News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

jrhwdw

Think they might be testing tonight?

Since Epcot is open until 11 I’m wondering when they will do it? Id say around 11:30 if they want it done by midnight, but that may be tricky to get all guests out by 11:30.
Saw the Barges on another site(not TC)this morning. No dates of testing/Resort Hotel Notices yet. Will we know the testing dates? Or will it be "Right Place, Right Time" for someone to see something?

TTA94

Kinda hope Uni builds a new nighttime show at IOA that crushes this show lol. Oh wait they already have one at Uni. A mini WoC! Hahah.

TTA94

Hopefully in another 5 years or once they feel they got their money’s worth of the Tacos and the Stargate, Harmonious gets replaced with something more like World of Color. Which they should have done in the first place, just like Rivers of Light. I don’t understand it. WoC is very popular. Why wouldn’t they want to do something similar that they know will be popular, plus on a much larger scale.

Magic Feather

Hopefully in another 5 years or once they feel they got their money’s worth of the Tacos and the Stargate, Harmonious gets replaced with something more like World of Color. Which they should have done in the first place, just like Rivers of Light. I don’t understand it. WoC is very popular. Why wouldn’t they want to do something similar that they know will be popular, plus on a much larger scale.
5 years isn't long enough for ROI on the Harmonious show tech. At best, we can hope that the content is low rated and that gets swapped.

WoC is very dependent on being viewed from one angle. No Venue in WDW, especially not the 360 degree WS Lagoon, os really capable of accommodating that.

TTA94

5 years isn't long enough for ROI on the Harmonious show tech. At best, we can hope that the content is low rated and that gets swapped.

WoC is very dependent on being viewed from one angle. No Venue in WDW, especially not the 360 degree WS Lagoon, os really capable of accommodating that.

Thats true. and mist screens wouldn’t work well with the wind going across the lagoon.

UNCgolf

There's no chance they're out there temporarily at this point, even if insiders hadn't already shot down the notion. They've been anchored and connected to electricity etc.

People should stop having any hope that that happens; they're not moving.

owlsandcoffee

All they need to do, is remember that these CAN be brought out from backstage nightly.. may take a few more hands on the deck, may take a little longer lift bridge.. but it COULD be done.. that would really solve all the concerns I think.

It's possible but dear god that sounds like a huge amount of work. I mean you'd probably have 1.5 hours to move the things in, then testing every night to make sure that nothing is failing because of the move, then if something broke you need to leave in time for repair.

I'm not trying to dunk on you. I just think people really need to expect these things to be there for however long HarmonioUS stays. Which knowing WDI will probably be until next February when they find out a barge has been irreparably damaged or something.

wutisgood

They could use enough water screens to make it viewable from everywhere the problem is world of color is all about density of the fountains and the lagoon is too big for that. They would need to make the show something more like bellagio for it to make sense.

The lagoon is always to me going to be best suited for a pyro focused show. The fact that it is large enough to accominate the level of pyro it does is a strength of epcot most places do not have. A world of color like show should have been in animal kingdom where they are unable to have pyro due to the animals.

jrhwdw

It's possible but dear god that sounds like a huge amount of work. I mean you'd probably have 1.5 hours to move the things in, then testing every night to make sure that nothing is failing because of the move, then if something broke you need to leave in time for repair.

I'm not trying to dunk on you. I just think people really need to expect these things to be there for however long HarmonioUS stays. Which knowing WDI will probably be until next February when they find out a barge has been irreparably damaged or something.
IDK if any locals sat around WSL all day but how long did ROE's setup take? ROE would be brought onto WSL every day. Granted the bridge might need to be up a little longer for the Stargate and Tacos.....but, might Stargate's arms fit under the bridge? The pyro barges always fit under I believe.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom