News Reimagined Toontown coming

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
When GE was being developed and advertised as "14 acres" and TSL being enlarged to "11 acres," those number always included the footprint of the rides.

If one were to have outlined on a map what constitutes Toontown, it would have included all its attractions and shops. And now, that outline is bigger due to MMRR.

Also, when the size of a theme park is given, it includes the footprint of all the rides and shops and attractions.

It's an industry standard.

I have never seen a map of a themepark land that only highlighted the pedestrian pathway as being that 'land.'

Is Main Street just the street itself?

yensidtlaw1969

Just as a “for the record” moment, MMRR will keep the same preshow that DHS has. Feel free to take any implications for theming that you’d like.
That does make some sense, since we're traveling from a Cartoon world that looks like this:

1641656128662.png

To a Cartoon world that looks like this:

1641656151737.png

DisneyLostBoy03

Just as a “for the record” moment, MMRR will keep the same preshow that DHS has. Feel free to take any implications for theming that you’d like.
At the 4:48 mark according to DSNY Newscast, the preshow will be a bit different to fit thematically with Toontown. So instead of guests going through a hole in the screen caused by an explosion, they would transform the room and screen itself into the world of the cartoon short with 2 and a half D technology. Is there anyone that can confirm that information to be true?

CaptinEO

I'm excited to see Toontown develop, but I also completely understand where other posters are coming from.

Disney has a history of overselling and underdelivering in their most recent projects (see Pixar Pier, Avengers Campus, Galactic Starcruiser). People are understandably hesitant to believe anything Disney says because you can't trust anything at their word; there's tons of speculation at what might be updated for Toontown (ex. new path to SWGE, modified MMRR ride) but until shovel hits the dirt and we actually start to see what's being built there's no guarantee for any of this to be the case.
I just remembered the Tommorowland entrance that they still haven't finished as well as another item for your list.

CaptinEO

At the 4:48 mark according to DSNY Newscast, the preshow will be a bit different to fit thematically with Toontown. So instead of guests going through a hole in the screen caused by an explosion, they would transform the room and screen itself into the world of the cartoon short with 2 and a half D technology. Is there anyone that can confirm that information to be true?

Can we please stop taking youtubers as a news source? They are just speculators like anyone else.

Magic Feather

I can say with a pretty high confidence level that you will enter a theater for a movie premiere and exit through the screen. Whether thematic elements within that premise are tweaked, I don’t know.

SilentWindODoom

All they are doing is making space for a line for MMRR. There are no new features being added. No new attractions outside of MMRR. It is just crowd control. They aren't fixing Donald's boat to be more interactive. They aren't putting new things in Goofy's house like they did in MK. They might give us a path to GE. The whole thing is a downgrade from what was originally there in the 90s.

True, but what's there now is a downgrade from what was originally there. It seems the most critical feel this is a huge downgrade because of the loss of things that have been gone. But that just kinda feels like complaining about the recent removal of River Country.

It was an honest question but since you asked, who actually thinks that way? When have you ever heard someone mention how big Adventureland is because of Jungle Cruise and Indiana Jones? The vast majority of people view Adventureland as a tiny walkway of a land and think of the borders of any land based on the actual area they can walk around on foot.

I'd actually say outdoor spaces are definitely a part of a land. The interrelated visible areas of Jungle Cruise, former Oasis area, and leadup to Indy in Disneyland seem a part of the land to me. Of course, I've never been West of Houston. That being said, given how central a part of the original land the Jungle Cruise is, I can see it being seen as part of the footprint to some, especially older ones.

But this seems pretty subjective anyway.

Dear Prudence

I don't know why people are excited about this. It looks like a complete downgrade and a pruning of dead areas. We aren't gaining any new features or attractions outside of MMRT. We lose two working fountains for one smaller fountain.
Yeah, like,...on one hand I am glad it's being saved....but we wouldn't be here if they just...took care of it in the first place

Cesar R M

Can we please stop taking youtubers as a news source? They are just speculators like anyone else.
I have a rule, the more "AMAZING, EXCELLENT, IMPOSSIBLE, INCREDIBLE, BEYOND INSANE" buzzwords are used in a video description, the more idiotically, less informed and more speculation thrown as facts pollute the video itself.

Happens a ton in game and PC/console speculators.

BrianLo

I can say with a pretty high confidence level that you will enter a theater for a movie premiere and exit through the screen. Whether thematic elements within that premise are tweaked, I don’t know.

Do you also know if there are added scene(s)?

Edit: *sorry, redundant ask...

Magic Feather

Do you know if DL will have more scenes?
Do you also know if there are added scene(s)?

Edit: *sorry, redundant ask...
At a minimum different configured scenes, but I’m sure the building shape alone makes that obvious. I’m if the ride will tread any entirely new ground though. To be completely honest with you all, I don’t always know too much about what’s going on at DL. WDW really is my home park, but every once in a while I stumble on some details that are very interesting for west coasters. Even though it may not always be in Toontown, it might even be about as far from it as possible, I always try to share Disneyland news when I can.

BrianLo

At a minimum different configured scenes, but I’m sure the building shape alone makes that obvious. I’m if the ride will tread any entirely new ground though. To be completely honest with you all, I don’t always know too much about what’s going on at DL. WDW really is my home park, but every once in a while I stumble on some details that are very interesting for west coasters. Even though it may not always be in Toontown, it might even be about as far from it as possible, I always try to share Disneyland news when I can.

Timber 2.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom