News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

danv3

Follow up to the question above. I assume the stargate screen is static so this is going to create the same bottleneck projections on the castle does. Where a bunch of people try to pack into one area? The area previously used for Illuminations dessert parties will be the prime viewing location if you want to see the image on the water. Best design element of Illuminations was that it truly was theatre in the round, while this is more a half shell or even less as you won't be able to view the projection on the water screen from China across to Morocco. Unless the 4 tacos are just showing the same imagery?

Haven't read much of this thread, so apologies if it's all been covered before.
Assume that the one or two good viewing spots will be $$$$. The next couple OK spots will be $$.

Leftovers for the plebs.

TTA94

Yes and that whole positing is very odd. One side is facing the theater at American adventure so the prime spot is lost from that side, and the other side is frequently used for events.

I believe one version of the show had the thing rotating. Really though, this was a lesson learned long ago that shows need 360 degree vis at EPCOT.

Any idea why they change versions? Budget? Not Covid since we know it barges were being constructed before the pandemic hit.

trainplane3

Yes and that whole positing is very odd. One side is facing the theater at American adventure so the prime spot is lost from that side, and the other side is frequently used for events.

I believe one version of the show had the thing rotating. Really though, this was a lesson learned long ago that shows need 360 degree vis at EPCOT.
That's what gets me. For all the tech in this show, the lack of 360 viewing of the central barge is confusing. Yes we have screens to look at but people will continue to see the central barge.

I just have so many questions about this entire project.

flynnibus

Premium Member

In 2022... all night time entertainment will be enjoyed on your smartphone anyway ;)

ABQ

Assume that the one or two good viewing spots will be $$$$. The next couple OK spots will be $$.

Leftovers for the plebs.
Oh I'm certain of that. Good thing projection stuff and cartoons on water don't do much for me, so I'll be pleased to watch the fireworks from the cheap seats.

Naplesgolfer

Ok, I am not a fan of how the Harmonious set pieces look in the lake. But I think this show could really wow us. The list of effects and the rumored about of pyro is promising. I am looking forward to it.

junglecruise93

With all of the gearing and mechanical work we see in the arms as they are being tested and based on the size and layout of the base of the stargate, I am betting it turns - especially when the corner arms are extended back and around in RoE mode that we saw a week or so ago.

TTA94

The arms on the center barge and the arms on the 4 peripheral barges (aka taco barges) rotate. However, the center does not rotate. It’s in position and isn’t moving unless the barge moves, which we all know that’s not happening anytime soon.

View attachment 563014

Unless somehow the center barge does something different than we are expecting. Which I doubt. Maybe the fountains on the arms will create a water screen all around the center barge?

James Alucobond

I‘m hoping they’ve installed a Klingon cloaking device that will make the whole damn thing disappear. But I doubt it.
Just dig a subterranean lagoon with an appropriately lenticularly distorted version of everything underneath it, surround Harmonious with a glass cone, and Pepper's ghost the whole thing. Blocking the sun may also be necessary but shouldn't prove too difficult. Simpsons did it.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom