"Remind me why we're doing this again" The September 2012 PTR!

I have tried and tried and TRIED to wait as long as possible to post this PTR, but I just couldn't wait anymore! I'm too excited. :)

Where did we last leave off in February?? (aka, here) Ohhh yeah...
32666410124.jpg

Welcome to the Tower of Terror Ten Mile PTR! So far, there has been a lot of sweat getting to just the moment of writing this, including the fact that I can barely walk from a roller coaster mishap followed by a 10k race.

For those of you who don't know me (I'm sure you're out there right?), I'm Courtney, a 23 year old elementary education major from Delaware who decided that she was crazy enough to try to tackle a 10 mile race... among many others on the forums here! Woo! When the boyfriend, Dan, and I were in Disney back in February, I knew I would be back for the race this coming September, so we made sure I got the above picture.

Now... onto the important part of this PTR.

The Cast
Originally, this trip started as a two-person weekend extravaganza. No, not me and Dan this time (sad day)... but my classmate and good friend, Claire, is a seasonal CM. Soooo hello 50% off room for the weekend!

554843_3325047720298_1252395303_n.jpg

(we were inducted into Kappa Delta Pi, the education honor society together this past May)

But, as all of my trips are starting to end up doing... go figure... this plan changed when I got a phone call that said "I signed up for your Disney race, sooo... Disney trip!" from Dan's brother's fiance, otherwise known as Angel. So, she and Jerzy (aka Dan's brother) decided they are going to join us on the trip!

420559_10150684046755719_2093981330_n.jpg

(this is from THEIR Disney trip in January)

I was hoping I could sit here and write that Dan himself was coming on the trip, but his job cut his hours down to 16 a week. So, that's currently a no-go (I still have my hopes up though). :(

Regardless, you guys kinda all know him now... so I had to share a picture that you wouldn't have seen unless you're my Facebook friend:
560041_3325084281212_477687136_n.jpg

YAY congrats Dan face! :D

As I said, hopefully he WILL be a part of the final cast for this trip, but... that's only going to happen if he gets a new, better job between now and September so he and Pascal can go back to Disney.

When
September 28 - September 30

Where
All Star Music

How
Flying AirTran (Boo) in and out of Philadelphia

Celebrating
Claire's 25th birthday (it's that Saturday!), the ToT 10-miler, and coming back AGAIN!

What are we doing while we're there?
Now for the REALLY fun part! :D So, this trip has no food plan added on at all, and no reservations because, well... there's no time for them! We have too much to do and too little time.

Ok... there's ONE meal planned, but still.

Friday: We should be arriving in MCO around 2-2:30 in the afternoon, which means it's DME to ASM to drop our stuff off and then run over to WWoS so that Angel and I can pick up our race packets for the big night.

After we get back to the hotel again, we're going to change into some awesome Halloween costumes (not planned yet... though I'm thinking either Belle or a Newsie) and head over to Magic Kingdom for MNSSHP, which I haven't done since I was about 8, and no one else in the party has actually done before.

Saturday: The only plan on the menu for the daytime today is to go to Picabu at 1:00pm for our Team Studios Central meet and greet lunch (Angel and I are on the running team that Jess, PartOfYourWorld, helped start! :) )... and possibly Beaches and Cream for ice cream while over that way since I've NEVER been there.

Besides that, it's be lazy around the pool, tan, swim, and perhaps have a drink (or three) while relaxing before the big night.

Then... it's off to Hollywood Studios for the start of our big race. Claire and Jerzy aren't running, so Claire is hanging out with her CM bff and Jerzy is.... well, terrorizing anyone who is at the Villains Bash while waiting for us (which is why Dan NEEDS to go, keep his brother in line and whatnot).

I am so looking forward to this night already, even if Angel and I question over and over again during our training why we're doing it (thus the PTR title!).

Sunday: EPCOT! Food and wine festival for the first time in my life? ummm, yes please. Especially since we get free entrance because Claire should have enough tickets for the four of us to all go in together. We don't have to get DME until around 4pm, so there should be more than enough time to go over and browse for a bit. Plus, it's the day before the 30th birthday, so that's one of my big reasons for going!

Well... there ya go, that's the plan for the weekend coming up. Now I just need to get my butt back on track with training and dieting so I don't die during this race! ;)

With that, I leave you with our picture from this past weekend's race

600722_3410100486564_347973460_n.jpg

mamamouse

Okay girlios,so my plan is about a week before I leave (the 23rd I'm staying over night in Buffalo)I will be buying an american sim card And I'll facebook you the number then we can text a plan to meet up!!!!I hope it all works out with ladies :)

mamamouse

OMg sorry i have one more thing to say Lol COURTNEYYYYYYYYYY you should totally come check out bob the piano guy with me n jess ( I hope we still can do that )

BrittanyRose428

I'm so excited to hear about your trip! I just started training to (hopefully/eventually) do a Disney race. (When I said just started training, I mean JUST STARTED, as in mostly walking for now with a tiny bit of running here and there, haha, but my boyfriend and I really want to get in better shape). I hope Dan gets to go with you, you guys are such a cute couple :D.

PartOfYourWorld

OMg sorry i have one more thing to say Lol COURTNEYYYYYYYYYY you should totally come check out bob the piano guy with me n jess ( I hope we still can do that )

Yes of course we can! We're still planning on going on Thursday night!! It will be a great time!! :) I am so excited to see Bob again! And my buddies over at the River Roost lounge (if they remember us haha) hopefully they do I would like to think they do!

enchanted_belle

Original Poster

Yes of course we can! We're still planning on going on Thursday night!! It will be a great time!! :) I am so excited to see Bob again! And my buddies over at the River Roost lounge (if they remember us haha) hopefully they do I would like to think they do!

Welll.... seeing as I won't be there until Friday afternoon.... :( :( No bob time for me this trip! That'll be in the spring sometime I'm sure. :)

Yay Courtney!!! I can't wait to see all my WDWMagic girls for ToT 10 miler! You know there's a Running meet at EPCOT on Sunday, I'll send you an invite via Facebook. I think I may have to rent an ECV that day!!

Ohhhh really? Well then, looks like I have a second meet I can go to! YAY! :D That's so exciting. And I can't wait to see you again!!!!!!

I'm so excited to hear about your trip! I just started training to (hopefully/eventually) do a Disney race. (When I said just started training, I mean JUST STARTED, as in mostly walking for now with a tiny bit of running here and there, haha, but my boyfriend and I really want to get in better shape). I hope Dan gets to go with you, you guys are such a cute couple :D.

Just wait until you see what my actual plan is now... it's coming in the next post lol. And awww shanks, we try. Our anniversary is in 3 days, can you believe it?!? How the heck did a year go by so quickly?

enchanted_belle

Original Poster
So this week I restart my training for September (hey now, less than three months away trip!). Just had to share a picture of what that training actually is....

snapshot_20120701.jpg

I'm still trying to figure out which crazy part of my mind talked me into it.

Love the PTR! I'll be there the 21st-28th. Congrats on signing up for the ToT 10-miler, it's something I would love to do someday. You're inspiring me to start running again! Good luck with the race and I hope you have fun!!

enchanted_belle

Original Poster
Love the PTR! I'll be there the 21st-28th. Congrats on signing up for the ToT 10-miler, it's something I would love to do someday. You're inspiring me to start running again! Good luck with the race and I hope you have fun!!

I say do it!!!!! Seriously, if I can do this ANYONE can. When I started running back in January, I could barely run for a 30 second segment at a time. Much less walk after trying to do so. Now I'm crazy and trying for a 10 mile, half marathon and marathon by NEXT January. So do it! :D

enchanted_belle

Original Poster
Day two of my training happened last night in really muggy heat. Still no word on if Dan is actually going to go yet or not, he had an interview earlier in the week for a new job so I think he's waiting to see if he can get it or not... or if he gets a better job in general first.

I had my hopes up that he was going to tell me he was going as my anniversary present on Wednesday but he didn't. Oh well. Fingers still crossed!

84 more days!!!! I'm really looking forward to this trip because I know I get to meet a LOT of my online Disney family, as well as spend the weekend with a small group of my favorite people (which Claire is working on her fiancee to come as well... they got engaged in MK last week! yay!!!!!!!!).

enchanted_belle

Original Poster
Hey you! Theres been no love on here it looks like! 68 days for me and 70 for you! woot woot! :)

Haha yay for PTR love! I'm officially restarting my disney trip diet as of right now, so no more eating out with Dan for a bit unless its saladworks!

Speaking of Dan, he said if his hours increase, or he gets the job at Kay's Jewlers he's looking at (ummm squee), he will be going on the trip with us! Not a definite still, but it's closer.

tiaragirl

Eee Court! And Jess! So proud of you guys to committing - I feel like if I was ever going to take the plunge, a race named after my beloved would be the way to go ;) However, I'm wayyy too lazy for that and instead would rather ride it x10 while you guys run x10 miles in it's name.

I'm just a gem, hey?

LOOKS LIKE IT'S GONNA BE A PARTY!

enchanted_belle

Original Poster
Eee Court! And Jess! So proud of you guys to committing - I feel like if I was ever going to take the plunge, a race named after my beloved would be the way to go ;) However, I'm wayyy too lazy for that and instead would rather ride it x10 while you guys run x10 miles in it's name.

I'm just a gem, hey?

LOOKS LIKE IT'S GONNA BE A PARTY!

Oh, you'll be running with us... at least in popsicle form! ;)
I wish you were going with us for reals though! :(

soarin

Great PTR, can't wait to read your TR. Good luck with the TOT 10 miler, I am doing the Wine and Dine Half in November. Jeff Galloway's training programs are great to get you ready.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom