News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Sadly I've not yet had the opportunity to visit the Arts Festival. I'm curious why you think it close to EPCOT's mission? By default I don't think it does all that much.
I can see how an arts festival could fit - obviously in WS, although that would require arts and artists form around the world more than local US ones. With the problem that arts often do not adhere to borders. Except for boring nationalist movements, or crafts and the like that conservative regimes seem eager to promote as somehow expressing national virtues and traditions.
Arts could fit in FW - design drives progress too, moreso now than ever.

I do think the F&W festival is in itself actually a really good fit for WS. Global gastronomy has always been a main draw and focus of WS, as it should be. Gastronomy is the cultural expression of differences in climate, soil, and regional traditions. I dislike many aspects of F&W's actual implementation, but don't dislike it in itself.

Flower and Garden feels a bit more far-fetched, is not a great thematic fit that furthers EPCOT's story. My personal favourite festival though! The park never looks prettier! ♡

Holidays are just that, they celebrate the end of year festivities and don't really need to further EPCOT's mission, although I appreciate how they manage to give EPCOT's celebrations a distinct EPCOT angle.

For WS, the Arts fits in with the Imagination Pavilion. As a whole, just look at RoE... it has a whole section devoted to human culture especially as expressed in the arts, both fine and performing.

The Empress Lilly

It’s dying. It’s a shadow of its former self.

I’m more concerned about the permanent replacement.
I've always been into RoE for the music and story more than for its theatrics. These hold up as good as ever. I'm so simple to please, really.

I don't give a rhymes with floss about any upcoming Moana sing-a-long projection show. My EPCOT will be reduced to SSE and The Land soon. A short day.

RandySavage

Is there any knowledge about what - if anything - will be done about the highly-visible Ratatouille Showbuilding as seen behind Morocco and across the lagoon?

HKDL very effectively (both cost- and quality-wise) themed the back of their Fantasyland buildings to fit Adventureland, while also putting in a tree screen:

Would seem to me the same could have been done to Rat building (make it look like Morocco's old town walls, mostly obscured by vegetation) though that doesn't seem to be the case. Is there space to re-plant an effective berm?

jt04

LOL. I would offer that between about 2005 and 2014, they thought WDW was good enough to just leave alone as is with sporadic minor investments. Now we are obviously in a period of tremendous spending (actual dollar amounts are unprecedented, though the amount of physical expansion is not).

They were busy spending boatloads ⛵ of money elsewhere, designing and developing tech and investing in WDW's infrastructure in those years. Including Disney Springs.

By waiting, WDW is getting much more advanced attractions such as FoP and MMRR along with great clones like Tron and Ratatouille.

Tavernacle12

They were busy spending boatloads ⛵ of money elsewhere, designing and developing tech and investing in WDW's infrastructure in those years. Including Disney Springs.

By waiting, WDW is getting much more advanced attractions such as FoP and MMRR along with great clones like Tron and Ratatouille.

By waiting we also missed out on like ten years worth of possible rides, though, and there’s no reason to think we wouldn’t still be getting Star Wars Land. It also meant that instead of spending on updating and plussing existing rides like Energy or GMR they found it more feasible to just destroy them and put something in its place without increasing the total attraction numbers throughout the property.

HauntedMansionFLA

This and This. Festival of the Arts is very enjoyable IMO. However, F&G and F&W are played out, and run too damn long. Epcot needs more weeks, if not a months, without any festivals. So, expand FotA a week or 2 and reduce F&G and F&W. Realistically I doubt they would ever reduce F&G and F&W because of the additional revenue they generate for the park.
I could see them extend FOTA two weeks and extend F&G to the end of June - start F&W at the start of August??

HauntedMansionFLA

I’d like Arts from mid-January through mid-March, F&G April through Memorial Day, and F&W October through early November (when there’s a chance the weather will be comfortable enough to stuff my face outside). I thought the old holiday dates of Black Friday through 12/30 were appropriate.
That sounds great!! I do wish they would throw in some Jazz music concerts during FOTA.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

:hilarious:

That quote sounds like a particular government administration.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom