News Refurbishment coming soon to Disney's Polynesian Village Resort - Moana details to be included

SpaceMountain77

Given the contemporary, “white and bright” room movement, I fear the loss of the 1950s tiki kitsch and something like this for the Pacific Ocean color palette:
73048CFF-5FAA-40AA-8195-D8B250C6D4A9.jpeg

Communicora

Premium Member
Could someone please point me to photos of the current rooms? I keep thinking I've found them but they turn out to be the DVC studios.

Flynnwriter

I’m worried that the local hospitality design company doing the rooms has no taste or integrity. The DVC rooms are beautifully done! (Not the same company)

_caleb

Riverrafter21

Don't forget, most of that furniture was recently seen in an Orlando thrift store last month.
Which is good, as some of the furniture looked a little beat up on our last stay. Hopefully they make some similar decor choices.

I know the video on that channel is not the most recent, I just enjoy not hearing 5 minutes of intro or begging to smash that "like" button

JoeCamel

They must be replacing them. They are iconic and a motif carried though out the resort. I wouldn’t be surprised if they replaced them with powder coated metal beams.
The beams are steel padded out with wood to make them look all wood. I would expect a cosmetic facelift and painting before half are reinstalled. Also seems the tails land close to the station roof so no wonders why they are being taken down.

@_caleb , they are steel I beams
"Shout out to @lazyboy97o for not losing his mind with everyone here calling those rafter thingies "beams."

LastoneOn

I'm happy to see those rafters go. They were just decorative, anyway. Without them, the Polynesian looks like an Econo Lodge. And who doesn't love an Econo Lodge?
From the website:
Free coffee every morning.
REFRIGERATORS IN EVERY ROOM!!!!!
Free Wi Fi
Free Premium Movie Channel
Free Easy Starts Continental breakfast

Refrigerators people. In every room Econolodge Don't have to reserve them, they're JUST THERE!
FREE EVERY ROOM
FREE BREAKFAST
FREE COFFEE
FREE PREMIUM MOVIES

TrainsOfDisney

From the website:
Free coffee every morning.
REFRIGERATORS IN EVERY ROOM!!!!!
Free Wi Fi
Free Premium Movie Channel
Free Easy Starts Continental breakfast

Refrigerators people. In every room Econolodge Don't have to reserve them, they're JUST THERE!
FREE EVERY ROOM
FREE BREAKFAST
FREE COFFEE
FREE PREMIUM MOVIES
Do the deluxes not have refrigerators? Values and moderates do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom