News Refurbishment coming soon to Disney's Polynesian Village Resort - Moana details to be included

Dr.GrantSeeker

Is it thought that Trader Sam's will remain closed during this entire refurbishment? The bar is small but they could do reservations only. Really was hoping to enjoy an evening at TS during my December trip!

DisneyOutsider

Is it thought that Trader Sam's will remain closed during this entire refurbishment? The bar is small but they could do reservations only. Really was hoping to enjoy an evening at TS during my December trip!
Capacity is so low inside Trader Sam's as it is that I can't see it being worth the operating costs to serve a Covid-19 capacity. Would be nice if they opened the Terrace. Tambu lounge is open now as well.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I would expect it to remain closed

Thelazer

Capacity is so low inside Trader Sam's as it is that I can't see it being worth the operating costs to serve a Covid-19 capacity. Would be nice if they opened the Terrace. Tambu lounge is open now as well.

The amount of Money they made in such a small space... I'm shocked it ISN'T open already!

DisneyOutsider

Can someone explain what is the weird piles sticking out randomly from the roof area in this concept art? To me it looks unfinished and messy.
I believe you're referring to the beams, some of which are currently being removed in the photos posted in this thread, and have always been there in some form.
The amount of Money they made in such a small space... I'm shocked it ISN'T open already!
I'm not surprised to see it still closed. It's pretty straightforward, really. It's exactly the sort of environment you don't want to be in right now.

UNCgolf

I believe you're referring to the beams, some of which are currently being removed in the photos posted in this thread, and have always been there in some form.
I'm not surprised to see it still closed. It's pretty straightforward, really. It's exactly the sort of environment you don't want to be in right now.

I thought the same thing, but it points to a serious flaw in the concept art -- eliminating so many crossbeams makes it look terrible. They'd be better off having no crossbeams at all than leaving just a handful with huge gaps.

DisneyOutsider

I thought the same thing, but it points to a serious flaw in the concept art -- eliminating so many crossbeams makes it look terrible. They'd be better off having no crossbeams at all than leaving just a handful with huge gaps.
Meh, it looks different.. don't think there's enough there to say whether it looks bad.. it's not like the previous feature had any sort of strict architectural integrity. One could argue that it was a little too busy for the building it adorned.

As someone who's invested in this resort in several ways, If the final product delivers relative to the concept art I'll be pretty pleased.

Bocabear

Without the roof crossbeams, it is a flat roofed low rectangular brown box... The crossbeams which are visible from a great distance give the building shape and style....Without them, there is just not much there.

UNCgolf

Meh, it looks different.. don't think there's enough there to say whether it looks bad.. it's not like the previous feature had any sort of strict architectural integrity. One could argue that it was a little too busy for the building it adorned.

As someone who's invested in this resort in several ways, If the final product delivers relative to the concept art I'll be pretty pleased.

Without the roof crossbeams, it is a flat roofed low rectangular brown box... The crossbeams which are visible from a great distance give the building shape and style....Without them, there is just not much there.

I know -- that's the problem. It needs the crossbeams for definition, but without the density it just looks like something random stuck on top. They no longer look like they're supposed to be part of the building's roof.

Who knows what it will look like when it's finished, but I don't think removing that many crossbeams is a good idea.

nickys

Premium Member
Thanks!

There’s the cross beams but then there’s the horizontal poles / beams / roof bits - but they’re all different lengths. It all just looks so messy IMO. Either it’s always looked like that with the ends and I’ve never noticed (entirely possible) or the removal of the cross beams have left it more noticeable.

nicb88

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
All the 80's kids during this renovation and shift to Moana.

1603471618254.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom