• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

The Empress Lilly

The few billion dollars they’re spending on the park over the next six years is a hint :)
And maybe, just maybe, if they had listened to us actual fans of the park instead of constantly trying to rebuild EPCOT into something it is not in a bid to make it appeal to non-fans, they now wouldn't have to rebuild EPCOT once again.

Just giving money-waving fans what they want, it is surprisingly a good business model.

marni1971

WDW History nut
Premium Member
And maybe, just maybe, if they had listened to us actual fans of the park instead of constantly trying to rebuild EPCOT into something it is not in a bid to make it appeal to non-fans, they now wouldn't have to rebuild EPCOT once again.

Just giving money-waving fans what they want, it is surprisingly a good business model.
Whilst the money being spent isn’t to be sniffed at, I don’t agree with how most of it is being spent. But that’s just me. What can I do.

The Empress Lilly

Whilst the money being spent isn’t to be sniffed at, I don’t agree with how most of it is being spent.
Neither do I.

At the risk of repeating my point, you and I both have an EPCOT picture for an avatar. Yet EPCOT's billions are going to be spend to appeal not to us, but to members here who don't have an EPCOT avatar, but selfies or character pictures. Something's off about that.

lazyboy97o

Neither do I.

At the risk of repeating my point, you and I both have an EPCOT picture for an avatar. Yet EPCOT's billions are going to be spend to appeal not to us, but to members here who don't have an EPCOT avatar, but selfies or character pictures. Something's off about that.
The problem is Disney leadership’s views that theme parks are stupid entertainment for stupid people. In no other business would it be consider “obvious” to not appeal to those actually interested in your product.

LittleBuford

The problem is Disney leadership’s views that theme parks are stupid entertainment for stupid people. In no other business would it be consider “obvious” to not appeal to those actually interested in your product.
The hoi polloi whom everyone seems to hate on these boards are likewise interested in Disney's product--just not in the way that people here may be. Geeky fandom doesn't necessarily translate into dollars, so from a business perspective, Disney is wise not to focus its energies on appeasing a relatively small group of die-hard EPCOT devotees.

build_it

The hoi polloi whom everyone seems to hate on these boards are likewise interested in Disney's product--just not in the way that people here may be. Geeky fandom doesn't necessarily translate into dollars, so from a business perspective, Disney is wise not to focus its energies on appeasing a relatively small group of die-hard EPCOT devotees.
IMO the two things do not have to be mutually exclusive. I would venture to guess, it would be possible to undertake changes that appeal to both the fandom and the general public. Capitalize on both groups versus one or the other.

LittleBuford

IMO the two things do not have to be mutually exclusive. I would venture to guess, it would be possible to undertake changes that appeal to both the fandom and the general public. Capitalize on both groups versus one or the other.
I agree. And I'm one of the fans who feels that Disney is generally doing that. But I realise it's a matter of opinion, and many here evidently feel betrayed by what's happening.

MickeyMinnieMom

But are they ACTUALLY only getting one group or the other? How many have permanently abandoned WDW because their Epcot dreams have not been fulfilled? Probably very few. Have some dialed down the number of trips to WDW? Probably some like Martin, but with many more to replace them. Attendance doesn't lie.

From a business perspective, I think the only thing they've potentially really done wrong is not build enough capacity fast enough -- especially with SWGE on the horizon. That could have deleterious effects wrt repeats if the SWGE experience is negative due to lacking capacity. But in terms of WHAT they're choosing to build (i.e. not true to E.P.C.O.T.), I don't think they're suffering from capitalizing only on one group vs. both of the ones you mentioned. Just because some REALLY don't like it doesn't mean it's wrong, of course.

disneygeek90

Of the 4 festivals, Food and Wine is 4th. IMO the best Festival is The Festival of the Arts, followed by Flower and Garden, then the Holidays. But I still go to all 4 every year.
Agreed wholeheartedly. The sheer volume of people during F&W alone make it less enjoyable. Lots of people forget that there’s similar events outside of Aug-Nov, apparently. Not to mention that the weather is overall way nicer for Festival of the Arts/Holidays.

MansionButler84

Agreed wholeheartedly. The sheer volume of people during F&W alone make it less enjoyable. Lots of people forget that there’s similar events outside of Aug-Nov, apparently. Not to mention that the weather is overall way nicer for Festival of the Arts/Holidays.
I wish they’d expand Festival of the Arts. It’s the most authentic one. They could push off F&G to late March.

Top Bottom