News Refurbishment coming soon to Disney's Polynesian Village Resort - Moana details to be included

seanjclarke

Because there’s no demand for $550 rooms...they won’t sell them to “peasants” for $300...

And just like “5th park” debate...the hotels are cannibalizing themselves. No sense in selling 40% of 3 spots when you can have 60% of two. Lost overhead.

But they have to regret making half the resort DVC and still having to keep the lobby and a few restaurants/stores staffed. They’re missing out on big savings by not shuttering the entire resort.

Surely this will lead to more “stand alone” DVC resorts and less cannibalizing existing hotels to convert to DVC. **If/when they build future DVC

MrHappy

So filtering out this thread for information:
The room refurb will most likely be paint and textiles. The GCH will also be paint, textiles, maybe some props, maybe some signage - not enough time for any significant updates. Monorail platform area will be redesigned (I'm guessing more room and a rework of the security area - I'm sure they don't want it backing into the building on busy mornings).

I'm wondering the condition of the GCH during the refurb. Will the front desk be open and functioning (I guess with online check in, who cares - but where will I go to complain about things). And will Kona, Capt's, Grogs continue to be open? Will Ohana open up even if this refurb is going on? Shops?

I'll be DVC checking in May 1st. I'd like to know these things!

nicb88

Surely this will lead to more “stand alone” DVC resorts and less cannibalizing existing hotels to convert to DVC. **If/when they build future DVC

I think once the corona dust settles, the risk is more that they convert entire resorts to DVC. I am a DVC member but I wouldn’t like this for the sake of everyone who isn’t. These resorts should be for everyone!

GLM

Sorry.. I was talking about early December this year. Had a reservation for Savannah Club level at AKL..it was changed to Polynesian theme park club level and now its not gonna be open. I know club wasn't gonna happen but the 3 options offered were terrible. I looked online and very little availability the week I want at any open hotel. Probably won't go.

Amused to Death

Here's a photo of a test they were doing outside of a small block of rooms last October:

Poly Carpet Test.jpg

Looks "trippy!" 😵 🤣

icc2515

But they have to regret making half the resort DVC and still having to keep the lobby and a few restaurants/stores staffed. They’re missing out on big savings by not shuttering the entire resort.

DVC owners will flip the entire bill now for keeping what is left of the resort running. That's the way that DVC works and why they added DVC to all the deluxe resorts. Now that they have closed the resort to all but DVC they can definitely justify raising the maint fees. They can even prove the expenses "Look nothing but DVC was open and here is how much it cost to run the place." Of course they would never show us the books, but they could justify it if sued.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
I remember a while back it seemed Disney was going down the path of un-Disney-izing resorts cause it polled/surveyed better.

CSR got the treatment and the Riviera build as well. Still subtle references but not over the top

I wonder if this ends up as a Royal Pacific type thing with subtle Moana hints.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom