News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

TTA94

@marni1971 If your allowed to comment, The lights they have been testing must be from the barges, no? I’m wondering if what we have been seeing is actually all of them? If I had to guess maybe one of the barges? Each barge and arms have a ton of moving lights lol.

Father Robinson

Obviously Whole New World had a double meaning. Much like the oft out of context quote from Walt.

Projections were out of the scope of the project a) being a stop gap and b) allowing work to continue on the lagoon.

The voices... yep. Original plan was for figment to narrate.
Right, I knew what they were going for w WNW as soon as I heard it. Was painful.

Too bad about non projection capability.

And good grief, knowing what could've been...

Father Robinson

I actually think many portions of the soundtrack pretty beautifully blend classic and modern Epcot themes. It just fizzles at the end.

The show is honestly more appropriate for the 50th than HarmoniUs, I think. And tacos and donuts are my favorite foods.
I wonder (and I'm sure there are plenty here who can confirm) if the tacos themselves would've been able to be stored backstage. Seems like the biggest problem is the non-moving, non-spinning uncentered stargate barge.

Father Robinson

Just from the few videos I've seen so far, it's obvious this show has a LOT more pyro than ROE. And if the actual number of shells is close to or maybe even a little less somehow, one thing's for sure, there's a lot more aerial fireworks. So that combined with the usual water level pyro is going to make an enormous amount of smoke. It was bad enough some nights w ROE. On the nights where there's no wind and the dense humidity keeps the smoke pretty stagnant, you're not going to be able to breathe in certain areas and most definitely not going to be able to see all the effects clearly if at all. They better update the weather channel app to show wind direction at showtime!

Last edited:

TTA94

Just from the few videos I've seen so far, it's obvious this show has a LOT more pyro than ROE. And if the actual number of shells is close to or maybe even a little less somehow, one thing's for sure, there's a lot more aerial fireworks. So that combined with the usual water level pyro is going to make an enormous amount of smoke. It was bad enough some nights w ROE. On the nights where there's no wind and the dense humidity keeps the smoke pretty stagnant, you're not going to be able to breathe in certain areas and most definitely not going to be able to see all the effects clearly if at all. They better update the weather channel app to show wind direction at showtime!

I agree. The smoke does enhance the lighting though, but even with HEA it’s hit or miss depending on how much smoke and wind. Of course weather conditions help with the lighting to, like last nights testing. But then fireworks and being able to see the screens will be difficult.

culturenthrills

after seeing multiple videos, i am wondering if there are new perimeter launch locations for this show? ROE had 3 lagoon perimeter launches during the show. This one has multiple perimeter launches. Did they add them to the pavillion roofs? Trying to figure it out.

jrhwdw

after seeing multiple videos, i am wondering if there are new perimeter launch locations for this show? ROE had 3 lagoon perimeter launches during the show. This one has multiple perimeter launches. Did they add them to the pavillion roofs? Trying to figure it out.
TDO added 6 more launches to each Seaside Spot so there' now 9, I hope that make sense.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
This will explain

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I'm sorry but I give up. Who else would do that? Some team at Epcot that's not under the TDO Brand??
TDO is more the corporate, running operationally side of things. This is more creative from WDI / local WDI / Entertainment under Davidson and Tucker.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I actually think many portions of the soundtrack pretty beautifully blend classic and modern Epcot themes. It just fizzles at the end.

The show is honestly more appropriate for the 50th than HarmoniUs, I think. And tacos and donuts are my favorite foods.

For me, the music is too jarring - Start a song, 12 seconds, stop. Start a song, 12 seconds, stop. Nothing is given time to breathe or develop. It’s as if a 12 year old designed the flow and pace of the show. I get it, it’s a temporary show in every sense of the word (even for Disney), but a few improvements would have made a lot of difference.

Didn’t really care for it the first time I saw it in 2019, outside of the kites which were really cool, and nothing improved the second time I saw it in early 2020. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom