News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

trainplane3

They’ve also become hopelessly political, but this isn’t the forum to talk about that.

Remember kids, part of the way you force everyone to do things your way is by demonizing everyone who disagrees for any reason whatsoever.

It used to be called “a manipulative, spoiled brat.” Now it’s “bold and brave.”

So at WDI and WDFA, any long-time fan who doesn’t mindlessly adore every new thing is bad, wrong, and probably evil. And it’s acceptable to vilify or mock those fans because they don’t understand that Walt said, “dISneEelaND Is nOt A MoooSEee-Umm.”

After all, as one executive infamously announced in the early 2000s, these fans probably shop at Walmart.
I decided to go back and take a look at the account and...
They even went as far to remove pictures from their account and lock it down:
brave.JPG

Someone got a good talking to.

Figments Friend

Looking at the 'Mistake on the Lake' ( as Cast are calling it...) I cannot help but be reminded of a memorable quote from a Universal film.

Guess which one -

"Yeah, but your people were so focused on wether or not they 'could' , they didn't stop to think about if they 'should'....!

Free virtual prize for anyone who can correctly name the character and the film!
:)

-

DonaldDoleWhip

They’ve also become hopelessly political, but this isn’t the forum to talk about that.

Remember kids, part of the way you force everyone to do things your way is by demonizing everyone who disagrees for any reason whatsoever.

It used to be called “a manipulative, spoiled brat.” Now it’s “bold and brave.”

So at WDI and WDFA, any long-time fan who doesn’t mindlessly adore every new thing is bad, wrong, and probably evil. And it’s acceptable to vilify or mock those fans because they don’t understand that Walt said, “dISneEelaND Is nOt A MoooSEee-Umm.”

As one executive infamously announced in the early 2000s, these fans probably shop at Walmart.
Yep. Also we differentiate ourselves on all the magical details (just look at the teal sparklers on that cupcake!), unless it's a detail we completely overlooked or got wrong, in which case who cares? What a loser you'd have to be to care about that detail.

tirian

Looking at the 'Mistake on the Lake' ( as Cast are calling it...) I cannot help but be reminded of a memorable quote from a Universal film.

Guess which one -

"Yeah, but your people were so focused on wether or not they 'could' , they didn't stop to think about if they 'should'....!

Free virtual prize for anyone who can correctly name the character and the film!
:)

-
Rooooooar

LorangeJuice

I wonder if Future World was there to greet World Showcase in Disney heaven. 👼👼👼

With that said, this isn't about EPCOT Center vs. Epcot and purists. Why not? Because this monstrosity makes no sense at all, especially compared to the other changes being made in EPCOT.

They remove the Fountain of Nations because of the high cost of maintenance and supposedly waning popularity, but this monstrosity is ok during the day because fountains.

They remove Leave A Legacy and redo the spine to declutter the front of the park, but they completely clutter World Showcase with this monstrosity. Even the original Leave A Legacy design appeared to consider sightlines and color.

World Showcase is a show. It literally has the word "show" in it. This area is on stage, but this monstrosity looks like unfinished backstage elements. Even the IllumiNations Globe looked like a finished piece of art during the day, but it wasn't a permanent structure. Heck, even our neighborhood cell towers look like trees now.

The ring screen isn't even visible in 1/2 of World Showcase. Will it rotate? How does it look from Italy Isola and Isle de France? Or the waterfront dining venues?

Wouldn't this concept using permanent structures make more sense over in AK for a ROL replacement?

I'm just lost.

TTA94

Looks similar lol but this can lay down. Probably much smaller than Epcots? Gives us a idea of what Epcot’s will look like probably. Both were water screens.

Or 12:35 in this video:

Touchdown

If the finale was Celebrate the Future Hand in Hand, it could have been a solid interim show. There were a couple of other changes to the dialogue / music in the first 7-8 minutes that I would have changed, but it absolutely would have been redeemed with a Celebrate the Future 2-4 minute finale.

Alternatively, I made a few soundtrack changes and incorporate Reflections of Earth instead...

I also would have preferred Figment being the host, if you’re going to use One Little Spark as your recurring theme (which I don’t disagree with) it just makes thematic sense.

Inspired Figment

I also would have preferred Figment being the host, if you’re going to use One Little Spark as your recurring theme (which I don’t disagree with) it just makes thematic sense.
Agreed! Or at the very least Dreamfinder. Preferably I would’ve liked to have both host the show ala the Blue Fairy & Jiminy Cricket in Wishes. Supposedly they were originally planned to host it but were cut due to “not being able to keep a promise”. In essence, not promising that Dreamfinder & Figment would remain or return at EPCOT in the park’s future. Ridiculous, why that should even be a concern is beyond me. They ‘know’ Dreamfinder, Figment, and the original Imagination attraction are beloved & sell well in merch. Heck, they pushed and put Figment on practically every piece of EPCOT Forever merchandise. Talk about corporate being dense.

Last edited:

Inspired Figment

And it’s not even that anyone disagrees with One Little Spark being the recurring theme.. it’s how that message ultimately was executed and utilized by the end of the show. With that “A Whole New World”/Aladdin/Movie IP BS that doesn’t fit in the show whatsoever and completely throws it off. And then they tack on that recording from Walt about EPCOT being in an ever changing state of becoming or progress or whatever to essentially justify it. It’s like an under-handed insult really to classic EPCOT Center fans due to that ending. Terrible.

Last edited:

Inspired Figment

Heck.. how truly does ““one little spark of inspiration” in the context within the song fit within that show’s supposed message & conclusion? It doesn’t! Movie IPs (“A Whole New World) isn’t a good representation of free spirited creativity or a culmination of unique concepts & ideas, the very thing classic EPCOT Center is founded upon, whatsoever. If anything, that ending is more representative of Dr. Nigel Channing’s vision of what Imagination is. Something captured & controlled through the 5 senses, which is perception. Essentially, someone who doesn’t have a clear idea of ‘what’ imagination really is. Not Dreamfinder’s, which was strictly about creativity, in how ideas are collected & reformed into new, innovative things or how those “sparks” are able to manipulated, represented, & utilized through different creative mediums or occupations.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It will be so much better than the fireworks show that was around for years. Hopefully this will be here for Epcot’s 75th anniversary 😊😄🥰😍

Are you talking about ROE?? It was used too long...but still right up their with the best thing they’ve ever done. I am biased as I saw it Opening night.

I mean...it’s not a projection of vhs trailer highlight reels/singalongs on old buildings though...the kids seem to love that

More worrying is this crap was approved. By people who think it’s okay.

What will happen in the future if this is the new standard?

That battle was lost...look who they actually put in charge? Still think the board is being punked here.

I don't know but maybe people aren't stuck living in the 80s anymore?

But since the height of Epcot was the late 80’s to 90’s...that’s really not an unreasonable idea.

Might have out kicked your coverage here.

SuITS was hidden when not playing. Your point?

To blindly defend current management...you know the drill

DonaldDoleWhip

Are you talking about ROE?? It was used too long...but still right up their with the best thing they’ve ever done. I am biased as I saw it Opening night.
That’s incredible. Can’t claim the same, but still loved seeing it during the Millenium Celebration, following an evening run of Tapestry of Nations. It instantly made Epcot my favorite park at the time (despite having no experience with its original headliners) and encapsulated what made World Showcase so special.

For what it’s worth, I got to experience Ratatouille’s opening day at WDSP, and that didn’t make the attraction any better. RoE is simply that good, and it really carried World Showcase for the better part of two decades. Now the role’s been taken over by booze booths.

flutas

Looking at the 'Mistake on the Lake' ( as Cast are calling it...)

That name evoked a picture in my head, and I had to try and share it (as best I can in 20 minutes late on a Sunday.)

Minus the fact the arm is on the wrong side, I tried to keep it scaled as well based on the best image I could find from the side.

Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 1.44.20 AM.png

My new nickname for the show is Nessie.

DonaldDoleWhip

It's just that there is so much negativity surrounding Disney as a whole, whether theme parks, shows, actors, movies etc. Universal Studios and others are just riding along the waves and being unbothered and unproblematic on social media and forums while Disney has been the target to every criticisms. Do people just love rooting for the underdogs and hating whose on top?
Everyone piling on with the criticism is doing so because they care about Disney World and care about Epcot.

People form strong attachments to brands thanks to the quality, standards, and reputation they establish over time, but it’s a lot easier to destroy something great than it is to build in the first place. With Epcot, we’re witnessing a comedy of errors that are mutilating something truly great (at one point) beyond recognition.

Universal and Six Flags don’t need to be criticized in this way because they were never as ambitious or special, nor did they ever strive to be. But these reactions are only because people care, and the fact that an ‘imagineer’ could laugh at that on Twitter is infuriating.

For the record, we also give compliments where due, such as the GF-MK walkway (a universally lauded addition), Rise of the Resistance (capacity aside), and Epcot’s new entrance.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom