Reliable Weather Forecasts

Malc

We will be out in WDW for a few weeks in August. It would help our day to day planning if we could obtain reliable long range (5 days or so)weather forecasts whilst we are in Orlando.
Whats the best source - TV, newspaper or.....?
Actually, not sure why I should worry about the weather - its 55F and rain in the UK today - GLORIOUS!!

Malc

Original Poster
Only in passing; you know - its a Leeds team so Im happy to see them do well, but I dont loose any sleep over a defeat. I used to play the other code, I even played against Orrell and Sale from over your side when they were big teams. I have early memories of being eaten alive by Frank Cotton!

Upvote 0

DisneyFreak

Originally posted by marciahahn
I really shouldn't tell you this, but we also have tornadoes. They're not as common in the summer,more often in spring & fall when you have cold air hitting warm, moist air. However, any severe thunderstorm could possibly trigger one. Unfortunately, most people aren't listening to weather when they hit. Watch out for "horizontal" rain and/or hail. That's an indicator that the storm is worse than usual and could spawn a tornado. Also, the sky gets dark (black/grey) with a funny green color. Seek sturdy shelter immediately if you see this happening! (Our neighborhood was hit a couple of years ago; scary! and I also saw all of the above signs while driving on an interstate in South Carolina once. All I could do was follow the lights of the truck in front of me and hope he didn't go off the road. When I got to an exit & motel,I learned that a tornado had passed near me. I had my then 3 month old in the car, so was a nervous wreck!)

Once when we were in Epcot a terrible storm had hit and a tornado was spotted. We were in the Living Seas at the time and they wouldn't let us out until the storm had passed.

Upvote 0

mightyduck

Listen to Marcia. Last week they made the prediction that Marcia just made (hi low to mid 90s, chance of thunderstorm increasing later in the day, etc) and it rained for three straight days....Her guess is probably better than anyone they pay to tell you it will be hot.

Upvote 0

Tramp

When I turn on the weather in Orlando this year, it will be the same as last year and the year before that. The weather forcast never seems to change during the summer....

Hot, Humid, chance of afternoon thunderstorms....

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom