News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

aladdin2007

I'm really curious how loud the fountains will be once they're on and how it will impact the music and ambiance around World Showcase.
rumor is they are coming with their own new score..meaning gone will be the individual pavilions ambient music probably, which is a horrible shame. less pavilion music, less costumes too? (even if the intl cast program does return one day, I cant see Disney spending or caring on all costumes the pavilions had) As it was Norway had no music the other day inside or out....could have just been a tech issue that day in general I guess, but they are just undoing everything in this park and not for the better.

Last edited:

peter11435

rumor is they are coming with their own new score..meaning gone will be the individual pavilions ambient music probably, which is a horrible shame. less pavilion music, less costumes too? (even if the intl cast program does return one day, I cant see Disney spending or caring on all costumes the pavilions had) As it was Norway had no music the other day inside or out....could have just been a tech issue that day in general I guess, but they are just undoing everything in this park and not for the better.
Several pavilions have already received new BGM loops in the past two years. I don’t think they are going anywhere

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
DBF92239-D621-4AAD-A1C5-595083B521F8.jpeg

techgeek

The offset from lagoon centerline is just another log on the fire of truly baffling design going on here...

Does anyone know why it has to play off-center? I’m assuming there’s a calculated reason, because it’s inconceivable that it’s just a ‘whoopsie’ with how much lagoon infrastructure work was done.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The offset from lagoon centerline is just another log on the fire of truly baffling design going on here...

Does anyone know why it has to play off-center? I’m assuming there’s a calculated reason, because it’s inconceivable that it’s just a ‘whoopsie’ with how much lagoon infrastructure work was done.
It's so large, you won't know it's off center.

techgeek

It's so large, you won't know it's off center.

Sometimes things like that trigger a sort of ‘something is off’ subconscious unbalanced perception, even if it’s not blindingly obvious.

But this... from center stage World Showcase Plaza... is pretty blindingly obvious. It may be less of an issue viewing from elsewhere around the lagoon, but that’s not saying much since so much of the show clearly plays directly to center stage as designed.

Giss Neric

Heard from some friends in upper managment that Epcot Forever will return later this year and do ~100 shows.

My bus driver buddy is still on furlough so i can't confirm with him yet. Take with a grain of salt.
I'll take whatever show as long as fireworks comes back. I assume it's safer to have Epcot be the first one since WS is huge and spread out than Cinderella's castle hub.

dreday3

Heard from some friends in upper managment that Epcot Forever will return later this year and do ~100 shows.

My bus driver buddy is still on furlough so i can't confirm with him yet. Take with a grain of salt.

Just to speculate on this speculation - giving a number of around 100 - that could mean only a few shows a week?

junglecruise93

Theory related to daytime fountain operation/music/etc.:

1) Taco Fountains will spray water continually all day. Individual country music loops will play during this time as usual.
2) Periodically, there will be a daytime fountain "show" synced to music (a'la the old Fountain of Nations show) with potential effects that would work in the daytime from Harmonious show elements (screens would probably be bright enough to use, some lighting). At this point the soundtrack for the show would take over the BGM loops around WS.
3) Numbers 1 and 2 above repeat all day on some type of schedule
4) Preshow begins for Harmonious with who knows what in terms of fountain use at 8:30
5) Harmonious show at 9 - perhaps daytime fountains will "extinguish" similar to torches as part of the preshow/show

**Maybe Number 2 would not happen immediately - but I could see it rather quickly created. Obviously I would not expect WDO to expose all of the "tricks" of Harmonious for the daytime show(s) - e.g. the swinging arms, etc. And things like lasers and projections, show lighting, etc. would probably only work at night anyways so there would be no way to 'spoil the surprises'.

Thoughts?

montyz81

Theory related to daytime fountain operation/music/etc.:

1) Taco Fountains will spray water continually all day. Individual country music loops will play during this time as usual.
2) Periodically, there will be a daytime fountain "show" synced to music (a'la the old Fountain of Nations show) with potential effects that would work in the daytime from Harmonious show elements (screens would probably be bright enough to use, some lighting). At this point the soundtrack for the show would take over the BGM loops around WS.
3) Numbers 1 and 2 above repeat all day on some type of schedule
4) Preshow begins for Harmonious with who knows what in terms of fountain use at 8:30
5) Harmonious show at 9 - perhaps daytime fountains will "extinguish" similar to torches as part of the preshow/show

**Maybe Number 2 would not happen immediately - but I could see it rather quickly created. Obviously I would not expect WDO to expose all of the "tricks" of Harmonious for the daytime show(s) - e.g. the swinging arms, etc. And things like lasers and projections, show lighting, etc. would probably only work at night anyways so there would be no way to 'spoil the surprises'.

Thoughts?
The RoE torches are supposed to be apart of this show, no?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom