News Regal Eagle Smokehouse: Craft Drafts & Barbecue replacing Liberty Inn

ImperfectPixie

Change in style over the years perhaps?
I don't think so. Two zippered hoodies and two over-the-head sweatshirts. Towel quality has plummeted, too. We have some from the same trip in 2000 and again from 3 years ago. The 20-year-old towels have a little fraying around the edge, but other than that are in great shape and still super thick and soft. The new ones are thin, not as soft, and if they last 5 more years, I'd be really surprised.

MichRX7

Premium Member
I can't believe my granddaughter got my design done in time. If you see someone wearing this next week that'll be me. 😂🤣

Attachments

• received_215770122803485.jpeg
    received_215770122803485.jpeg
    74.2 KB · Views: 213
  • received_934046500331161.jpeg
    received_934046500331161.jpeg
    67.1 KB · Views: 214

RSoxNo1

How apparent is the Muppets theme? It would be typical Disney to slam this area with over the top Muppets theming while PizzeRizzo has it as an afterthought.

MrConbon

My review if anyone cares. I got the beef brisket with mac and cheese as my side. The beef itself was really nice and wasn’t tough at all. The BBQ was just the right amount though personally I could have used a bit more. Though that is easily solved the by option to get more. The Texas toast was probably the biggest downside at it had no crunch at all and was very soggy.

The mac and cheese was incredible and I could have easily have eaten 5 more of the servings. Don’t think I’ve ever had quick service Mac and cheese so good before.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
A little disappointed with the way they have the sausage sandwich presented. Looks like they slapped the links between two slices of bread. Anyone with BBQ knowledge knows you angle slice smoked links unless they are going on a hotdog bun....

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
My review if anyone cares. I got the beef brisket with mac and cheese as my side. The beef itself was really nice and wasn’t tough at all. The BBQ was just the right amount though personally I could have used a bit more. Though that is easily solved the by option to get more. The Texas toast was probably the biggest downside at it had no crunch at all and was very soggy.

The mac and cheese was incredible and I could have easily have eaten 5 more of the servings. Don’t think I’ve ever had quick service Mac and cheese so good before.
I was wondering about the brisket, good to know it's good and not hard and dry. Yesterday, I read a review where the mac and cheese was described as bland, guess it may vary from batch to batch, so hopefully they will keep an eye on consistency.

MrConbon

I was wondering about the brisket, good to know it's good and not hard and dry. Yesterday, I read a review where the mac and cheese was described as bland, guess it may vary from batch to batch, so hopefully they will keep an eye on consistency.
The Mac and cheese definitely stood out from other Mac and cheeses in the parks. I sat outside and it was nighttime so I honestly couldn’t see very well but there was definitely strings of cheese when I lifted my fork. The breadcrumbs added a nice touch as well. Very white opposed to most Mac and cheese which is yellow/orange in color

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
The Mac and cheese definitely stood out from other Mac and cheeses in the parks. I sat outside and it was nighttime so I honestly couldn’t see very well but there was definitely strings of cheese when I lifted my fork. The breadcrumbs added a nice touch as well. Very white opposed to most Mac and cheese which is yellow/orange in color
Sounds yummy, I'll definitely try some next May!

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
A little disappointed with the way they have the sausage sandwich presented. Looks like they slapped the links between two slices of bread. Anyone with BBQ knowledge knows you angle slice smoked links unless they are going on a hotdog bun....
How was the sausage, tastewise?
And yes, I've only seen it angle sliced at BBQ joints.

Horizons78

Grade "A" Funny...
I'm going to head over tomorrow. I believe the smokers aren't actually working right now. The smoke flavor may be liquid smoke. The smokers should be up and running in a couple of weeks.
Smoker at the front will be used on occasion, but the main workhorse is two large smokers in the back

@wdwmagic So, without filling in the blank with something you didn't actually say, are the two smokers in the back up and running Steve?

Was planning on stopping by this Saturday but if they are currently adding flavor out of a bottle of liquid smoke as Len mentioned I'll pass until they get things actually up and cooking.

lentesta

Premium Member
@wdwmagic So, without filling in the blank with something you didn't actually say, are the two smokers in the back up and running Steve?

Was planning on stopping by this Saturday but if they are currently adding flavor out of a bottle of liquid smoke as Len mentioned I'll pass until they get things actually up and cooking.

I could be wrong. I’ll swing by either today or tomorrow and verify. If we see each other, the BBQ is on me.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
It will be interesting to see how well they designed these smokers. With the volume of food they are going to put out they will need to be in use constantly. With Florida winds there could easily be a nice smokey haze and odor in the area if they did not bent out high enough. I love bbq. I hate smelling like bbq the remainder of the day after I have been around where it is cooked.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom