News Regal Eagle Smokehouse: Craft Drafts & Barbecue replacing Liberty Inn

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
"Regal Eagle" is that the for-sure name?

Sounds both dumb, and tone deaf to the history of the USA. It means "Royal Eagle".

A great food/drink concept though. I'm sure, other than the name this will be a winner in every way.
Actually, Disney forgot a "B" on the announcement and ordering of signage.
It was supposed to be "Regal Beagle" ;)

Josh Hendy

Actually, Disney forgot a "B" on the announcement and ordering of signage.
It was supposed to be "Regal Beagle" ;)

Yeah ... I was trying to avoid the Three's Company references 😂

My chief memory of that show is that although it was somewhat popular the critical consensus at the time was, "This is the worst, dumbest sitcom ever made."

And Disney goes out of it's way to remind people of it. Don't tell me ... it was an ABC show?

ImperfectPixie

My chief memory of that show is that although it was somewhat popular the critical consensus at the time was, "This is the worst, dumbest sitcom ever made."

And Disney goes out of it's way to remind people of it. Don't tell me ... it was an ABC show?
Whoever said that must be ready to shoot themselves in the head with some of the shows on the air today. :hilarious:

Castle Cake Apologist

How exactly does Disney go out of its way to remind people of Three's Company? 😂

Josh Hendy

Whoever said that must be ready to shoot themselves in the head with some of the shows on the air today. :hilarious:
I know! Lol ... but at the time ... I remember Time magazine had to make a point of educating people about what "T&A" meant (in Hollywood) and held up Three's Company as the star example. But really ... was Gilligan's Island any better? And Simpsons and Married With Children made people go berserk.

ImperfectPixie

I know! Lol ... but at the time ... I remember Time magazine had to make a point of educating people about what "T&A" meant (in Hollywood) and held up Three's Company as the star example. But really ... was Gilligan's Island any better? And Simpsons and Married With Children made people go berserk.
If memory serves, the censors freaked out when they saw that Ginger and Maryanne's belly buttons would show and wouldn't approve the show until they were covered. BELLY BUTTONS.

And on I Love Lucy, Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz HAD to ensure that the bedroom had two twin beds.

Ponderer

"Regal Eagle" is that the for-sure name?

Sounds both dumb, and tone deaf to the history of the USA. It means "Royal Eagle".

Though if Sam the Eagle is indeed the actual mascot for the restaurant, that is the literal image that comes to mind when I think of a regal eagle.

1580789078460.jpeg

Magenta Panther

How is this regal? Sam is clearly not a monarchist nor is anything in that image.

True. It's a caricature of patriotism. And I bet this dumb idea came from the same idiot who saw the YouTube video of a rat dragging a piece of pizza down a flight of stairs in NYC and thought "By gum, that video is popular! Let's build a rat pizza restaurant and use one of the ugliest, most obnoxious Muppets as its mascot!" How'd that work out?

Movielover

True. It's a caricature of patriotism. And I bet this dumb idea came from the same idiot who saw the YouTube video of a rat dragging a piece of pizza down a flight of stairs in NYC and thought "By gum, that video is popular! Let's build a rat pizza restaurant and use one of the ugliest, most obnoxious Muppets as its mascot!" How'd that work out?
1580810672324.png

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
I would use definition 2 from Merriam-Webster:

2. : of notable excellence or magnificence : SPLENDID
Which is kind of funny and ironic when you think about it, I don't see myself looking very "regal" while eating ribs and licking my fingers, (which I'll do!). 😄

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom