News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

SoFloMagic

Exactly! I'm not getting the "Possible Soft Open" talk from other Sites. With Harm right when Epcot closes, It's no different than ROE/EF!
Yep. They're not going to announce it. It opens 10/1 for those who read official sources.

I think the big question is if they run it 9/30 too. Id guess yes.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Cast Member blockout calendar, FWIW.

1632495328737.png
1632495358844.png

Vinnie Mac

Nice seeing some normalcy isn't it?
It really is!

Ironic we're talking about normalcy because later tonight my family and I are taking my little brother to his first Disney On Ice tonight. First time any of us have been to an arena event since the pandemic started!

DCBaker

Premium Member
Additional details -

"EPCOT guests gathering on the shores of World Showcase Lagoon are treated to a magnificent cultural symphony, dramatizing the unifying power of story and song. On this musical journey around the planet …
  • “Harmonious” opens with an inspiring medley of “How Far I’ll Go” from “Moana” and “Go the Distance” from “Hercules” performed by “American Idol” finalist and three-time GRAMMY® nominee Danny Gokey, along with vocalists Elisha Garrett and Ninet Tayeb.
  • The Ndlovu Youth Choir from Johannesburg contributes a medley of favorites from “The Lion King,” performed in both English and Zulu.
  • “Dig a Little Deeper” from “The Princess and the Frog” features vocalist Bryson Camper and legendary gospel artists Karen Clark Sheard and Kierra Sheard.
  • French pop singer Damien Sargue performs “Out There” from “The Hunchback of Notre Dame.”
  • Songs from Disney and Pixar’s “Coco” get a rousing pan-Latin sendup from award-winning Puerto Rican artist Luis Fonsi, responsible for several global hits including “Despacito,” and award-winning Mexican singer/songwriter Joy.
  • Disney and Pixar’s “Brave” receives a Celtic kick from GRAMMY®- and Emmy®-nominated violinistMáiréad Nesbitt and platinum-selling electronic artist, violinist and multi-talented entertainer Lindsey Stirling.
  • Musical selections from “Mulan,” “The Jungle Book” and “Aladdin” are highlighted by the vocal talents of Wang Liuqi, Hollie Hammel, Aditya Rao, Gaayatri Kaundinya, Jorgie Shkara and Sanaa Marahati.
“Harmonious” closes the curtain for each EPCOT day with the show’s hopeful message of the magic that happens when people join together. As it draws to a close, the inspiring ballad “Someday” (from “The Hunchback of Notre Dame”) combines with the new EPCOT theme from composer Pinar Toprak to unite the people of the world in hope and promise found throughout the park every day."

Screen Shot 2021-09-24 at 1.18.18 PM.png

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
More details -

"EPCOT guests gathering on the shores of World Showcase Lagoon are treated to a magnificent cultural symphony, dramatizing the unifying power of story and song. On this musical journey around the planet …
  • “Harmonious” opens with an inspiring medley of “How Far I’ll Go” from “Moana” and “Go the Distance” from “Hercules” performed by “American Idol” finalist and three-time GRAMMY® nominee Danny Gokey, along with vocalists Elisha Garrett and Ninet Tayeb.
  • The Ndlovu Youth Choir from Johannesburg contributes a medley of favorites from “The Lion King,” performed in both English and Zulu.
  • “Dig a Little Deeper” from “The Princess and the Frog” features vocalist Bryson Camper and legendary gospel artists Karen Clark Sheard and Kierra Sheard.
  • French pop singer Damien Sargue performs “Out There” from “The Hunchback of Notre Dame.”
  • Songs from Disney and Pixar’s “Coco” get a rousing pan-Latin sendup from award-winning Puerto Rican artist Luis Fonsi, responsible for several global hits including “Despacito,” and award-winning Mexican singer/songwriter Joy.
  • Disney and Pixar’s “Brave” receives a Celtic kick from GRAMMY®- and Emmy®-nominated violinistMáiréad Nesbitt and platinum-selling electronic artist, violinist and multi-talented entertainer Lindsey Stirling.
  • Musical selections from “Mulan,” “The Jungle Book” and “Aladdin” are highlighted by the vocal talents of Wang Liuqi, Hollie Hammel, Aditya Rao, Gaayatri Kaundinya, Jorgie Shkara and Sanaa Marahati.
“Harmonious” closes the curtain for each EPCOT day with the show’s hopeful message of the magic that happens when people join together. As it draws to a close, the inspiring ballad “Someday” (from “The Hunchback of Notre Dame”) combines with the new EPCOT theme from composer Pinar Toprak to unite the people of the world in hope and promise found throughout the park every day."

View attachment 588912

"Someday" from Hunchback is the show's finale?! Wonder how they will make that song a traditional, feel-good, uplifting finale, given how dramatic it is (especially in the context of the stage musical)...

As heard in the stage musical, sung by Esmeralda (Ciara Renée) and Phoebus (Andrew Samonsky):

Last edited:

Vinnie Mac

"Someday" from Hunchback is the show's finale?! Wonder how they will make that song a traditional, feel-good, uplifting finale, given how dramatic it is (especially in the context of the stage musical)...

As heard in the stage musical, sung by Esmeralda (Ciara Renée) and Phoebus (Andrew Samonsky):

I'm kind of imagining it and I can kinda see the vision Disney has. The first linked song is used for after the show and as people leave EPCOT and the second is used for the actual show?

Vinnie Mac

I have never seen Hunchback before therefore this is my first time hearing "Someday".

That was quite moving. I don't know how it will be compared to We Go On but if done right, I could definitely see it as a great close for the show.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
I'm kind of imagining it and I can kinda see the vision Disney has. The first linked song is used for after the show and as people leave EPCOT and the second is used for the actual show?
The first one was used during the film's credits, I think. The second one (and the one below, the finale) is how it is done in the US stagings of the musical.

Someday (Reprise) comes in at 1:14 and ends at around 2:59. I'm assuming that they had this choral version in mind for Harmonious' finale instead of the ballad version with Esmeralda and Phoebus.

dreday3

The first one was used during the film's credits, I think. The second one (and the one below, the finale) is how it is done in the US stagings of the musical.

Someday (Reprise) comes in at 1:14 and ends at around 2:59. I'm assuming that they had this choral version in mind for Harmonious' finale instead of the ballad version with Esmeralda and Phoebus.

This is one of my favorite songs!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom