of the technology rather than a fully realised dream.

PymParty

Does anyone know why they take so much time to start covering the facade of the show building ? The 3 other faces of the building have been covered since a few months already

ToTBellHop

Does anyone know why they take so much time to start covering the facade of the show building ? The 3 other faces of the building have been covered since a few months already
The front facade can finish later as it is cosmetics and queue. The larger building needed to be sealed earlier to start installing the ride system and show scenes. There was no particular need to rush closing the front since guests can't see it head-on anyway.

PymParty

The front facade can finish later as it is cosmetics and queue. The larger building needed to be sealed earlier to start installing the ride system and show scenes. There was no particular need to rush closing the front since guests can't see it head-on anyway.
but shouldn't it be done or at least closed for the opening of the Skyliner ? Otherwise guests riding it will be able to see the inside of the building

ToTBellHop

but shouldn't it be done or at least closed for the opening of the Skyliner ? Otherwise guests riding it will be able to see the inside of the building
It will be closed by Fall. It's opening next Spring, after all. Not that they could care. A view from a guest who is technically outside the park (e.g. the ferry from the Crescent Lake resorts) is not typically a worry.

lazyboy97o

Sheathing won’t take long to install once it gets started.

Kman101

Just back from my first visit to DLP yesterday and thought I'd chime in on Ratatouille. I'd tempered my expectations based on the early reviews, but was still cautiously optimistic given the nature of theme-park fans to sometimes over-react. But wow, that was a seriously underwhelming experience. It just felt so... empty, like being in a bumper car with a weak 3D movie projected in front of it. They really, really need to use some of those vehicles for props or something because it just feels like a proof of the technology rather than a fully realised dream.

Yet will no doubt garner absurd wait times. It seems like a basic ride. I don’t have an opinion as I’ve yet to experience it in Paris (I need to get there first! Lol) but it gets very mixed reviews. Just from videos it seems they could have done better but it will still probably be fun.

Missing20K

I just got back a few weeks ago from Disneyland Paris. I enjoyed the ride and think it will be a nice add to Epcot. It didn't blow me away, but I will say it's above average for a dark ride.
Agreed. Other than some of the transitions between show scenes and that some of the screen edges and floor are too noticeable, I thought it to be a very fun, above average C/D ticket. I hope the queue is similar to the DLP version.

ToTBellHop

Agreed. Other than some of the transitions between show scenes and that some of the screen edges and floor are too noticeable, I thought it to be a very fun, above average C/D ticket. I hope the queue is similar to the DLP version.
The fact that you don’t consider it an E ticket for what Disney is spending to build it should be alarming.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom