News Reimagined Toontown coming

TP2000

Hmmm I’m a little less confident that Roger is a goner after reading these 3 posts. With that said, “Fun new space” is still odd wording for a ride and it’s odd wording for something that they already announced… unless those plans changed or got more ambitious.

I think they just got over their skis on the Roger and Jessica thing, and had to say something about it before they were ready to.

Jessica Rabbit's She/Her Detective Spin, Presented by London Fog Raincoats will still be a light reworking of the existing ride, but they need to pretend it's something bigger. This is, after all, the company that can force relatively normal executives like Josh D'Amaro to say word soup in public like "share even more magical immersive experiences with our guests". :rolleyes:

TP2000

AstroTurf confirmed. They re not going to let us park strollers on real grass

I honestly don't think those are strollers. They appear to be screens. I'm not up to speed on the Genie+ Lightning Lane thing. Is there still an option that allows you to go to a machine to get a reservation?

SplashJacket

I honestly don't think those are strollers. They appear to be screens. I'm not up to speed on the Genie+ Lightning Lane thing. Is there still an option that allows you to go to a machine to get a reservation?
I am 99% confident these are strollers.

1637023438094.png

Notice the handles here?

1637023446409.png

Notice the mom holding onto the handles while directing her kid to it? Then again, she could just be sacrifing her kid to the great Genie.

1637023482758.png

This man has his arms out, which could mean it's a touch screen, but he's clearly in a walking motion. He wouldn't be walking while interacting with a touch screen. He is clearly walking to park his stroller.

1637023548866.png

TP2000

I am 99% confident these are strollers.

View attachment 600911

Notice the handles here?

View attachment 600912

Notice the mom holding onto the handles while directing her kid to it? Then again, she could just be sacrifing her kid to the great Genie.

View attachment 600913

This man has his arms out, which could mean it's a touch screen, but he's clearly in a walking motion. He wouldn't be walking while interacting with a touch screen. He is clearly walking to park his stroller.

View attachment 600914

You are right! They are strollers!

My God, I just love this community! :D

TP2000

Hopefully they can find a way to find more queue space for the Minnie Meet & Greet to stop it from spilling onto the walkway on busy days.

There was that big alley behind Toontown. Did that get filled in by the Runaway Railway ride building, or could they expand some of the queue space into a new building where the alley was?

October82

I think they re just throwing darts in Burbank. Why refurb the Roger sign at all if when they did if they were planning on not only closing the land temporarily but also retheming and renaming the ride?

Different people handle and budgets apply to refurbishments and major expenditures (like a full retheme).

mickEblu

I think they just got over their skis on the Roger and Jessica thing, and had to say something about it before they were ready to.

Jessica Rabbit's She/Her Detective Spin, Presented by London Fog Raincoats will still be a light reworking of the existing ride, but they need to pretend it's something bigger. This is, after all, the company that can force relatively normal executives like Josh D'Amaro to say word soup in public like "share even more magical immersive experiences with our guests". :rolleyes:

You could be right but I look at that concept art and I just don’t see how Roger fit is in. Especially when you consider how they feel about the IP, how many other more “relevant” or popular IP they can cram in there to sell more merch.

Of course the big hole in my theory is the recent Jessica Rabbit storyline change news but I just have a hard time overlooking the art and the “fun new space” comment. It’s also possible they didn’t like the reaction they got to the Jessica Rabbit storyline.

Last edited:

Disney Analyst

That goes along Disneyland's Galaxy Edge's third ride plot and the sit-down. They could make the path now and then start construction on the plot in a couple of years.
Interesting. I wonder if they'd want to make that space more open village space for a future attraction anyway, so starting a new entrance there could be smart.

Sharon&Susan

There was that big alley behind Toontown. Did that get filled in by the Runaway Railway ride building, or could they expand some of the queue space into a new building where the alley was?
It's still there as of now, and I can't imagine there's a reason why they couldn't move backstage access to where the Tree House used to be especially if the SWGE path turns out to be true.

J4546

I don't know. They already announced the Jessica overlay, but only because they were sloppy enough to start removing her from the ride like the bad girl that she is. (Or that HR thinks she is)

When you look at this overall plan, even with Josh's smarmy announcement, all this really is about is a reworking of Toontown walkways and access points to accomodate a high-capacity E Ticket where none existed. They need to rework the movement of crowds within the land, and thus rework the placement of facilities and infrastructure and access points.

They've dressed it up with some new eye candy, to replace interactive attractions from 1992 that closed almost 20 years ago and have sat unused since then. They've dressed it up with some new landscaping, and reworked entry points to what attractions and rides from 1992 that will remain in 2023.

And they've clearly got some sort of ride still happening in the Roger Rabbit building, while repurposing the abandoned trolley barn next door for additional queue space.

In short, this Toontown Makeover isn't really that big of a deal.

It's a fairly cheap project driven by industrial engineering concerns instead of "immersive new storytelling". And I think Roger Rabbit is safe, although he'll be neutered and morphed into a Jessica-centered storyline that never existed and probably won't be much fun. But at least it will still spin!
really because adding a major e ticket like MMRR and redoing the land around it is kinda a big deal to me

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom