News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

Disney Analyst

Okay let’s get real for a moment:

They were likely running a fountain test with fountains not adjusted to appropriate levels yet, probably just pressure tests and checking that flow is happening; hence the mist.

I think it’s safe to assume to day fountains will be running at a lower pressure point to create the water arches etc. I would expect some mist from the fan nozzles.

I also think the lower pressure will result in the barges being relatively visible, unless they also turn on the mist nozzles during the day.

Amused to Death

With the Florida heat, the mist will be welcome relief... and an upcharge to stand in it.

I can see the Mickey poncho photo ops now... 💦 😂

HarMISTonUS Photo Op.jpg

mightynine

INT: AN EXECUTIVE OFFICE AT THE WALT DISNEY COMPANY, BURBANK, CA.

In walks the CEO of the Walt Disney Company, who has decided to come in to the office despite many others working from home. On the way to his office, he finds himself dodging around boxes of 2020 dated merchandise from DISNEYLAND, and wonders why these items have yet to be sent to outlet stores east of the Mississippi River. He settles down in front of his computer for a Zoom call with his lead IMAGINEER on a project to reinvent one of its theme parks in ORLANDO, FL.

CEO
Another day, another Disney dollar....​

The CEO whistles a melody from one of the company's many intellectual properties, idly wondering if the tune can be featured in one of the theme park's nighttime spectaculars, thus making it "more Disney". He clicks "Join" on the Zoom meeting.

IMAGINEER
#Goodmorning, Mr. C! It's a #greatbigbeautifultomorrow today!​

The CEO shakes his head and wonders why the IMAGINEER sometimes speaks in riddles, though he guesses it fits his name.

CEO
Good morning, Mr. Riddler...uh, sorry, minds in a million places. Trying to decide if I should sign a long-term lease at my new condo....

IMAGINEER
Tough call. I always ask myself #WhatwouldWaltDo? And then I usually ignore it!

CEO
Hunh, decent advice. Anyway, hoping to get an update on our new nighttime spectacular at Magic Kingdom+....sorry, EPCOT. Forgot we decided to save money and not print up new road signs. I hear the testing continues?

IMAGINEER
#Totally! The fountains have really sparked a lot of impressions on social media! I've seen a lot of #hashtags!​

The CEO's phone buzzes. He glances down to see a text message from the previous CEO, who is still hanging around the office for a few more months. The previous CEO reminds him that, at the current time, he does not plan to vacate his office anytime soon and to stop pestering him about it. "Just because you're the CEO doesn't mean you get to act like one," the message concludes. The current CEO bites his tongue and refocuses on the Zoom call.

CEO
Yeah, I glanced at a few of them myself. I saw some concern about sightlines along World Showcase with the fountains we're going to use during the day with the nighttime spectacular equipment. Anything you can do about that.​

The IMAGINEER smiles a smile honed by years of selfies for social media.

IMAGINEER
I got it! Watch this live stream! #Getit?​

The IMAGINEER pulls out a flat tablet. On it, the CEO notices the words "Fountain Level CONTROL" and arrows with plus and minus symbols. The IMAGINEER jabs the plus arrow a few times while the Zoom call screen changes. The IMAGINEER has shared a live feed to ORLANDO and the theme park's lagoon. As the IMAGINEER continues to press the plus arrow, water spray from the fountains on the nighttime spectacular equipment grows in size, the mist getting caught further and further into the wind moving across the body of water, leaving behind a haze that barely covers the equipment but blocks the view of anything in the distance.

IMAGINEER
How's that, boss? I just zero-based the sightline visibility by removing it completely! Can't complain about not seeing some foreign building if you can't see it! But you know what? Now we can do augmented reality in our apps so you can just hold up your phone to see any sightlines you could see before! We can really be on the front edge of #tech!​

The CEO squirms, though he keeps his discomfort off-camera as best he can. Yet another decision,he thinks, that doesn't involve the approval of the design of a t-shirt or action figure or some other consumer good. He never feels very comfortable with these and wonders if he ever will. He glances at his phone again to see a text message from the previous CEO asking if the current CEO has finished shining his shoes. "I need them for a party, and no, you're not invited."

CEO
Uh, yes, that's fine. Cost is no object. I have to go, there's an important matter I need to attend to.

IMAGINEER
#NoprobLOL! I needed to get back to my LinkedIn profile! I just finished a masterclass on nonsense business words hosted by MBA legends and I can't wait to add them to my job description. I'm thinking of adding something along the lines of "Lead a menu of interactive placement with a focused-in approach at the consumer lev..."​

The CEO ends the Zoom meeting, cutting the IMAGINEER off in mid-sentence. The CEO leans back, wonders if this job will ever make sense, but then remembers that no matter what, there's always the company's intellectual property to do most of the work for him. With a smile of his face, he grabs the previous CEO's favorite shoe shine and gets to work.

FADE TO BLACK

TTA94

..... No inside knowledge, but I think Disney *might* be hoping to launch Harmonious July 4th, as a last minute special event to kick off the summer...

My logic:
1 -- No announcement but aggressive current work. If the plan was definitely October 1st, why not announce it with the Rat opening date? I'll suspect that they are hoping for July 4th, but don't want to announce in case they fall behind, in case there are more Covid spikes, etc.
2 -- Epcot's Flower and Garden Festival ends July 5th. With no Festival, with half the park under demolition, it won't be easy drawing people to Epcot over the summer. So launching Harmonious on July 4th would be a "magical" finale to the Garden Festival, while a great kick-off to Epcot summer. It would draw night time crowds to Epcot all summer.
3 -- Again, they are aggressively testing Harmonious now. What's the real time frame it takes to test and launch?? It was supposed to launch last Spring/Summer, and none of the barges had even launched prior to the Covid closure. So if it was just a couple months away when Covid closed the parks in March... and now they are actually launching and testing barges, I have to imagine it will be "ready" within the next 2-3 months.. and July 4th in 3 and a half months away..

So basically... at a minimum.... I think they are reserving decision and considering launching Harmonious July 4th.
And imagine if they really did it as a last-minute surprise -- It would garner them tons of positive Disney-media coverage to launch the summer.

There is no date currently.

Will Harm even be finished by Summer? Based on, I believe it was Zack, who said Harm was still in the early stages. That doesn’t give the impression it will be ready to go by July.

havoc315

Will Harm even be finished by Summer? Based on, I believe it was Zack, who said Harm was still in the early stages. That doesn’t give the impression it will be ready to go by July.

In March 2020, before the Covid closure, they were about 3 months away from opening. They are now further along than they were in March 2020. Thus, logic would dictate... they must be under 3 months from being "ready."

GimpYancIent

Just wondering if it may be a point of concern. The Florida Fresh Water Brain Eating Omeba that was the cause of the permanent closure of the River Country Water Park (back in the day) and a reason No Swimming signs were and are posted at all WDW bodies of water that are not pools is still around lurking in the water. It's not just alligators and snakes that lurk in the water. Would pumping large volumes of water from World Showcase Lagoon and spraying it high into the air exposing guests to the mist be wise?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Just wondering if it may be a point of concern. The Florida Fresh Water Brain Eating Omeba that was the cause of the permanent closure of the River Country Water Park (back in the day) and a reason No Swimming signs were and are posted at all WDW bodies of water that are not pools is still around lurking in the water. It's not just alligators and snakes that lurk in the water. Would pumping large volumes of water from World Showcase Lagoon and spraying it high into the air exposing guests to the mist be wise?
No. That amoeba needs to get into your brain via upper nasal passages. Those who ever got infected were swimming in the water, not from being near a splash zone. That it can get into your brain requires extraordinary circumstances, otherwise, it'd be a lot more common for anyone who's ever swum in Southern lakes.

techgeek

In March 2020, before the Covid closure, they were about 3 months away from opening. They are now further along than they were in March 2020. Thus, logic would dictate... they must be under 3 months from being "ready."

I don’t recall a date ever being announced pre-covid, but I seem to remember the buzz was for an October 1 premiere much moreso then summer.

In March 2020 the barges weren’t even in the water yet, let alone the vertical work started... and that has taken months. I highly doubt they could have made summer 2020, and I highly doubt they’ll make summer 2021 at the rate they are going.

I wouldn’t ever try to use logic on WDW construction / test and adjust timelines, even in normal times.

havoc315

I don’t recall a date ever being announced pre-covid, but I seem to remember the buzz was for an October 1 premiere much moreso then summer.

In March 2020 the barges weren’t even in the water yet, let alone the vertical work started... and that has taken months. I highly doubt they could have made summer 2020, and I highly doubt they’ll make summer 2021 at the rate they are going.

I wouldn’t ever try to use logic on WDW construction / test and adjust timelines, even in normal times.

As of late December 2019, they were saying “Spring 2020”
In March 2020, they were getting close to launching the barges, with an expectation for launching the show in late Spring.

https://.com/2019/12/new-harmonious-nighttime-spectacular-to-debut-in-spring-2020-at-epcot/

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom