"Remind me why we're doing this again" The September 2012 PTR!

I have tried and tried and TRIED to wait as long as possible to post this PTR, but I just couldn't wait anymore! I'm too excited. :)

Where did we last leave off in February?? (aka, here) Ohhh yeah...
32666410124.jpg

Welcome to the Tower of Terror Ten Mile PTR! So far, there has been a lot of sweat getting to just the moment of writing this, including the fact that I can barely walk from a roller coaster mishap followed by a 10k race.

For those of you who don't know me (I'm sure you're out there right?), I'm Courtney, a 23 year old elementary education major from Delaware who decided that she was crazy enough to try to tackle a 10 mile race... among many others on the forums here! Woo! When the boyfriend, Dan, and I were in Disney back in February, I knew I would be back for the race this coming September, so we made sure I got the above picture.

Now... onto the important part of this PTR.

The Cast
Originally, this trip started as a two-person weekend extravaganza. No, not me and Dan this time (sad day)... but my classmate and good friend, Claire, is a seasonal CM. Soooo hello 50% off room for the weekend!

554843_3325047720298_1252395303_n.jpg

(we were inducted into Kappa Delta Pi, the education honor society together this past May)

But, as all of my trips are starting to end up doing... go figure... this plan changed when I got a phone call that said "I signed up for your Disney race, sooo... Disney trip!" from Dan's brother's fiance, otherwise known as Angel. So, she and Jerzy (aka Dan's brother) decided they are going to join us on the trip!

420559_10150684046755719_2093981330_n.jpg

(this is from THEIR Disney trip in January)

I was hoping I could sit here and write that Dan himself was coming on the trip, but his job cut his hours down to 16 a week. So, that's currently a no-go (I still have my hopes up though). :(

Regardless, you guys kinda all know him now... so I had to share a picture that you wouldn't have seen unless you're my Facebook friend:
560041_3325084281212_477687136_n.jpg

YAY congrats Dan face! :D

As I said, hopefully he WILL be a part of the final cast for this trip, but... that's only going to happen if he gets a new, better job between now and September so he and Pascal can go back to Disney.

When
September 28 - September 30

Where
All Star Music

How
Flying AirTran (Boo) in and out of Philadelphia

Celebrating
Claire's 25th birthday (it's that Saturday!), the ToT 10-miler, and coming back AGAIN!

What are we doing while we're there?
Now for the REALLY fun part! :D So, this trip has no food plan added on at all, and no reservations because, well... there's no time for them! We have too much to do and too little time.

Ok... there's ONE meal planned, but still.

Friday: We should be arriving in MCO around 2-2:30 in the afternoon, which means it's DME to ASM to drop our stuff off and then run over to WWoS so that Angel and I can pick up our race packets for the big night.

After we get back to the hotel again, we're going to change into some awesome Halloween costumes (not planned yet... though I'm thinking either Belle or a Newsie) and head over to Magic Kingdom for MNSSHP, which I haven't done since I was about 8, and no one else in the party has actually done before.

Saturday: The only plan on the menu for the daytime today is to go to Picabu at 1:00pm for our Team Studios Central meet and greet lunch (Angel and I are on the running team that Jess, PartOfYourWorld, helped start! :) )... and possibly Beaches and Cream for ice cream while over that way since I've NEVER been there.

Besides that, it's be lazy around the pool, tan, swim, and perhaps have a drink (or three) while relaxing before the big night.

Then... it's off to Hollywood Studios for the start of our big race. Claire and Jerzy aren't running, so Claire is hanging out with her CM bff and Jerzy is.... well, terrorizing anyone who is at the Villains Bash while waiting for us (which is why Dan NEEDS to go, keep his brother in line and whatnot).

I am so looking forward to this night already, even if Angel and I question over and over again during our training why we're doing it (thus the PTR title!).

Sunday: EPCOT! Food and wine festival for the first time in my life? ummm, yes please. Especially since we get free entrance because Claire should have enough tickets for the four of us to all go in together. We don't have to get DME until around 4pm, so there should be more than enough time to go over and browse for a bit. Plus, it's the day before the 30th birthday, so that's one of my big reasons for going!

Well... there ya go, that's the plan for the weekend coming up. Now I just need to get my butt back on track with training and dieting so I don't die during this race! ;)

With that, I leave you with our picture from this past weekend's race

600722_3410100486564_347973460_n.jpg

PartOfYourWorld

Yay for posting the PTR!!!!! So excited you are doing this 10-miler with me!!! :) It's going to be a ton of fun! And so glad you joined our race team Team Studios Central! (anyone else who reads this and is running the 10-miler and would like to join our team just send us a shoutout here and I can PM you with the details!)

Anywho....maybe we'll run into ya at Wide World of Sports since Friday it doesn't open until 12 so we'll probably go to a park in the morning and then come back to the hotel and head over there then over ot EPCOT for the night..no MNSSHP for us since mum is doing the 5k at 730 Saturday morning! Saturday will be a looooong day for me lol :)

Go Courtney!!!! :) <3

enchanted_belle

Original Poster
Yay for posting the PTR!!!!! So excited you are doing this 10-miler with me!!! :) It's going to be a ton of fun! And so glad you joined our race team Team Studios Central! (anyone else who reads this and is running the 10-miler and would like to join our team just send us a shoutout here and I can PM you with the details!)

Anywho....maybe we'll run into ya at Wide World of Sports since Friday it doesn't open until 12 so we'll probably go to a park in the morning and then come back to the hotel and head over there then over ot EPCOT for the night..no MNSSHP for us since mum is doing the 5k at 730 Saturday morning! Saturday will be a looooong day for me lol :)

Go Courtney!!!! :) <3

you and momma are welcome to join us at the pool for relaxing time after, twin. ;)

PolynesianPrincess

YAY YAY YAY!!!!! Love this!!! Cannot wait to see you!!! :)

As Jess said, no MNSSHP for my clan either :( Not on Friday anyways. We're going Sunday night! BUT - you will be right next door at Music (we're staying at Sports) so I'm thinking that before the race Saturday we can get together!! We will be at MK til about 2pm. I'm so excited for the after party though and finally all going on ToT together!!! Woooooooo!!! :-D

PartOfYourWorld

you and momma are welcome to join us at the pool for relaxing time after, twin. ;)

Yes! Even though we are totally staying at your resort... :rolleyes: You're welcomed to come over to Riverside as well!

As Jess said, no MNSSHP for my clan either :( Not on Friday anyways. We're going Sunday night! BUT - you will be right next door at Music (we're staying at Sports) so I'm thinking that before the race Saturday we can get together!! We will be at MK til about 2pm. I'm so excited for the after party though and finally all going on ToT together!!! Woooooooo!!! :-D

Awww not coming for Team lunch at 1 at Picabo? :( If you can you should join us over there for a bit!!! And yes me too Villians Bash here we come!!!!!

enchanted_belle

Original Poster
Yes! Even though we are totally staying at your resort... :rolleyes: You're welcomed to come over to Riverside as well!

Awww not coming for Team lunch at 1 at Picabo? :( If you can you should join us over there for a bit!!! And yes me too Villians Bash here we come!!!!!

Pssh... we can just play pretend about who's staying where.

What do they even have at Picabu's? I keep thinking of Picachu...

Is this on saturday? We have an ADR at Tony's at 1:00 on Saturday.

BOOOOOOO :( :(

Yes it is on Saturday :( Its okay! :) I want to get a whole team picture after the race if possible! or before whichever it will be awesome!

Why do I have a feeling this is going to be an impossible task you're going to try to tackle? lol.

enchanted_belle

Original Poster

By the way... I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU EITHER!!!!!!!!!! :)

Ariel484

You're doing this because...you are awesome!!! :D

You guys are going to have a blast...I can't wait to hear about the race. And a 50% CM discount?! How cool is that?!

I hope Dan gets to go too...congrats to him for graduating. And you look FAB in the pictures, especially with the one of him in his cap and gown!

enchanted_belle

Original Poster
You're doing this because...you are awesome!!! :D

You guys are going to have a blast...I can't wait to hear about the race. And a 50% CM discount?! How cool is that?!

I hope Dan gets to go too...congrats to him for graduating. And you look FAB in the pictures, especially with the one of him in his cap and gown!

That's my favorite picture of me! lol. :D it's wonderful... and yeah, Claire and I spent $52 each for the weekend on our room, while Angel and Jerzy spent about $180 between the two of them, so it was definitely a discount.

I figured out during the run on Saturday that it is DEFINITELY time to go get fitted for some new sneakers, mine are on their last days... so they will be participating in a color run and a mud run before Disney, but no other races besides those two.

PartOfYourWorld

Pssh... we can just play pretend about who's staying where.

What do they even have at Picabu's? I keep thinking of Picachu...

haha of course :)

Um...well I've only been there once for an Allears.net meet and only had a drink, but I believe they have a bit of everything there... ::insert shrug smiley here::: it'll just be great to see everyone!

And your doing a color run??? Theres ones here in MA that the girl I work with mentioned but its all the way up past Boston in Amesbury the top tip of MA near Maine so its like a 2 hour drive pretty much...not worth the two hour drive. If it was closer I would totally do it! It looks fun!

enchanted_belle

Original Poster
haha of course :)

Um...well I've only been there once for an Allears.net meet and only had a drink, but I believe they have a bit of everything there... ::insert shrug smiley here::: it'll just be great to see everyone!

And your doing a color run??? Theres ones here in MA that the girl I work with mentioned but its all the way up past Boston in Amesbury the top tip of MA near Maine so its like a 2 hour drive pretty much...not worth the two hour drive. If it was closer I would totally do it! It looks fun!

We're planning on it... there's one in a few weekends in Philly that Angel and I are gonna try getting into. I wrote down a bunch of 10k's at work yesterday between now and Disney, so I'm gonna try to increase my time that way (I really shouldn't be on here and doing homework. Oh well)

Blueskyze

I totally geeked out when you said you were considering being a Newsie! :) I was obsessed with that movie for years, and I got to see the Broadway play in April. Ahhhh-mazing! I was just listnening to the soundtrack this morning.

Good luck with your training - sounds like you are going to have an awesome time!

enchanted_belle

Original Poster
I totally geeked out when you said you were considering being a Newsie! :) I was obsessed with that movie for years, and I got to see the Broadway play in April. Ahhhh-mazing! I was just listnening to the soundtrack this morning.

Good luck with your training - sounds like you are going to have an awesome time!

Can I tell you how in love I am with Jeremy Jordan now?! Ummm, what an amazing Jack! I got to see it in April as well, and we met the cast afterwards... hoping to see the show before Christmas (fingers crossed!) once more, I'm just in love with it.

Ok, Newsie freakout over, I swear... I'm just gonna, you know, put on the soundtrack now. No big deal ;)

Blueskyze

Can I tell you how in love I am with Jeremy Jordan now?! Ummm, what an amazing Jack! I got to see it in April as well, and we met the cast afterwards... hoping to see the show before Christmas (fingers crossed!) once more, I'm just in love with it.

Ok, Newsie freakout over, I swear... I'm just gonna, you know, put on the soundtrack now. No big deal ;)

I agree - he was a GREAT Jack - and I had very high expectations, b/c I loooove Christian Bale! :) I could watch it over and over and over...it's definitely in my top 3 all-time favorite musicals (along with Rent and Wicked).

enchanted_belle

Original Poster
I agree - he was a GREAT Jack - and I had very high expectations, b/c I loooove Christian Bale! :) I could watch it over and over and over...it's definitely in my top 3 all-time favorite musicals (along with Rent and Wicked).

lol, all good musicals (though I would add Beauty and the Beast to the top of that list ;) ). I seriously hope that it's around on Broadway for a long time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom