News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

jrhwdw

True. Another plus to the F! barges is they can move! Lol.
If Epcot did get the TDS F! barges.....While yes, very moveable, not lot a room for tons of Fountains/Pyro. Plus, what would our centerpiece be? We couldn't take the Hat barge, or WDW would have 2 F!'s LOL! And I KNOW these boards wouldn't approve an Epcot F! LOL!!!

TTA94

To bad they didnā€™t go with the spinning circles or compass as the center barge that they showed in the very first concept video at D23. That would have been way more impressive and added a extra moving element to the show. The giant arch with a water screen is just blah. Worse yet many will not even see it if your on the sides of it.

As someone else already said, I feel like we have already seen the show and all itā€™s effects. No surprise effects that I can see, but hopefully Iā€™m wrong. Pretty sad when we can already see the cuts and what more they could have done to make this a true ā€œOne of the largest nighttime showsā€ and pulling out all the stops.
Donā€™t get me wrong Iā€™m still excited to see the final product, but I strongly question being Wowed or mind blown.

I also think a lot weighs on Harms soundtrack. In the eyes, or ears rather, the soundtrack has already failed from the very first preview we heard due to the obvious IP. But the largest factor is how big, full and Epic the soundtrack is overall, as well as the story and how it flows.

TTA94

Aka Frozen, the Movie IP That Will Never Die. ;)

I wonder how many die hard Epcot fans will go storming out of World Showcase when they start blaring ā€œLet It Goā€ and ā€œInto The Unknownā€ hahaha šŸ˜‚. I can almost guarantee you those songs will be in the show in some way lol.

jrhwdw

I think a perfect segment in Harmonious could be the use of Disneyā€™s Myth A Frozen Tale.

At least the music in Myth is not IP lol.
Is that the new Short/Special on Disney+?

I wonder how many die hard Epcot fans will go storming out of World Showcase when they start blaring ā€œLet It Goā€ and ā€œInto The Unknownā€ hahaha šŸ˜‚. I can almost guarantee you those songs will be in the show in some way lol.
We have Let It Go inside Norway, so WS guests that does Norway are used to it already. I don't think there were storms of people during Whole New World in EF...

Call me crazy but, considering how well SSE Plaza turned out , I'm hoping for a little Epcot in Harm. Maybe we'll get FON or other Epcot Music during the day for the Harm. Fountain Shows?

TTA94

Is that the new Short/Special on Disney+?

We have Let It Go inside Norway, so WS guests that does Norway are used to it already. I don't think there were storms of people during Whole New World in EF...

Call me crazy but, considering how well SSE Plaza turned out , I'm hoping for a little Epcot in Harm. Maybe we'll get FON or other Epcot Music during the day for the Harm. Fountain Shows?

Yeah Myth is the new short film. Love the music.

Hopefully Harm isnā€™t all IP and something like the new entrance music. Hopefully a new original theme song as well.

TTA94

We'll be at the entrance plaza. That's our nighttime show now.

Now that Iā€™m thinking about it, I wonder if this was a deliberate thing on Disneyā€™s part to introduce the new projection show along with Harmonious. HEA show in WS and a IP free (that we know of) show around SE.

TTA94

I'll stand by not being horribly offended by the show itself. IMO, its (sort of) what should have been done if Disney was hell bent on putting a permanent IP mish mash show into AK (which more natural looking show equipment ala RoL).

How well do you think Harm will be received? You think it will impress? or potentially be a flop?

Inspired Figment

It was the most derided part of the show.
Exactly! As someone who was there on the night it debuted, (was there with @Figments Friend and a few others). Both the sudden silence, groans, and the instant negative reaction once that song blared out after everyone was initially enjoying the show before that ending was deafening. That conclusion/message seemed very clear to me, seemed like a slap in the face to EPCOTā€™s original vision, designers, and fans than anything else. The show was basically, ā€œHey remember what you all loved about EPCOT? Well screw that, The ā€œwhole new worldā€ (formed by free-spirited creativity ā€˜apparentlyā€™.. still doesnā€™t make any sense to me) is full of movie IP tie-ins. Add the tacked on out of context quote from Walt about EPCOT always evolving or whatever. Man, that left such a negative taste in our mouths, we basically marched towards Living with the Land afterwards to cleanse our mind from that.

Last edited:

Inspired Figment

honestly, you wouldnā€™t believe the amount of murmurs we heard from guests as everyone was making their way out of World Showcase. So many complaining about the ending and how theyā€™d wanna never see that show again or were debating whether theyā€™d return to EPCOT in the future. Not good..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom