News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

TTA94

There was apparently a invitation only special event for select travel professionals in Epcot 8/10 that involved what looked like a set-up similar to a Corporate Event Package with food (mainly desserts) and drinks including alcohol hostes lagoon-side in front of Italy. It included fireworks viewing. The individual that posted mentions it was a “thank you” and a way for Disney to practice the return of dessert parties.

What I found most interesting is the available selection of alcohol available was far beyond a single signature cocktail and the location used.

Could we expect to hear a return of dessert parties sooner than we think? Whenever they do make a return, could we see a move of the dessert party viewing location back to Italy? Or, is this not the dessert party as we know it and just Corporate Events practicing for their fireworks viewing package grand debut (which had been previously mentioned those opened a few months back with dates as early as October) and they kept it simple with just serving desserts?

Anyone that may have any additional info?

Post/Information was found on Facebook using #disneydessertparty or #epcotdessertparty

Something Disney will announce or will reservations just quietly go on sale?

DreamfinderGuy

Zach Riddley confirmed the torches aren't going anywhere and will be a part of Harmonious. I know the insiders talked about this ages ago, but this is the first I recall Disney saying anything on it officially.
I hope they have some sort of relevance in the show and they're not just used for some kind of lighting effect. Without Torch 20, they hold no significance the way they were intended, and their presence in EPCOT Forever is just for a "Remember when the torches meant something?" moment.

zoso

Not gonna lie, went to Epcot the other day and the barges didn’t bother me after a while. I’m sure the show is gonna be stunning.

I do wonder if it would’ve been possible to do a world of color style of show that keeps the magic hidden in the water instead of giant badges

TTA94

Yep. That’s the two for this week.

I do love the perimeters in the finale but otherwise the finale feels weak compared to EF. Lack of high pyro is what it appears. Also I hope the lighting looks better or more visable than it did in the pics Disney released. I know smoke or fog will help that, same with other park show lighting and lasers.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I do love the perimeters in the finale but otherwise the finale feels weak compared to EF. Lack of high pyro is what it appears. Also I hope the lighting looks better or more visable than it did in the pics Disney released. I know smoke or fog will help that, same with other park show lighting and lasers.
I don’t think the full finale has been run for a while. It does have plenty of high pyro.

I’ll just say when seen properly it’s a fitting finale.

Vinnie Mac

Harmonious production team: How many perimeters do you want for the finale?
Disney:
1628799990527.gif

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Harmonious has a more powerful finale than EF by quite a big margin.

TTA94

Better than RoE? Big shoes to fill there in more ways than one lol. Hopefully it comes with a powerful soundtrack and finale song.

Anxious to see which show will have the more impressive soundtrack, Harmonious or Enchantment.

Vinnie Mac

(Risking my life here) I'd dare even say that pyro wise, the finale might even rival Illuminations. Better? Eh. At the same level? In my opinion yes.

But the soundtrack is what's really gonna top it off. Hopefully it's good. No, hopefully it's GREAT.

Vinnie Mac

Better than RoE? Big shoes to fill there in more ways than one lol. Hopefully it comes with a powerful soundtrack and finale song.

Anxious to see which show will have the more impressive soundtrack, Harmonious or Enchantment.
HarmonioUS might have the better soundtrack but Enchantment might bring more emotions with its soundtrack. I don't know why and I'm basing this off of literally no evidence whatsoever but I keep assuming that Enchantment is gonna be some type of Wishes type show. I'm either gonna be right or hilariously wrong lol.

Vinnie Mac

You think the stargate will rotate so all guests get to see it? Take another hit.
I'm not 100% skilled in my own primary language (and sometimes it shows) but I really don't see how "I love pessimism" translates to "I think the stargate will rotate so all guest get to see it. I'm going to hit you"

I could be wrong but let me know if that is how it translated.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I'm not 100% skilled in my own primary language (and sometimes it shows) but I really don't see how "I love pessimism" translates to "I think the stargate will rotate so all guest get to see it. I'm going to hit you"

I could be wrong but let me know if that is how it translated.

You honestly believe that a non-rotating central stargate will mean everyone around WSL will get the same views and show experience?

Vinnie Mac

You honestly believe that a non-rotating central stargate will mean everyone around WSL will get the same views and show experience?
If you can please show me where I said anything of the sort I'd be pleased. You won't get the same experience with any show over the lagoon whether that's Illuminations, Epcot Forever, or HarmonioUS. There has and always will be better or worse viewing spots.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom