Removal of Main Street Christmas Wreaths Due to New Parade

photomatt

The video was shot with a handheld iPhone 6. The original video is not blurry, so if it's blurry right now, I think YouTube is still processing it.

The video is of the last part of the show, which is about 10 minutes long.

Pics of Main Street will come later. The park is not very crowded, but the hub is packed.

photomatt

The lights look denser this year as well.
The lights have been refreshed, refurbished, or whatever you want to call it. They are just as bright as they were when they first premiered back in 2007 (or thereabouts). I missed coming here last year, but in 2012, the lights were noticeably fading in spots. It was somewhat sad because it was so noticeable.

Now that the lights are back at 100 percent, even pictures taken with "real" cameras don't do the lights the justice they deserve. If you can come here to see them, you should. Just seeing them alone is almost worth the price of admission. Seriously.

PhotoDave219

The lights have been refreshed, refurbished, or whatever you want to call it. They are just as bright as they were when they first premiered back in 2007 (or thereabouts). I missed coming here last year, but in 2012, the lights were noticeably fading in spots. It was somewhat sad because it was so noticeable.

Now that the lights are back at 100 percent, even pictures taken with "real" cameras don't do the lights the justice they deserve. If you can come here to see them, you should. Just seeing them alone is almost worth the price of admission. Seriously.

They Definetly brighten the exposure a stop or 2

dgp602

when is the Christmas parade taping?
Can someone please start a Christmas 2014 thread so we can share resort decorations, park decorations and important dates like the parade taping? We shouldn't have to scroll through a thread that has been hanging around here since June. Also, the name of this thread is so far removed from the topics over the past 5 pages or so....

Anyone? @wdwmagic ??

photomatt

IMG_0520.JPG
I know the pic is blurry, but it's the best I could do. The castle looks so much better without the garland.

Last edited:

hpyhnt 1000

Still undecided on the new wreaths as the replacement for the garland. The new Frozen show is decent, if maybe a tad long. I think the dialogue could be tightened up in a few spots.

But even in pics and video, the castle lights do look magnificent after their refurb. The castle really does look amazing when its lit up and made to look like ice.

Bocabear

The wreaths look terrible...they are out of scale, don't line up properly, the LED colors are all wrong for the theming of Main Street... I realize it is nice they did something...but this is an inelegant solution....
Maybe in person they look better, but in the photographs I have seen they are just wrong...Completely out of scale.
and just plain odd.

peter11435

The wreaths look terrible...they are out of scale, don't line up properly, the LED colors are all wrong for the theming of Main Street... I realize it is nice they did something...but this is an inelegant solution....
Maybe in person they look better, but in the photographs I have seen they are just wrong...Completely out of scale.
and just plain odd.
Those are the same LED colors that have been used on Main Street for several years now. Including on the over street garland.

Joshua&CalebDad

This topic is somewhat humorous...just yesterday I was telling my wife that Disney was no longer using the hanging wreaths because of the new parade and she started to get upset without even looking at what the new wreaths would look like. Mind you she loves Christmas time and especially Christmas at Disney. Then she asked if anyone on WDWMagic was complaining about and I quickly answered, prior to even looking at the boards, "probably not since we did get a new parade this year. People would rather have a new parade and would be willing to deal with the hanging wreaths being somewhat modified." Boy was I wrong. 24 pages devoted to the differeing opinions behind this and it all started in January. You guys make me laugh. :p

Crazydisneyfanluke

I went last year or the year before for christmas, I loved everything about it. But for me to go back during christmas time, They would have to do more with the decorations through out the whole park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom