News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

This is more than just a perfect sightline hindered.
This is a huge amount of industrial looking clutter that ruins the whole theme of the area.
I guess for me the idea is I know it’s for what I think and hope will be for a fantastic nighttime spectacular so it has a purpose and I can say not attractive but totally worth. Ends justify the means I guess in my mind?

Vinnie Mac

It's not HarmonioUS anymore, just Harmonious, or HARMONIOUS.

Unless you're one of the cool kids that still boasts how you still call Disney Hollywood Studios "MGM" (which wasn't it's full name to begin with), then you can still use HarmonioUS.

;)
I've slowly (but not fully) grown out of calling HS "MGM" but if it makes you feel any better, I still often say Downtown Disney instead of Disney Springs 😂

Vinnie Mac

Good luck avoiding spoilers unless you don't have any social media accounts. I have accepted that I will have to watch it on it's debut from YouTube even though we have a planned trip in December.
Yeah. My family and I are either going in October or November. If we are going in October then I could probably keep myself from watching any spoilers. If we are going in November then I don't think I will have the mental capacity to wait another month 😂.

Either way I'll probably just slip up and watch it anyway🤷🏾

TTA94

One thing we haven’t seen in the preview videos is the spot light beams from the arms like the concept art. Or was that a failed effect? Sadly I think the majority of the lighting effects and lasers wont be to noticeable unless there is enough pyro smoke.

Vinnie Mac

One thing we haven’t seen in the preview videos is the spot light beams from the arms like the concept art. Or was that a failed effect? Sadly I think the majority of the lighting effects and lasers wont be to noticeable unless there is enough pyro smoke.
Do you think it's possible that same effects weren't included in the popular June test? I also noticed we couldn't see lasers in that testing so idk if what they showed was the FULL package.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Indeed. In fact the whole lighting setup seems weak compared to what we were expecting. Hard to judge from testing and outside the park, so we'll see.

hpyhnt 1000

The lasers were not available in June, and have still not returned to EPCOT Forever.
Should we be worried about that at this point? I'm all for upgrades but it is odd to have this long a gap considering they got a pretty big upgrade in the final years of IllumiNations, and that was accomplished without interrupting RoE. There was the one preview video which showed the manta ray effect from the AA laser, so maybe they've just been very good at keeping the new programming secret?

It would be nice to have them working in EPCOT Forever because there's some obvious show gaps without them.

TTA94

Indeed. In fact the whole lighting setup seems weak compared to what we were expecting. Hard to judge from testing and outside the park, so we'll see.

Yeah you’d think, and we did, that all those lights on each barge would be impressive. Hopefully Disney deliberately released crappy images and videos that isn’t showing us the final look🤞.

TTA94

Should we be worried about that at this point? I'm all for upgrades but it is odd to have this long a gap considering they got a pretty big upgrade in the final years of IllumiNations, and that was accomplished without interrupting RoE. There was the one preview video which showed the manta ray effect from the AA laser, so maybe they've just been very good at keeping the new programming secret?

It would be nice to have them working in EPCOT Forever because there's some obvious show gaps without them.

Yeah I’m worried to. I guess it’s possible they’ll flip the switch on all lasers around property on the 1st, but we’ll see.

Thelazer

When you do renderings, and you make it super foggy, those light beams look great.
Same thing as that water that is supposed to hide the barges in the day time......

CrashNet

The videos make it look like the budget was cut midway through, and considering last year I would not be surprised if that was the case. Their focus became finishing the barges, the must haves, and scrapping upgrades to things like the pavilions, spots, etc. With all of the upgrades to the MK hub, I was hoping they would have taken advantage of the vast space available to modernize those effects.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom